Subject: Missing Materials

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:39:38 -0700

As I have done for previous IETFs I just ran getdrafts 
(http://tools.ietf.org/tools/getdrafts/) on the entire agenda
and what follows is the output. As you can see, a pretty substantial
number of WGs are without agendas, about 10% of the drafts listed
are wrong, and about half of those appear to be simple version 
errors. 

-Ekr

WGs without agendas:
  softwire
  idnabis
  savi
  rtgwg
  capwap
  opsawg
  rtgarea
  pkix
  opsec
  isis
  autoconf

Missing drafts
  draft-shen-csi-ecc-00.txt (wg=csi)
  draft-ietf-ccid4-02.txt (wg=dccp)
  draft-ietf-eai-smtpext-11.txt (wg=eai)
  draft-ietf-eai-utf8headers-09.txt (wg=eai)
  draft-ietf-ntp-dhcpv6-ntp-opt-00.txt (wg=ntp)
  draft-ietf-psamp-info-07.txt (wg=ipfix)
  draft-aitken-ipfix-new-infos-01.txt (wg=ipfix)
  draft-dietz-ipfix-mib-04.txt (wg=ipfix)
  draft-kang-ccamp-wdm-switch-info-00.txt (wg=ccamp)
  draft-ietf-ntp-dhcpv6-ntp-opt-00.txt (wg=dhc)
  draft-willis-sip-infopackage-00.txt (wg=sip)
  draft-martini-pwe3-iccp-00.txt (wg=pwe3)
  draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-requirements-00.txt (wg=ecrit)
  draft-ietf-pim-port-00.txt (wg=pim)
  draft-dekok-radext-dtls-01.txt (wg=radext)
  draft-mediactrl-ivr-control-package-00.txt (wg=mediactrl)
  draft-mediactrl-mixer-control-package-00.txt (wg=mediactrl)
  draft-nishioka-pce-sve-list-02.txt (wg=pce)
  draft-eardley-pcn-marking-behavior-01.txt (wg=pcn)
  draft-ietf-sieve-notify-mailto-06.txt (wg=sieve)
  draft-freed-sieve-notary-01.txt (wg=sieve)
  draft-ietf-dnsext-29.txt (wg=dnsext)
  draft-ietf-dna-frd-02.txt (wg=dna)
  draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization-03.txt (wg=isms)

Corrected drafts
  draft-ietf-mpls-remote-lsp-ping-01.txt -> draft-ietf-mpls-remote-lsp-ping-02.txt (wg=mpls)
  draft-kompella-mpls-entropy-label-01.txt -> draft-kompella-mpls-entropy-label-00.txt (wg=mpls)
  draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-00.txt -> draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-01.txt (wg=mpls)
  draft-tewari-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-01.txt -> draft-tewari-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-02.txt (wg=nfsv4)
  draft-ellard-nfsv4-federated-fs-00.txt -> draft-ellard-nfsv4-federated-fs-01.txt (wg=nfsv4)
  draft-jiang-sendcgaext-cga-config-01.txt -> draft-jiang-sendcgaext-cga-config-02.txt (wg=csi)
  draft-ietf-speermint-voip-consolidated-usecases-09.txt -> draft-ietf-speermint-voip-consolidated-usecases-08.txt (wg=speermint)
  draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-faster-restart-05.txt -> draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-faster-restart-06.txt (wg=dccp)
  draft-phelan-dccp-natencap-00.txt -> draft-phelan-dccp-natencap-01.txt (wg=dccp)
  draft-mohan-l2vpn-vpls-oam-00.txt -> draft-mohan-l2vpn-vpls-oam-01.txt (wg=l2vpn)
  draft-kamite-l2vpn-vpms-frmwk-requirements-00.txt -> draft-kamite-l2vpn-vpms-frmwk-requirements-01.txt (wg=l2vpn)
  draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-00.txt -> draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-01.txt (wg=tsvwg)
  draft-cotton-tsvwg-iana-ports-00.txt -> draft-cotton-tsvwg-iana-ports-01.txt (wg=tsvwg)
  draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-07.txt -> draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-08.txt (wg=eai)
  draft-ietf-eai-imap-utf8-02.txt -> draft-ietf-eai-imap-utf8-03.txt (wg=eai)
  draft-ietf-eai-pop-03.txt -> draft-ietf-eai-pop-04.txt (wg=eai)
  draft-ietf-ipfix-testing-04.txt -> draft-ietf-ipfix-testing-05.txt (wg=ipfix)
  draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-10.txt -> draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-11.txt (wg=ipfix)
  draft-boschi-ipfix-anon-00.txt -> draft-boschi-ipfix-anon-01.txt (wg=ipfix)
  draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ted-mib-04.txt -> draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ted-mib-03.txt (wg=ccamp)
  draft-deng-dhc-service-identifiers-01.txt -> draft-deng-dhc-service-identifiers-02.txt (wg=dhc)
  draft-ietf-rmt-pi-alc-revised-05.txt -> draft-ietf-rmt-pi-alc-revised-06.txt (wg=rmt)
  draft-ietf-rmt-flute-revised-05.txt -> draft-ietf-rmt-flute-revised-06.txt (wg=rmt)
  draft-burger-sip-info-02.txt -> draft-burger-sip-info-03.txt (wg=sip)
  draft-kaplan-sipping-dtmf-package-00.txt -> draft-kaplan-sipping-dtmf-package-01.txt (wg=sip)
  draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-00.txt -> draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-01.txt (wg=roll)
  draft-melnikov-digest-to-historic-00.txt -> draft-melnikov-digest-to-historic-01.txt (wg=sasl)
  draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-07.txt -> draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-08.txt (wg=ipdvb)
  draft-combes-ipdvb-mib-rcs-02.txt -> draft-combes-ipdvb-mib-rcs-03.txt (wg=ipdvb)
  draft-cruickshank-ipdvb-sec-04.txt -> draft-cruickshank-ipdvb-sec-05.txt (wg=ipdvb)
  draft-noisternig-ipdvb-ulesec-00.txt -> draft-noisternig-ipdvb-ulesec-01.txt (wg=ipdvb)
  draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-01.txt -> draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-02.txt (wg=idr)
  draft-farinacci-lisp-07.txt -> draft-farinacci-lisp-08.txt (wg=grow)
  draft-chakeres-manet-dymo-default-00.txt -> draft-chakeres-manet-dymo-default-01.txt (wg=manet)
  draft-ietf-manet-timetlv-04.txt -> draft-ietf-manet-timetlv-05.txt (wg=manet)
  draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-06.txt -> draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-07.txt (wg=manet)
  draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-06.txt -> draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-07.txt (wg=manet)
  draft-daboo-imap-annotatemore-13.txt -> draft-daboo-imap-annotatemore-14.txt (wg=morg)
  draft-decnodder-ancp-mib-nas-01.txt -> draft-decnodder-ancp-mib-nas-00.txt (wg=ancp)
  draft-kikuchi-tunnel-measure-req-02.txt -> draft-kikuchi-tunnel-measure-req-03.txt (wg=ippm)
  draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-06.txt -> draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-07.txt (wg=pce)
  draft-ietf-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-03.txt -> draft-ietf-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-04.txt (wg=pce)
  draft-ietf-nea-pa-tnc-00.txt -> draft-ietf-nea-pa-tnc-01.txt (wg=nea)
  draft-ietf-nea-pb-tnc-00.txt -> draft-ietf-nea-pb-tnc-01.txt (wg=nea)
  draft-ietf-ipr-3978-incoming-08.txt -> draft-ietf-ipr-3978-incoming-09.txt (wg=ipr)
  draft-ietf-ipr-outbound-rights-06.txt -> draft-ietf-ipr-outbound-rights-07.txt (wg=ipr)
  draft-shalunov-tana-problem-statement-00.txt -> draft-shalunov-tana-problem-statement-01.txt (wg=tana)
  draft-dimitri-grow-rss-03.txt -> draft-dimitri-grow-rss-02.txt (wg=grow)
  draft-farinacci-lisp-07.txt -> draft-farinacci-lisp-08.txt (wg=grow)
  draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage-02.txt -> draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage-03.txt (wg=isms)
  draft-ietf-opsawg-snmp-engineid-discovery-02.txt -> draft-ietf-opsawg-snmp-engineid-discovery-03.txt (wg=isms)
  draft-ietf-emu-eap-gpsk-09.txt -> draft-ietf-emu-eap-gpsk-10.txt (wg=emu)

Found 509 out of 533 drafts
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:56:18 +0100

Eric
>   draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization-03.txt (wg=isms)
I had a report of three PWE3 related drafts submitted by
email not appearing in the archive. One is in your list above.
I wonder if any of the other authors had a similar problem.

Stewart

---

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:33:40 +0200

> Missing drafts
[...]
>   draft-ietf-eai-utf8headers-09.txt (wg=eai)
[...]
> Corrected dafts
[...]
>   draft-ietf-eai-imap-utf8-03.txt (wg=eai)
[...]
> Found 509 out of 533 drafts

Based on these four examples I'd guess that your script finds
corrected drafts only for "+1", but not for "+2" or "+3", e.g.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-eai-smtpext-13 (11+2)
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-eai-utf8headers-12 (09+3)

 Frank

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 01:21:01 +0300

Ekr,

>   autoconf
Autoconf is in a situation where they have not made progress since the 
last meeting, and we decided to cancel the meeting and use the time 
off-line to progress the document. The latest agenda says the meeting is 
canceled.

Savi has no agenda because the WG has fallen between being approved by 
the IESG and actually being created by the secretariat. The problem was 
me finding the chairs and other crew members. This has now been fixed, 
and the secretariat will soon send out the announcement. This will also 
assign the chairs the credentials so that they can update the agenda :-) 
This group IS meeting, however, and I know there is an agenda.

Jari

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:54:06 -0700

At Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:33:40 +0200,
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-eai-utf8headers-12 (09+3)

That's right. I assume the agendas are only sort of wrong, not
wildly wrong.

Really, though, even being off by one is a bug.

-Ekr

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 00:44:19 -0700

>   opsawg

as of yesterday we were still hashing that out on the list. it has been 
submitted.
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:50:41 +0100

>are wrong, and about half of those appear to be simple version 
Thanks for doing that.

 [...]

>  draft-ietf-sieve-notify-mailto-06.txt (wg=sieve)
This should be -08.

>  draft-freed-sieve-notary-01.txt (wg=sieve)
-01 was never posted, 00 has expired.

I've updated both.

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 06:47:03 -0500

I'm in Dublin and too brain-dead to try to figure out what the problems are, 
but I cut-and-pasted the draft names from our tools page URLs, so mediactrl 
should be right now...

Thanks for catching this stuff, EKR.

Spencer

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:34:34 +0200

>   draft-ietf-eai-utf8headers-09.txt (wg=eai)
....
>   draft-ietf-eai-pop-03.txt -> draft-ietf-eai-pop-04.txt (wg=eai)
....
>   draft-ietf-ipr-outbound-rights-06.txt -> draft-ietf-ipr-outbound-rights-07.txt (wg=ipr)
all fixed now. Thanks for running the check!

              Harald, back from holidays

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:11:01 +0100

> are wrong, and about half of those appear to be simple version

...
>  draft-willis-sip-infopackage-00.txt (wg=sip)

Or it could be that I put a draft that expired 4 years ago (but is  
still in our various secondary servers) on the reading list for a  
discussion, because it's pretty annoying that we're still trying to  
decide on whether or not we have consensus to fix the problem 4 years  
later.

Since the agenda I posted is HTML and the draft is linked into that  
agenda (which everybody SHOULD do, I believe), I suspect it's a  
question of the getdrafts tool not doing the right thing. Perhaps it  
should use the agenda's link if there is one?

Also, drafts are often revised after agenda are posted. Maybe  
getdrafts should just pull the latest version?

--
Dean