Subject: managing IETF mailing lists

From: James M Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:41:07 -0400

Hopefully most of you will recall Brian Carpenter's suggestion of
starting a work item around the topic of "managing IETF mailing
lists."  A number of people volunteered to take part in this
effort.  We created a small "design team" and have come up with an
idea to get this work item started.  A "-00" internet-draft was
submitted, for which you should see an announcement in the next day
or so.

Brian has allocated some time during the General Area open meeting
to discuss this work item.  Among the questions to be asked during
the meeting is whether or not this a work item we should progress
and, if so, is the concept described in the internet-draft a
reasonable starting point.

A mailing list has been created to help get the discussion started.
The purpose of this message is to call your attention to the list
and invite you to subscribe if you are interested.  Discussion can
start once the I-D has been announced and folks have had some time
to review it.

To subscribe to the list send an email message with the single word
"subscribe" in the body of the message to:

    [email-masked]

Thanks,

Jim (on behalf of the team>

"Lucy E. Lynch" <[email-masked]>
Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Martin Hannigan <[email-masked]>
Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf