Subject: request for comments -- how to?

From: "dig asm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:21:55 -0400

I have an idea for a new anonymous routing protocall -- and I was wondering
what I should do to get input. I was told by some people to post here.

If this is the wrong place please let me know where I should go to.
~digasm~
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:30:40 +0100

> I have an idea for a new anonymous routing protocall -- and I 
> was wondering what I should do to get input. I was told by 
> some people to post here.

First Steps
-----------
Write a document that describes the protocol. If you can implement it as
well, great, but to start you need to have a document. Then set up a
mailing list where people can discuss your design. Find people who are
interested in your protocol by talking about it in places where this
kind of person hangs out. 

Next Steps
----------
Once you have a group of people on your mailing list discussing the
protocol design, then have a look at this page
<http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/wg-dir.html>. Find out which area you
think your work belongs in and send a message to one of the ADs (Area
Directors) asking them what you need to do to change your discussion
group into an IETF working group.

Focus on the first steps for now because if you can't get over that
hurdle without IETF help then you probably don't have something that
belongs in an IETF working group.

--Michael Dillon