Subject: RE: Charging I-Ds

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 11:05:35 -0700 (PDT)

*> From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
  *> To: <[email-masked]>

  *> 
  *> A excellent start... 
  *> 
  *> You forgot $500 for messages on the use of ASCII in RFC's.
  *> 

Actually, I believe such messages are useful.  They occur infrequently,
in short storms at least a year apart, and they provide valuable input
from the community.  The RFC Editor has always scanned them carefully,
looking for (a) a Better (and feasible) Idea, and (b) evidence that
there is still a rough consensus in the community that the advantages
of plain ASCII outweigh its obvious limitations.  [Of course, when the
IAOC outsources the RFC Editor to India in 2009, I don't know what
effect future such messages will have.]

It seems worthwhile to contemplate our editorial navels once in awhile,
and does not cost much in the overall message flow.  Now, if we could cut
down on endless IETF process discussions...

Bob Braden

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:46:25 +0200

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 11:05:35AM -0700,
 Bob Braden <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 31 lines which said:

> [Of course, when the IAOC outsources the RFC Editor to India in
> 2009,

Good idea. May be the indians will process the errata in time?