Subject: Secdir review of draft-ietf-manet-jitter-03.txt

From: "patrick cain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:38:09 -0500

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors but document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document provides recommendations for jittering of control traffic 
transmissions in MANET routing protocols to reduce the probability of 
transmission collisions. 

The topic of this document has very little security considerations, and the
ones 
that I was concerned with were adequately covered in the security
considerations 
section. I thought the document was well written; it was nice to see a short
one.

Pat Cain
P.s. The document also apparently caused jitter in the secdir process, or at
least one of its tools, hence the quicker than normal review. :) ]

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf