Subject: The IETF Trust and related documents

From: "Lucy E. Lynch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:19:10 -0700 (PDT)

All -

The IAOC is pleased to announce that we have reached substantial agreement
with both CNRI and ISOC on the founding document for an IETF Trust. The
IETF Trust is a private legal construct (in this case established under
the laws of Virginia, USA) allowing assets (in this case, intellectual
property rights and other property) to be held and administered for the
benefit of the IETF and hence the Internet standards process.

The IETF Trust document, a model version of an IPR License (based on the
potential Service Agreement with NeuStar for the provision of Secretariat
services) and a short FAQ are available now on the IAOC web site:
http://koi.uoregon.edu/~iaoc/

The FAQ is intended to be a living document and will be updated as
questions come in from the community. Please address your questions and
concerns to either [email-masked] or directly to the IETF list
([email-masked]).

Lucy E. Lynch 				Academic User Services
Computing Center			University of Oregon
llynch  @darkwing.uoregon.edu		(541) 346-1774

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf