Subject: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria - transport

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 08:16:44 -0700

According to the inputs received on the airport, I think we should say
something such as:

The airport and/or other wide area transport means need to have adequate
capacity and decent connections.

It is expected that there's easy and inexpensive transportation from the
nearby airports to the meeting site. Typically this implies an airport under
50 kilometer's distance and the availability of public transportation and/or
affordable taxi services.

The airport should have adequate capacity considering the number of expected
attendees arriving and departing, for example with sufficient number of
scheduled flights and avoiding bottlenecks due to local immigration
practices.

The traveling to the venue location should be possible with a maximum of one
flight hop from a major hub. The airport must have a diversity of
international carriers.

Comments ?

Regards,
Jordi

************************************
The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Information available at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: John Loughney <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 8:34:54 +0300

Jordi,

This is over specifying, IMO.  I'd simply say that:

Locations should be near a major airport with sufficient local transportation.

John
> 
> From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
> Date: 2005/10/22 Sat PM 06:16:44 EEST
> To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria - transport
>