Subject: informal survey

From: Carl Malamud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 07:53:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

I'm conducting an informal, non-scientific survey with the aim of trying
to understand within an order of magnitude how much it costs folks to
contribute to open source software.

If any of you have 30 seconds and feel like answering 3 questions, please
mail your responses back to me.  Please do NOT send your responses to
the entire list.

Questions:

1. What country do you live in?

2. Did you contribute time to any open source development efforts in
   2005? (*)

3. If the answer to 2 is yes, how much would you estimate your
   out-of-pocket costs were in 2005? (**)

 * Where "contribute" and "open source" are defined any way you 
   feel is appropriate.  
** Out-of-pocket costs are direct personal expenditures not
   reiumbursed by your employer.  Your time is worth nothing
   for purposes of this calculation.  Examples of costs might 
   be web hosting, computers, or directly related travel.

Thanks!

Carl

P.S. Privacy policy: I will not put your name on a mailing list
or in any other way release your name or email address.  Any 
results released will be aggregated over the entire survey
population.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf