Subject: RFC2821 Implementation Survey

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 11:30:35 -0500

Greetings.

The IETF will shortly be considering elevating the revised SMTP specification
RFC 2821, to the second-level standards status of DRAFT.

A requirement for this is to produce information about implementations of the
protocol specification.  It is therefore essential that we assemble a credible
collection of information about actual development and interoperability
testing -- and deployment is a form of testing -- for RFC 2821.

Because SMTP is a rich and widely-deployed protocol, the goal of this query is
to ask for enough information to be useful, but not to place undue burden on
responders by asking them to do a massive checklist.

It is assumed that most implementations of RFC 2821 have implemented all of
its required (MUST) features and probably a fair number of its optional
(SHOULD or MAY) features.

This survey does NOT cover any specifications outside of the RFC2821 document
itself.  No enhancements, options, or the like.

Please take some time to complete the following questionnaire and send me a
private note with your responses.  I will assemble them into a public report:

Please respond by 10 December 2007.

RFC 2821 Implementation Questionnaire
=====================================

    0. Contact and Description

       Organization Name:

       Implementation (Software or Service) Name:

    1. Have you implemented RFC2821?

    2. For how long it has been deployed?

    3. What features have NOT been implemented from RFC2821?

    4. What features of RFC2821 are problematic for your implementation?

    5. Please add any other comments you wish to share:

Thank you!

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf