Subject: Please comment on IAOC candidates be appointed by the IESG

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 16:17:31 -0500

As described in BCP 101 (RFC 4071) and BCP 113 (RFC 4333),
the IESG and the IAB each select one person for a two-year IAOC
term in alternate years. This year, the IESG will select one person
for a term beginning in March 2008.

Following the call for nominations, which ran from 28 October 2007
through 18 November 2007, the IESG contacted each person that
was nominated, asking them to accept or reject the nomination by
1 December 2007.  At this point, four people have indicated a
willingness to serve. They are:

	Ole Jacobsen	
	Henk Uijterwaal	
	Donald Eastlake	
	Marshall Eubanks	

The IESG is actively soliciting confidential comments on these people
and their ability to serve on the IAOC. The IESG needs to receive these
comments by 8 January 2008 in order to make a selection on or before
1 February 2007. Please send comments to [email-masked].  (Note that
NomCom will also be selecting a person  to serve on the IAOC
for a two year term.)

On Behalf of the IESG,
  Russ Housley

--- Previous Related Message ---
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:43:27 -0400
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Call for IAOC Nominations and Volunteers 

The IESG is making a call for volunteers for the IETF Administrative
Oversight Committee (IAOC), as described in BCP 101 (RFC 4071), following
the procedures documented in BCP 113 (RFC 4333).  The nominations open
now, and they will close on 18 Nov 2007.

In alternate years. the IESG and the IAB each select one person for a
two-year IAOC term.  This year, the IESG will select one person for a term
beginning in the Spring of 2008.

The incumbent is Kurtis Lindqvist.

Candidates for these IAOC positions should have knowledge of the IETF,
knowledge of contracts and financial procedures, and familiarity with the
administrative support needs of the IAB, the IESG, and the IETF standards
process.  Candidates are also expected to be able to understand the
respective roles and responsibilities of the IETF and ISOC in this
activity, and be able to articulate these roles within the IETF community.

Acceptable candidates must be prepared to exercise all the duties of an
IAOC member.  These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
setting of administrative support policies, oversight of the
administrative operations of the IETF, and representing the interests of
the IETF to the IAOC.  Acceptable candidates must be able to undertake
full participation in all IAOC meetings and activities.

The IESG-selected member of the IAOC does not directly represent the
IESG.  The IAB and IESG selected members are accountable directly to the
IETF community.  As such, candidates do not need to be current members of
the IAB or the IESG, and in fact we prefer nominations and volunteers from
the rest of the community.

If you are interested in one of these positions, or know of someone who
may be a good fit for this position, please send the name and email
address to <[email-masked]>.

The IESG will respond with a questionnaire, asking for the candidates'
qualifications and willingness to serve.

The names of all people who declare themselves willing to serve will be
made public on the [email-masked] list after the end of the
solicitation period.  The plan is to post the list of candidates on 17 Dec
2007.

The IESG expects to make a decision on or before 1 Feb 2007.  Note that
NomCom is also selecting an IAOC member, and the goal is for the IESG
selection to conclude shortly before NomCom announces their selection.

On Behalf of the IESG,
  Russ Housley

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf