Subject: Re: Last call IETF experiments

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:31:59 -0500 (EST)

Sam sez:
> It's certainly current IESG procedure that we can last call
> informationals and experimentals.  I don't know that 2026 does or
> needs to say anything about it.  Unless it is forbidden it seems like
> a reasonable decision making tool for the IESG to apply in some cases.

imo - its quite reasonable for the IESG to specifically ask the IETF
community for its views on whatever topic the IESG would like to know
the community's opinion about (and a Last-Call is a tool for the IESG to
use to find out the community's opinion)

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:28:55 +0100

> use to find out the community's opinion)

In fact, it's sometimes essential, especially in cases where the intended
status of a draft (e.g. Informational vs BCP or PS) may itself be an
open question. I don't see this practice changing any time soon.

    Brian