Subject: Re: Last Call: 'Lemonade Profile' to Proposed Standard

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:42:54 +0100

The IESG wrote:

> <draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

In 3.3 it says "[RFC2927]", shouldn't that be RFC 1870, or
maybe http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-shveidel-mediasize-05 ?
That's apparently not yet mentioned in the references.

Nits:  Some [2476] are placeholders for 2476bis, how about
using [SUBMIT] ?  There's an oddity with page 10 in the ToC.

                          Bye, Frank

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:08:07 +0000

Frank Ellermann wrote:

>In 3.3 it says "[RFC2927]", shouldn't that be RFC 1870,
>
Oops. Yes, you are right. I will fix that.

>or maybe http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-shveidel-mediasize-05 ?
>  
>
The draft was withdrawn, as far as I remember.

>using [SUBMIT] ?  There's an oddity with page 10 in the ToC.
Good idea. I've changed this.

Regards,
Alexey

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:31:34 +0100

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

> I've changed this.

Thanks.  I tried to find out what "lemonade" stands for, back
to an obscure IETF 55 PDF on an obscure "lemonade" WG page,
and finally came to the conclusion that it's just a name and
no acronym...  I hope that's correct ;-)

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:23:17 -0800

> no acronym...  I hope that's correct ;-)

Sorry, that's my fault.  It originally stood for License to Enhance
Messaging Oriented Network Access for Diverse Endpoints, and I
couldn't figure out what that meant the WG would do.

  Bill

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:35:38 -0500

For some reason the multicast term "GLOP" comes to mind...

Marshall

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 00:04:56 +0100

Bill Fenner wrote:
 
> License to Enhance Messaging Oriented Network Access for
> Diverse Endpoints

 <g>  I had the ..M...DE, but was lost with the LE.ONA.. 

The MSA implementors trying to figure out how arbitrary
sequences of BURL and BDAT result in something that might
pass as a binary MIME message/rfc822 won't mind.

But they'll need some strong coffee, not only "lemonade".

                      Bye, Frank