Subject: Human Factors Design (was RE: from the horse's mouth)

From: "Nelson, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 11:17:26 -0500

Eliot Lear writes...

> I guess what I'm saying is that who develops the running code and who
> actually knows how the code should be developed to interact with
humans
> can be very different...

Indeed.  No argument there.  :-)

> ... and while we at the IETF have the expertise in
> writing code, we probably have very little on the CHI side, and
probably
> cannot, with the rare exception of the person who has transitioned
> careers.

Or we do the best with the expertise available.  Without wishing to in
any denigrate the value of CHI subject matter experts, PhD level or
otherwise, alternatives are sometimes available.  One of my former
employers had a formal Human Factors Design group.  In other cases, we
have relied on the Documentation Group (technical writers) to provide
insight.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf