Subject: Re: UN plans to take over our job!

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:58:16 -0400 (EDT)

Noel sez:
  If some WSIS-blessed
  bureacracy decides to make IP addresses "portable" (like phone numbers in a
  number of jurisdictions),

fyi/a - an example of this thinking can be found in the aug 7 1997 
amendment to the ARIN articles of incorporation - put there under the
insistance of part of the US regulatory establishment

see http://www.arin.net/about_us/corp_docs/artic_incorp.html

added paragraph
   (7) to encourage allocation policy changes for Internet Service 
       Providers in order to enhanse comperition by providing mobility
       of Internet Service Providers among upstream Internet Service
       Providers when it is generally agreed that the technology is
       available for portable addressing.

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf