Subject: getting the IETF rate at the Hilton

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:41:51 +0100

Hi,

the Hilton reservation system doesn't offer the IETF rate when  
checking out on March 25 (or later) and instead charges $189 for all  
days. Can someone ask them to fix that?

(The Hilton site shows "65TH IETF MEETING GROUP DATES:  
03/16/06-03/25/06", so I assume the rate should be available until  
the 25th.)

Lars
--
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:09:33 +0100

Hi,

On Jan 26, 2006, at 14:00, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> I would suggest that instead of sending such issues to a very large
> list addressed to "somebody", people should send them where they
> may reach the right people:  [email-masked]
> and if that doesn't solve it, [email-masked].

thanks. I have re-sent the message to the registrar.

However, your email is the first time I've seen either of these two  
addresses mentioned. I also can't find them on ietf.org. It's hard to  
send email to an address one doesn't know about.

Sending this to the general list also made other attendees aware of  
the problem, which IMO is one of its purposes, no?

Lars

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:00:02 +0100

Brian

Lars Eggert wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> the Hilton reservation system doesn't offer the IETF rate when  checking 
> out on March 25 (or later) and instead charges $189 for all  days. Can 
> someone ask them to fix that?
> 
> 03/16/06-03/25/06", so I assume the rate should be available until  the 
> 25th.)
> 
> Lars
> -- 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:14:22 -0800

> someone ask them to fix that?

While waiting for Hilton to fix the problem, an obvious work-around is to make 2 
reservations, one for the period that gets the lower rate and the second for the 
additional night(s).

d/

-- 

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
<http://bbiw.net>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:42:44 +0100

Lars,

Secretariat contact points are actually listed at
http://www.ietf.org/secretariat.html which is linked
right off the IETF home page.

You can find the IAD's address on the IASA page linked
from the bottom of the home page, but I agree it's
not obvious and I will suggest it be improved.

     Brian

Lars Eggert wrote:
> Sending this to the general list also made other attendees aware of  the 
> problem, which IMO is one of its purposes, no?
> 
> Lars
> --

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:34:23 +0100

On Jan 26, 2006, at 16:14, Dave Crocker wrote:
> While waiting for Hilton to fix the problem, an obvious work-around  
> is to make 2 reservations, one for the period that gets the lower  
> rate and the second for the additional night(s).

FWIW, calling the hotel directly has also worked.

Lars

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:41:41 -0600

From: "Brian E Carpenter" <[email-masked]>

> not obvious and I will suggest it be improved.

Hi, Brian,

I actually knew about http://www.ietf.org/secretariat.html (it replaced an 
entire page of e-mail addresses and websites in the IETF Overview 
presentation, a couple of IETFs back, and is very helpful), but didn't 
understand that ietf-registrar also included hotel reservation issues.

(I did know about Ray's e-mail address and punted to him with the related 
issue that the reservation system didn't allow for Friday or Saturday 
check-in, either - so the problems at both ends of the week have been 
reported now).

Thanks,

Spencer