Subject: Re: Problem with IANA MIME media types registry

From: Bruce Lilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 10:42:22 -0500

On Sun December 11 2005 10:06, Allison Mankin wrote:
> Bruce, 
> 
> FYI, the other top-level media types are still there on their
> FTP site, so this looks like something went wrong with their web
> generating approach, whatever that is...
> 
> ftp://ftp.iana.org/assignments/media-types/
> 
> Allison
> 
> P.S.  I happened to have the FTP version on my radar.

Thanks for the information -- the index.html file at the ftp site
has a revision date of 23-Aug-2005, whereas the file served via
HTTP is dated 30-November-2005.  I would have expected the same file
to be served by both protocols, with index.html being the default
for HTTP.  That that is evidently not happening is yet another cause
for concern, as it means that different access methods yield
different registration information.  Possibly the IANA HTTP server
is sending the application data (only) instead of index.html.

I've taken the liberty of copying the lists and IANA to update the
information regarding the registry.

Best regards,
  Bruce Lilly

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf