Subject: Announcement: Notifications List

From: "Burger, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:32:45 -0500

In Vancouver in the lemonade work group meeting a number of people
expressed interest in the creation of a list dedicated to the discussion
of user notification technology.

This list is for discussions relating to the requirements, definition,
and directions for message notifications.

While many requirements are driven by lemonade, there is a broader
community with interest and expertise that we hope will contribute to
the discussion here.

Please keep discussions that relate to lemonade, smtp, simple, etc. on
their respective lists.

Please keep cross-posting to a minimum.  Cross-posting to a number of
lists will put your message into the spam bucket and will delay or deny
your message being posted.

More information is at 
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/notifications>

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:35:44 -0500

> Please keep discussions that relate to lemonade, smtp, simple, etc. on

Please do not impose this constraint.  There is already far too much 
tendency for narrowly-focused groups to work in isolation and to ignore 
useful input from parties whose interests are peripheral to the group 
but affected by the group's output.  This in turn causes groups to get 
strong pushback at Last Call which could have been avoided had the group 
not isolated itself.

> your message being posted.

If the list manager is going to impose restrictions such as this, it 
would be better if such discussion happened elsewhere than on this list.

Keith

---

From: "David B Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:12:29 -0500

> > and directions for message notifications.

Is this message notifications related to specific technologies, or is
this a general notification mechanism? 

If it's a general notification mechanism, then shouldn't this be
addressed within the O&M area, where discussion of notification
mechanisms is already ongoing?

David Harrington
[email-masked]