Subject: A word about the plenaries in Paris

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:13:00 +0200

We're just putting together the agendas for the plenary sessions
in Paris. They will be Wednesday and Thursday at new timings:
17:30 through 20:00, before dinner, to match Paris restaurant hours.

Wednesday will focus on IETF operations, administration and process
(led by me as IETF Chair). Thursday will focus on technical issues
(led by Leslie Daigle, IAB Chair). We have lots of material for
both days.

We're going to try something slightly different for the open mike
sessions. Both plenaries will have the final hour reserved for
a "town hall meeting." Rather than putting a row of IESG or IAB
people up on a stage, we want to aim at a less confrontational
style of discussion. We'll work out the details when we see the
room layout. Meanwhile (and in Leslie's absence on vacation),
I'd like to ask people to think about possible high level topics
for those two town hall meetings: ops/admin/process topics for
Wednesday and technical topics for Thursday.

   Brian Carpenter
   IETF Chair

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf