Subject: draft-yevstifeyev-genarea-historic-02

From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 12:52:18 +0200

Hello folks,

A new version of draft-yevstifeyev-genarea-historic is now available and 
can be found here: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yevstifeyev-genarea-historic-02

This version is believed to address a number of issues mentioned while 
discussion.

Among other:

    * Added the reason for historicizing document - it is deprecated;
      and mentioned criteria for such 'status'.  See Section 2.1;
    * Clarified the criterion for obsolete documents.
    * Deleted the regulation that Standards Track RFCs may move its
      predecessor to Historic only if it has reached the same status as
      that doc.
    * Clarified the procedures for historicizing Experimental RFCs.
    * Added the regulation for IANA considerations in Historic document.

There are also a number of questions to discuss; they are:

    * Whether historicizing Informational RFCs should be allowed?
    * Whether publication of separate Historic RFCs should be allowed?
      (e.g. RFC 6037)
    * Whether procedures for historicizing Experimental RFCs in the
      current version are acceptable?
    * What are other considerations for Historic docs. that should also
      be discussed?

Any comments are then welcome.

Mykyta Yevstifeyev