Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-reschke-webdav-search (Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) SEARCH) to Proposed Standard

From: "Javier Godoy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 23:59:18 -0300

The IESG wrote:

> The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
> the following document:
>
> - 'Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) SEARCH '
>    <draft-reschke-webdav-search-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard

I have reviewed that document and I strongly support its advancement.

All my comments have been properly discussed in [email-masked] and they 
were appropriately addressed.
Particularly, I have no unresolved issues about draft-reschke-webdav-search-17.

As an author of draft-godoy-webdav-xmlsearch (a proposed query grammar for 
WebDAV SEARCH), I have found the SEARCH extension mechanisms are well-designed 
and they provide interoperability by allowing clients to discover which 
extensions are implemented.

It is worth noting that issues mentioned in Appendix B (Candidates for Future 
Protocol Extensions) would provide additional functionalities. These issues are 
by no means showstoppers: implementations of WebDAV SEARCH (and DAV:basicsearch 
query grammar) are useful enough without them being resolved.

Best Regards

Javier Godoy

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf