Subject: draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-17.txt

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:32:41 +0200

Hi,

sorry if this is a really silly question, but I was just
wondering what happened to this draft.
Thanks to the tracker (this is really a great tool!) one
can try to find out the current state.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=7977&rfc_flag=0

So currently the ID Tracker says it is in the RFC Editor Queue.

2004-10-04	draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-17.txt
EDIT
REF	draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2401bis	IN-QUEUE
C. Kaufman, Ed.
Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol
Bytes: 268610
Working Group: IP Security Protocol

This is now over a year?! contributing to the
heavy tail distribution :-) I really don't
want to blame the RFC editor (you have a
tremendous workload) or anyone else
for this. I just wanted to know whether
there are (whatever) problems that hinder
progress.

 Roland

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:51:06 +0200

Roland,

Looking at the snippet of the RFC queue you provided, the draft blocked 
on a normative reference to draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2401bis, which entered 
the queue in April.  It references a bunch of other stuff,  but they're 
all earlier in the queue, and I don't think they're blocked.  I think 
Bill Fenner has a tool somewhere that graphs this stuff.

Eliot

---

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:42:19 +0100

Roland

Looking at the RFC Editor queue, it looks as if this is the only 
document in the complex web of interdependencies between rfc2401bis and 
ikev2 and their related documents that is still in the EDIT state.  All 
the others appear to be in REF state waiting for it to finish editing.  
Why this one, which was one of the earlier arrivals in the queue, is now 
the blockage cannot be deduced from the database.  It would certainly 
clear out a big chunk of queue (and would fill in a big hole in the 
security standards scene) if it could be finished!

Elwyn

Eliot Lear wrote:

> Roland,
>
> Looking at the snippet of the RFC queue you provided, the draft 
> blocked on a normative reference to draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2401bis, which 
> entered the queue in April.  It references a bunch of other stuff,  
> but they're all earlier in the queue, and I don't think they're 
> blocked.  I think Bill Fenner has a tool somewhere that graphs this 
> stuff.
>
>
> Eliot
>

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:55:44 -0400

> Bill Fenner has a tool somewhere that graphs this stuff.

A recent datapoint .. a different set of documents which entered the RFC
editor queue on April 5 2005 with no external dependencies entered the
AUTH48 state last night, along with a couple documents they unblocked
which had been in there somewhat longer.

						- Bill

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:21:37 -0400

For over half of the time, the document blocked on normative 
references also making it to the RFC Editor queue.  As you can see, 
draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2401bis was the last one to make it to the RFC 
Editor queue.

Russ

---

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:32:49 +0200

Hi Eliot,

> on a normative reference to draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2401bis, which entered

Oops, sorry, obviously my fault to overlook the REF...

> Bill Fenner has a tool somewhere that graphs this stuff.

Yep,

http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/ietf/deps/index.cgi

-- 
Dr. Roland Bless -- WWW: http://www.tm.uka.de/~bless
Institut für Telematik, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), Germany
Zirkel 2, D-76128 Karlsruhe -- Geb. 20.20, 3.OG, Raum 358
Tel.: +49 721 608-6413 Fax: +49 721 608-6789