Subject: Operation permissions on Read-Only objects in a table

From: Aditya JAIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:26:56 +0530

Hi All,

I have a confusion over the operations that can be performed on Read-only
objects belonging to a table.

A read-only object implies we cannot change the value of the object for that
instance. 

Suppose we have a table in which some objects are read-only, and at least
one columnar object which has MAX- ACCESS = read-create. Does this imply
that we cannot delete that instance row by setting status to "destroy", if
we have created one?

Regards,

Aditya

_______________________________________________
IETF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 22:17:00 +0200

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 03:26:56PM +0530,
 Aditya JAIN <[email-masked]> wrote 

> objects belonging to a table.

It is a shame that the IETF does not have a "SQL extensions" Working
Group :-)

But, seriously, you used the wrong list, this is the IETF
<http://www.ietf.org/> mailing list. IETF develops network protocols
and does not deal with databases.
_______________________________________________
IETF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:29:23 -0700

Hi -

> From: "Aditya JAIN" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:56 AM
> Subject: Operation permissions on Read-Only objects in a table
...
> that we cannot delete that instance row by setting status to "destroy", if
...

No.

See the DESCRIPTION of RowStatus in RFC 2579.  Successfully setting a
RowStatus object to "destroy" deletes all the corresponding instances
in a row, regardless of their  MAX-ACCESS.

Randy

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:58:51 +0200

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:17:00PM +0200,
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]> wrote 

> and does not deal with databases.

As mentioned by several people in private (thanks for the fix), I
forgot about SNMP and the MIBs. Sorry.
_______________________________________________
IETF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf