Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-lemonade-deployments (Deployment Considerations for lemonade-compliant Mobile Email) to BCP

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:32:38 +0100

The IESG wrote:

>    <draft-ietf-lemonade-deployments-04.txt> as a BCP

s/marjup/markup/  
How about s/HTTP/HTTP or better HTTPS/ somewhere in 4 ?
 
s/exist a large number/exists a large number/ in 8 (?)

Please expand the first use of DMZ - I didn't know the
abbreviation - but of course Google found it for me ;-)

FWIW, I like that I-D.

Frank

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:31:37 -0800

>  How about s/HTTP/HTTP or better HTTPS/ somewhere in 4 ?

I don't think HTTPS is a sufficiently different protocol from HTTP to 
warrant making any distinction for the purposes of Section 4.

>  s/exist a large number/exists a large number/ in 8 (?)

I think you're right, but it sounds funny to my ear, so I'd prefer 
"there are a large number".

>  abbreviation - but of course Google found it for me ;-)

How about "Placing servers inside one or more DMZs (demilitarized 
zones, also called perimeter networks) can protect the rest of the 
network"?

>  FWIW, I like that I-D.

Thanks.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------
Squad Helps Dog Bite Victim
--Newspaper headline

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 23:07:31 -0500

On Wednesday, January 17, 2007 04:31:37 PM -0800 Randall Gellens 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I think you're right, but it sounds funny to my ear, so I'd prefer "there
> are a large number".

This is getting into the realm of trivial editorial items that don't affect 
the readability of the document and can be handled by the RFC-Editor.  That 
said, the original text is correct; the sentence is about the existence of 
(a large number of) approaches; it is the _approaches_ which are said to 
exist here, not the number.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[email-masked]>
   Sr. Research Systems Programmer
   School of Computer Science - Research Computing Facility
   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 02:12:26 +0100

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> handled by the RFC-Editor

Yes, while I was at it I simply noted all observations.

 ['exist a number of' vs. 'exists a number of'] 
> the original text is correct

Now that you say it, I read this recently:
http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexperts/faq/aboutgrammar/numberofpeople

Maybe I should adopt Ned's rule, "if in doubt use the
shorter spelling"... :-)

Frank