Subject: Labels for AD management style

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:28:00 +0200

Pete,

You characterized an AD or wg chair as having a management style of "facilitator".

I'd be quite interested in your definition of that style and of any other 
management style labels that you can /quickly/ generate.  I'm not looking for a 
protracted, formal discourse, just some labels and definitions that have basic 
utility.

I'm trying to suggest that the nomcom explore offering such labels to interviews 
who are describing folk and am getting stuck on the details. I'm also wandering 
around the net, looking for terms, but the fact that you were organically using 
a term in the IETF context makes it appealing.

tnx.

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:54:28 +0200

Yes, folks.  This was a mis-post.  I very much apologize for it.

And yes, even worse it says something about nomcom.  But no, it does not 
disclose any actual nomcom information, other than some of my personal thoughts 
about a way to discuss some issues. It certainly says nothing about IETF personnel.

While I wish I hadn't made the error, I do not believe this discloses anything 
problematic.  Absent the nomcom reference, in fact I think it could be an 
interesting public discussion, but no, I'm not seeking it (now).

d/

Dave CROCKER wrote:
> I'd be quite interested in your definition of that style and of any 
> other management style labels that you can /quickly/ generate.  I'm not 
> looking for a protracted, formal discourse, just some labels and 
> definitions that have basic utility.
> 
> I'm trying to suggest that the nomcom explore offering such labels to 
> interviews who are describing folk and am getting stuck on the details. 
> I'm also wandering around the net, looking for terms, but the fact that 
> you were organically using a term in the IETF context makes it appealing.
> 
> tnx.
> 
> d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker