Subject: Re: Westin Vancouver Update

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:36:34 -0800

Ray,

> On Nov 28, 2007, at 11:03 AM, Ray Pelletier wrote:
> 
>> All;
>>
>> Some background as regards the Westin moving people to other hotels as
>> a result of renovations. We executed a contract with the Westin in
>> February 2007 when an Asian initiative fell through. In the contract
>> we were provided a room block of 425 rooms and the Westin signed off
>> that there were no plans for renovations.
>>
>> On August 30th we were informed there would be renovations to the
>> guest rooms and our room block was reduced from 425 to 335.

This is a bit curious; you imply a contract ('signed off') and breaking
that contract (aug 30 note).

Isn't there some sort of penalty clause here? There ought to be free
rooms (esp. for those who were even askd to move) or reduced facilities
(i.e., a rebate for the rest of us) involved. Merely shuffling people
around doesn't exceed _my_ expectations, given this insight.

As to Philly, I'll make sure NOT to book a room in the main hotel.
Thanks for the heads-up on that.

Joe

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf