Subject: Update to IETF 64 Social Event plan for November 8th

From: "Ed Juskevicius" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:13:46 -0400

I have been receiving questions about the IETF 64 Social, planned for
Tuesday evening November 8th.  This message contains a mini-FAQ on the
recurring themes.

Regards, and FYI ...

Ed Juskevicius
[email-masked] 

 - - - - - START - - - - -

1) NOW THAT IETF PRE-REGISTRATION IS CLOSED, DO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL
IETF 64 TO BUY A TICKET FOR THE SOCIAL? 
No. Social tickets may still be purchased on-line (until 11h00 PST on
Sunday November 6th) at
https://www.meetinghq.com/group/101004751?wslid=nortel_ietf2005social

Tickets will also be available for purchase in Vancouver, until they are
all sold. 

2) THE SOCIAL BEGINS AT 19h30. THE IETF 64 AGENDA HAS MEETINGS UNTIL
19h50 ON NOVEMBER 8th.  WHY IS THERE AN OVERLAP? 
The Social team assumed the agenda for IETF 64 would be like all
previous North American meetings. We thought all sessions would be
finished by 18h00 on Tuesday, so it would be OK to organize a Social on
Tuesday evening. When the first draft IETF agenda was published (two
weeks ago), we discovered a potential overlap with the last two
"afternoon" sessions on Tuesday.  This resulted in a redesign of the
Social which reduced the overlap with the IETF schedule. Given the late
date, there was no way to completely eliminate all overlap without
canceling the event completely.  

3) WHAT HAS BEEN DONE TO MITIGATE THE OVERLAP? 
The start and end of the Social will be 1/2 hour later than originally
planned, and the bus schedule will be adjusted accordingly. As a result,
there is no overlap with "1740-1840 Afternoon Session III", and the
overlap with the last session of the day has been reduced. 

4) WHAT IF MY LAST IETF SESSION ON TUESDAY IS "1740-1840 Afternoon
Session III"? 
You may take an early bus to the Social. The first bus will leave from
the Westin Bayshore hotel at 19h00.

5) CAN I STILL ATTEND THE SOCIAL IF I ATTEND "1850-1950 Afternoon
Session IV"? 
Yes. Buses will continue to run from the Westin Bayshore to the Social
until at least 20h30.

6) WILL FOOD STILL BE AVAILABLE IF I ARRIVE LATER (e.g. by 21h00)? 
Yes. Dinner will be served, buffet-style, from five different food
stations until at least 21h30.

7) WHAT ABOUT THE MARINE BOFs? 
The schedule of BoFs at the Marine Science Centre has been reworked to
correspond with people arriving at the Social throughout the evening.
Most of the BoFs will run twice to accommodate both early and later
arrivals.  Please see the Social webpage for the revised BoF times and
descriptions.

- - - - - END - - - - -

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf