Subject: Re: WG Review: EAP Method Update (emu)

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:41:55 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, The IESG wrote:
> - An update to RFC 2716 to bring EAP-TLS into standards track, clarify
> specification, interoperability, and implementation issues gathered over the
> years, and update the document to meet the requirements of RFC 3748, RFC 4017,
> and EAP keying framework documents.
> Backwards compatibility with RFC 2716 is a requirement.

Is there a particular reason why the proposed charter does not mention 
EAP-TTLS?

I know very little about different EAP types, but as a potential 
operator and user of EAP, I'd definitely want to see focus on 
something like EAP-TTLS.

Given that EAP-TTLS seems to be becoming an industry standard in 
certain scenarios, it would be useful to clarify the relation of the 
work of this proposed WG wrt EAP-TTLS in the charter.  The relation 
may already be obvious to those who've been working on that space 
more, but as an EAP user, I'd like to make it explicit to ensure folks 
are on the same page..

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf