Subject: Forbidden RFC (Was: Should the RFC Editor publish an RFC in less than 2 months?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:34:10 +0100

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 07:17:15PM -0500,
 Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 31 lines which said:

> Another possible remedy might be to withdraw the RFC.  This remedy
> is not as attractive because there is no procedure to do it.

Is it to test the future procedure that RFC 4390 is no longer
downloadable? :-)

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4390.txt

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /rfc/rfc4390.txt on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) Server at www.ietf.org Port 80

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:10:14 +0000

On Dec 14, 2007, at 1:34 PM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to  
> use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4390

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:16:16 +0100

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 02:10:14PM +0000,
 Roy Arends <[email-masked]> wrote 

> >http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4390.txt
...
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4390

It works again now (someone probably fixed it). Nothing to do with the
URL, both URL were and are fine.

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:19:09 -0500

I know that there is work going on today with the transfer of  
services from NSS
to AMS, and I suspect that these errors may be connected to this.  
(Note that IPv4 and
IPv6 are being done somewhat separately, so what works for one  
version may not for the other.)

I would suggest sending any 404 errors, DNS lookup errors, etc., to  
our IAD.

Regards
Marshall

On Dec 14, 2007, at 9:10 AM, Roy Arends wrote:

>> Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying  
>> to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

---

From: Joe Baptista <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:26:26 -0500

>http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4390.txt
Syephane - you get the same thing when you go to

http://www.ietf.org/rfc.html

or any RFC for that matter.  I think there is a configuration problem 
with the server.

cheers
joe baptista

-- 
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
----------------------------------------------------------------
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive,
Representative & Accountable to the Internet community @large.
----------------------------------------------------------------
  Office: +1 (202) 517-1593
     Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

>http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4390.txt
Syephane - you get the same thing when you go to

http://www.ietf.org/rfc.html

or any RFC for that matter.  I think there is a configuration problem 
with the server.

cheers
joe baptista

-- 
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
----------------------------------------------------------------
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive,
Representative & Accountable to the Internet community @large.
----------------------------------------------------------------
  Office: +1 (202) 517-1593
     Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

---

From: "Daniel Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:26:06 -0500

> to AMS, and I suspect that these errors may be connected to this.

    It may be, but according to Ray Pelletier (Administrative
Director), the DNS changes wouldn't be started until about noon
Eastern (1700 UTC).  With a 404 error, it sounds like someone may have
been doing some cleanup on the server.  In any case, it'll be
interesting to see how smoothly the transitions go, starting in about
an hour and a half.

-- 
Daniel P. Brown
[Phone Numbers Go Here!]
[They're Hid 
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.publicroot.org
version:2.1
end:vcard

--------------050602080800080200080505
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--------------050602080800080200080505--

---

From: "Daniel Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:26:06 -0500

-- 
Daniel P. Brown
[Phone Numbers Go Here!]
[They're Hidden From View!]

If at first you don't succeed, stick to what you know best so that you
can make enough money to pay someone else to do it for you.

den From View!]

If at first you don't succeed, stick to what you know best so that you
can make enough money to pay someone else to do it for you.

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:07:44 -0500

This URL works for me ...

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 22:06:11 +0100

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 02:07:44PM -0500,
 Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote 

> This URL works for me ...

Yes, it has been fixed in the mean time.