Subject: Report: IETF Trust Consensus Call

From: "Lucy E. Lynch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:53:37 -0800 (PST)

All -

First, I want to thank everyone who took the time to comment on the
IETF Trust document during the Consensus Call. After reviewing the
comments the IAOC has taken the following actions:

1] The parties to the IETF Trust have agreed to amend Section 9.5 of
the founding document in order to address concerns about licensing
terms that might have adversely effected future contributions of
standards related documents. The Trustees will work with the IPR-WG
and the IETF community to ensure that any standards-related documents
placed in the Trust are treated in a manner approved by the community
through regular IETF processes.

http://koi.uoregon.edu/~iaoc/docs/IETF-Trust-12-08-05.pdf

2] The IAOC has published draft "Administrative Procedures of the IETF
Trust". These procedures will be approved by the Trustees after the
IETF Trust is established. As members of the IAOC, the Trustees will
be bound by conditions of BCP 101 and any future updates to the
IAOC/IASA structure approved by the IETF community. The IAOC remains
committed to the responsibilities outlined in BCP 101 and as Trustees
we would expect to adhere to the same standards to ensure that the
IETF Trust is run in a transparent and accountable manner.

http://koi.uoregon.edu/~iaoc/docs/TrustProcedures20051111.pdf

3] The IETF Trust FAQ was updated to outline the plans for dealing
with the transfer of assets listed in Schedule A.

http://koi.uoregon.edu/~iaoc/docs/TrustFAQv1.2.txt

In conclusion -

We believe that the substantive issues raised in public and private
comments have been addressed and that there is now consensus on the
version of the IETF Trust dated 12/08/05. The IAOC will move forward
with signing and the IETF Trust will be established to further the
interests of the IETF as a whole.

Thanks -

Lucy E. Lynch 				Academic User Services
Computing Center			University of Oregon
llynch  @darkwing.uoregon.edu		(541) 346-1774

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf