Subject: Re: [IAOC] xml2rfc and legal services RFPs

From: [email-masked] (Scott O. Bradner)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:34:28 -0500 (EST)

jck sed:
> Perhaps I'm the only member of the community who cares any more.

he is not alone

quite a few of us were quite worried when the IAOC was formed that
it would tend to evolve into a management group that thought
it knew best for the the IETF without getting around to asking.

announcing RFPs without any chance for the IETF community to 
comment is just the sort of the thing that I, for one, was
worried about.

I have an easy time understanding that the IAOC migt find it
a pain to consult with the community, and as John mentioned,
many times there will be little or no comment, but please
rethink your processes 

you may "not see very much value in doing a community review for this"
but, I do not think that should be your call. Always consult is
a better plan to ensure that the IAOC is not getting out of step
with the part of teh community that does care.

Scott

ps - long before Wilmer-Hale it was Hale and Dorr & I was involved
in the first pick so might have an opinion on future ones