Subject: New mailing list: language for IETF state machines

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 21:25:32 +0100

While IETF has a formal standardized language to describe grammars
(ABNF, in RFC 4234), it has no language to describe state machines,
leaving authors to use tables or list of transitions or ASCII-art
(which leads some people to ask for a "richer" format for RFCs).

I believe it would be a good idea to have such a language (see
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg42592.html for a
rationale) so I wrote an Internet-draft
(draft-bortzmeyer-language-state-machines-01.txt) describing a
candidate, Cosmogol (further documented in http://www.cosmogol.fr/).

There is now a mailing list, to see if there is sufficient interest
for the IETF to go on, have a BoF in Prague, may be create a Working
Group, etc:

[email-masked]

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cosmogol

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf