Subject: Re: Resolution of last call comments for draft-harris-ssh-arcfour-fixes-02.txt

From: Ben Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 21:16:35 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Sam Hartman wrote:

> Please add an applicability statement discussing the performance
> advantages of RC4 against the known security weaknesses.  You may end
> up reusing text from your security considerations text.  Your
> applicability statement needs to suggest to the reader that they
> consider the ssh newmodes draft as an alternative to your rc4 ciphers.
> This alternative should be chosen in environments where the advantages
> of RC4 do not make it attractive.

I've done this and sent draft-harris-ssh-arcfour-fixes-03.txt to be 
posted.

> In addition, I'm still waiting to hear back from you on the questions
> raised in the security directorate review.  While these points are
> minor, they should be addressed.

I've replied to them, removed my dodgy information theory and referenced 
the relevant recent papers.

-- 
Ben Harris

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Ben Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 21:16:35 +0100 (BST)

-- 
Ben Harris