Subject: Comments on draft-iab-rfc-editor

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 14:16:55 -0700 (PDT)

Leslie,

It may be instructive (or, maybe not) to compare what the IAB thinks
the RFC Editor should be doing with what the RFC Editor thinks it is
doing.  The latter, which has been posted on the RFC Editor web site
since August 2003, approximates a "charter" from the viewpoint of the
current and historical RFC Editor.  See:

	http://www.rfc-editor.org/DOCUMENTS/purpose.html

One might wonder why we need two charters.

Bob Braden

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 18:53:56 -0400

Bob,

Yep, it was instructive :-)

I did review that page before submitting draft-iab-rfc-editor; so,
if you perceive that there are points there not covered properly
in the draft, specific input would be welcome.

And, we agree there should not be 2 independent charters floating
around. :-)

Leslie.