Subject: Ooops (NOTHING TECHNICAL, JUST A CORRECTION)

From: "Nick Staff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 21:45:57 -0700

Sorry for the noise, but before I blush through any more corrections (that
many have been kind enough to do offlist), let me say I for some reason
didn't realize Jefsey was refring to the root hints and for some reason
assumed he was suggesting everyone recieve a copy of the tld zones hosted by
the root servers.  Ooops.  

nick

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 09:22:57 +0200

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 09:45:57PM -0700,
 Nick Staff <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 13 lines which said:

> for some reason assumed he was suggesting everyone recieve a copy of
> the tld zones hosted by the root servers.

You were mentioning ".com" which is not hosted by any root
server. Only ".mil" and ".arpa" are, and not by every root name
server.

Not a big deal, they are typically very small (".arpa" is 48 records).