Subject: RFC Editor RFI and [email-masked]

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 11:09:31 -0500

Hi.

I received a note asking whether I had intentionally not copied
my note to [email-masked] as the draft RFI announcement
requested.  The answer, for several reasons, is "yes, it was
intentional".

One of those reasons is perhaps worth bringing to the
community's attention: This list does not appear in the list of
non-WG mailing lists and I can find no list of IAOC mailing
lists on the IAOC/IASA web pages.  Consequently, if the list is
being archived at all, there does not appear to be any way to
find the archives.  While I also have some personal reasons, I
decline to participate in any public or semi-public discussion
of IETF-related processes that is not open, transparent, and
archived in an easily-accessible and public way.

I note that, while there is nothing in the IASA procedures
("communication plan") document that requires mailing lists with
public archives, that intent seems clear to me from BCP 101.  An
update or clarification from the IAOC would seem to be in order
(especially since that procedures document still specifies
publication of various documents as IONs, which no longer exist).

    john

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 08:30:24 -0800

John,

The rfc-editor-rfi list is now included on the Non-WG mailing list  
page here: https://datatracker.ietf.org/list/nonwg/. If you follow the  
link to subscribe to the list, you will also be presented with a link  
to the archives.

Regards,
Alexa

> publication of various documents as IONs, which no longer exist).

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>