Subject: IAB's IAOC member selection

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 07:45:20 -0800 (PST)

The IAB is responsible for selecting one IETF Administrative Oversight
Committee (IAOC) member for a two-year term starting in March 2009.  The
selection was made in accordance with BCP 101 and BCP 113.

A call for nominations was issued on 3 November 2008. Nominations for
three candidates were received and all of them were willing to serve.  All
three people that accepted the nomination were very strong candidates and
their names were announced on 1 December 2008.

After obtaining written input from all nominees and feedback from the
community on all of them, the IAB discussed which candidate to choose. 
After significant discussion, the IAB decided to appoint Bob Hinden to
this position.

The IAB thanks all three nominees for their willingness to serve the IETF
community.  

On Behalf of the IAB,

Olaf Kolkman
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf