Subject: Re: FYI: Announcing the IETF Journal - a new ISOC publication

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 19:14:01 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, Brian Carpenter wrote:
> (As announced to the ISOC membership)
>
> Announcing the IETF Journal - a new ISOC publication
>
> ISOC is pleased to announce the "IETF Journal", a new Internet Society
> publication produced in cooperation with the Internet Engineering Task
> Force. Our aim is to provide an easily understandable overview of
> what's happening in the world of Internet standards with a particular
> focus on the activities of the IETF Working Groups (WG). Each issue of
> the "IETF Journal" will highlight some of the hot issues being
> discussed in IETF meetings and in the IETF mailing lists. Our first
> issue takes a look back at the recent 63rd meeting of the IETF in
> Paris and is available here:	http://ietfjournal.isoc.org/

Is this something organizations could order to get via snail-mail? 
That could a useful channel for dissemination/PR for orgs that don't 
actively follow IETF work (and/or those persons in the organisations 
that don't follow IETF work).

The web page didn't seem to say anything on that, though I may have 
missed something.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:31:52 +0100

> The web page didn't seem to say anything on that, though I may have 

I would ask the same question.    Nice initiative though.

-- 
Tim/::1

---

From: "David McAuley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:12:17 -0400

Pekka: 

At present, ISOC does plan to send several copies to its organization
members (we also will send some to chapters). We also plan to send a copy to
organizations who express an interest in membership. 

ISOC has a number of membership levels that make membership affordable for
most organizations and thus provides them a way to directly support ISOC and
its work of supporting the IETF. 

I attend the IETF meetings and have office hours as I will be doing in
Vancouver. I will send room and hours details to this list as soon as the
arrangements are set.  

Thank you for your interest. I invite all who attend the meeting in
Vancouver to come by and visit and find out about membership within ISOC. We
do a great deal of good work around the world in standards support, policy,
and education, especially in the developing world. 

Best regards,
David

David McAuley
Membership Director
Internet Society
703-326-9880, ext 104
703-963-5887 (mobile)
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Pekka Savola
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2005 12:14 PM
To: Brian Carpenter
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: FYI: Announcing the IETF Journal - a new ISOC publication