Subject: Re: IASA NeuStar SOW Update

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:40:34 -0800 (PST)

I would like to suggest that maintenance of an issue tracker for WGs be 
added to the Statement of Work. 

Many IETF WG are currently using an issue tracker.  There is quite a bit 
of diversity in the software being used.  While many WGs might continue to 
desire to use their own trackers, I do think it would be very useful for 
the Secretariat to maintain one tracker that could be available to any WG 
that wanted it.  That way a WG desiring to use a tracker would not have to 
host and maintain their own tracker. 

I would consider this item to be higher priority than even existing items 
such as Jabber, since if handled well it could improve the ability of WGs 
to manage their work. 

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:27:23 -0500

In message <[email-masked]>, Bernard Aboba wri
>such as Jabber, since if handled well it could improve the ability of WGs 

I agree.  Issue trackers, if properly used -- and that's a non-trivial 
qualifier! -- are a big aid to WGs.

		--Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb