Subject: Finding issue trackers for drafts

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:35:11 +0000

Hi.

One additional piece of information relating to drafts that ism't 
included in the drafts database is the location of the issue tracker (if 
any).  They aren't all in one place at the moment which makes life more 
difficult than necessary for the casual inspector... for example...

- I was just faced with an email relating to a l2vpn document which I 
reviewed for the gen-art team which stated that 'there were some issues 
in the issue tracker' but no note of where I could locate the tracker.  
Now clearly I can bug the authors but I am sure they have better things 
to do.

- I know where to find some of the nsis issue trackers but I also know 
they aren't obvious to a casual observer.

So two thoughts:
- Could this information be collated on the info pages (subject to a 
good way of finding it out)?
- Would it be a good idea to incorporate the location of the issue 
tracker into drafts as a matter of course (might even encourage their use)?

xml2rfc might be able to provide some sort of support perhaps but that 
isn't essential.

Regards,
Elwyn

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf