Subject: Gathering for Itojun

From: Jun Murai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 12:49:27 +0900

Dear IETF participants,

#Apologies if you received multiple copies, but this is very important
meessage from me and WIDE project. Appreciate your understanding of this
announcement on this list.

As many may have heard of the sad news, Itojun (Dr. Junichiro Hagino)
known to the IETF community as the Chair of the IPv6 working group, ex
IAB Member, and dedicated researcher/developer to the deployment of IPv6
standards, passed away on October 29, 2007.

The WIDE Project will be holding a gathering to commemorate Itojun at
this upcoming 70th IETF meeting in Vancouver. Please drop by the Westin
Bayshore "Chairman" room on the 2nd floor between 17:30pm-21:00pm
(December 3, 2007).  Itojun has been an important member of the WIDE
community, making numerous worldwide contributions in the field of
network computing. We would like to invite the IETF community to spend
time with his friends and fellow IETFers  in remembering Itojun.

If you could share this information with his friends, appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Jun Murai (WIDE Project)

---Gathering in Memory of ItoJun---
Date: December 3, 2007
Time: 17:30pm-21:00pm (Refreshments and snacks will be served)
Place: Westin Bayshore "Chairman" room on the 2nd floor

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/meetings/floor_map_chart.html?propertyID=1080&buildingKey=1001023468&floorKey=2

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: RYUJI WAKIKAWA <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 15:45:46 +0900

Dear all,

IETF meetings will start tomorrow and Jun specially doesn't want
to disturb the IETF activity.
There will be a wake, or memorial gathering, for itojun in the
Chairman's room (Westin Bayshore) from 17:30pm - 21:00pm.

Jun Murai and all the other WIDE/KAME members who are participating
in this IETF will be there from 20:00 to 21:00 tomorrow. Jun will
say a few words at 20:15.  Please feel free to come by the Chairman's
room to reminisce and exchange memories of itojun.

thanks,
ryuji