Subject: NTIA Statement of Principles

From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:21:20 +0200

I apologise: I expected so much the return of the US policy to a common 
sense logic of national interests at the world digital ecosystem level that 
I did not realised, with the W.E., some has not been informed yet.

Here is the link to the statement of Mr. Gallagher: 
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/USDNSprinciples_06302005.htm

 From two mails I received, I realise that this may be a shock to some, 
discovering there an opposition with the "IETF core values", by the main 
expected funder of Internet R&D (cf. RFC 3869). It is only a direct 
consequence of the "end to end" principle: States have responsibilities to 
their own ends, and to exercise them, in such an architecture, they must 
also control or really trust the other end.

The USA only take into consideration the current IETF architecture. They 
have identified this a while ago (gateway protocols): 
http://whitehouse.gov/pcipb. Up to us to provide a solution and to reduce 
the risks of technical balkanisation.

jfc 

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf