Subject: Oasis office format MIME type

From: "Michael Richardson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:50:14 -0400

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

I have:

application/vnd.sun.xml.impress.template;ooffice %s
application/vnd.sun.xml.draw;ooffice %s
application/vnd.stardivision.draw;ooffice %s
application/x-stardraw;ooffice %s

In my .mailcap. But that doesn't look very official. (vendor sun?)

I haven't found an officially registered MIME type for Open office.
is there a process afoot to do this?

I've also come to realize that systems that are abusing the
application/octet-stream, and then expecting applications to look at the
file extension are contributing to risk due to virus/trojan spam.

That is because users can not "conveniently" turn off the extension ->
application mapping.

- -- 
] Michael Richardson          Xelerance Corporation, Ottawa, ON |  firewalls  [
] mcr @ xelerance.com           Now doing IPsec training, see   |net architect[
] http://www.sandelman.ca/mcr/    www.xelerance.com/training/   |device driver[
]                    I'm a dad: http://www.sandelman.ca/lrmr/                 [

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf