Subject: Transportation to/from airport

From: Clint Chaplin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:24:41 -0700

I'm looking at the IETF information page for transport to/from the
airport for the upcomomg meeting
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/transport_63.html and comparing it with
the information I'm finding on the RATP web site.

I think something is wrong.  The only header on the IETF page is "From
Charles de Gaulle Airport", and yet most of the instructions seem to
be germane for the Orly airport (specifically, the instructions for
the Metro Line 1 and the RER line C)
-- 
Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin
Wireless Security Technologist
Wireless Standards Manager

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:13:13 -0400 (EDT)

> I think something is wrong.  The only header on the IETF page is
> "From Charles de Gaulle Airport", and yet most of the instructions
> seem to be germane for the Orly airport (specifically, the
> instructions for the Metro Line 1 and the RER line C)

I you read the "From CDG" as only applying to the immediately
following section (Air France Coaches), it makes more sense.

As in: "If you're coming from CDG, use the coaches; if you're coming
from anywhere else, these are the transit lines and highway exits that
serve the Palais des Congres."

CDG is served by RER line B, but line B doesn't go anywhere near the
Palais des Congres, and the Air France busses are probably faster than
transferring between train lines.

-- Sam