Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-mboned-ip-mcast-mib (IP Multicast MIB) to Proposed Standard

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:57:26 +0200

I've read carefully through the draft and have found some issues.

For an ipMcastRouteEntry, how do you specify a non source-specific
entry? Previously this has generally been done using address 0.0.0.0
with mask 255.255.255.255 (AFAIK). Should one use all zeros and prefix
length 32/128? It would be good to clarify this.

In the description of ipMcastRouteSource, replace
ipMcastRouteGroupPrefixLength with ipMcastRouteSourcePrefixLength.

Also in description of ipMcastRouteRtAddress, replace
ipMcastRouteGroupPrefixLength with ipMcastRouteRtPrefixLength.

Typo: infomration

In ipMcastLocalListenerSourcePrefixLength description it says
"A mask length of zero corresponds to all sources within the group."
But then it says next:

            For values 'ipv4'
            and 'ipv4z', this object must be in the range 4..32.  For
            values 'ipv6' and 'ipv6z', this object must be in the range
            8..128."

Stig

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf