Subject: Re: "too many notes" -- a modest proposal

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:34:11 -0500 (EST)

> From: "Anthony G. Atkielski" <[email-masked]>

    > Nobody constantly sends a long stream of consistently productive
    > messages.

The irony in you, of all people, making this statement is a little stunning -
to the point that one really does start to wonder exactly what could be
behind your posting behaviour. Several possibilities come to mind, of
course...

    > Well, there will always be more good engineers.

In that case, there's no harm in the rest of us deciding we don't need the
dubious "assistance" of few of the most troublesome, and least productive, is
there?

	Noel

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Anthony G. Atkielski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:36:32 +0100

> dubious "assistance" of few of the most troublesome, and least productive, is

Actually there is, because there's very little correlation between
being "troublesome" on a mailing list and being a bad engineer.  This
is particularly true when any failure to agree with the majority is
interpreted as "trouble."  People who disagree are usually the motors
of change, and therefore of problem resolution.  Restricting
discussion to those who wish only to maintain conformity and consensus
in a happy little community makes for very little "trouble," but also
eliminates any real purpose for the discussion forum.

Maybe anyone who engages in personal attacks should be banned.  What
do you think?