Subject: Thawte WOT at keysigning

From: Andrew Daviel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 20:22:58 -0800 (PST)

I'm going to the PGP keysigning party tonight (I had trouble finding the
instructions, but http://dl.central.org/dl/ietf-pgp/ietf64/announce-64
looks good..)

I'm also a Thawte WOT notary, so if anyone wanted to do that I can give
35 points for a sight (and prefereably a photocopy) of your
government-issued photo ID (i.e. driver's licence/passport) that matches
your (existing or soon-to-be-created)  Thawte ID.

Thawte WOT is a web of trust for S/MIME. It needs another notary to give
people enough points to get their named cert, but I thought getting
some cross-assertions done that could then be triggered later might
work to get point counts up (always a problem with WOT).

Sorry for the late late mail; I didn't think of it till a couple of days
ago and then thought I should ask Jeff if it was appropriate, seeing as
Thawte is commercial (but WOT is free).

More info: https://www.thawte.com/secure-email/web-of-trust-wot

-- 
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:41:39 -0800

> work to get point counts up (always a problem with WOT).

I won't be at the keysigning, but I can give 35 Thawte points as  
well. Interested people, send email off-list.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories