Subject: IETF Trust last call

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 12:08:26 +0000

Apologies for the last minute query - I have only just returned from an 
extended holiday.

Two points came to mind when I read the Trust document:

s2.1, Purpose: The phrase 'used in connection with the Internet 
standards process and its administration' doesn't seem to be very 
explicit about the IPR created by the process (which is after all what 
the IETF is supposed to be about).  At first reading it sounds to be 
just about the peripheral stuff related to the process.  Not being an 
IPR  lawyer I would not be sure how broadly the phrase would be 
interpreted legally, but I thought I would ask.

Appendix A:  I was somewhat surprised that this section doesn't 
explicitly mention any software used as part of the operations and 
process.  Maybe this is covered by some other part of the IASA agreements?

Regards,
Elwyn Davies

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf