Subject: RE: from the horse's mouth

From: "Fleischman, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:42:33 -0800

I have enjoyed taking a break from work to read this thread. However,
recent posts read like Mark Twain's observation: "Everyone is always
complaining about the weather but nobody does anything about it!"
Specifically, is this thread headed towards an actionable conclusion or
is it continuing primarily for its entertainment value?

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:16:21 -0800 (PST)

I think it is largely a matter of colliding reality fields. JFC and a
small number of his "supporters" are convinced the IETF will destroy the
rainforest and subsequently the planet as we know it. The rest of us are
having a hard time figuring out what in the world he is talking about.
A PR action may not be the most humane solution, but procmail is your
friend.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen 
Editor and Publisher,  The Internet Protocol Journal
Academic Research and Technology Initiatives, Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj