Subject: Individual submission rationale - draft-brasher-ltasp-05

From: Damian L Brasher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 10:41:32 +0100

Hello

This draft has been written to provide a reference. The open source
production implementation itself is strong in delivery and in principle.
A significant portion of this draft covers areas not normally covered by
IETF. 

Perhaps there is a small chance another vendor may want to write an
implementation or implement some components or interface. But, even in
this event, I believe an individual submission will suffice.

If a WG is interested and would like to contribute I'll re-consider.
Also, this is my first contribution.

Abstract

   Long-term archiving storage fundamentally begins with archive data
   Accumulation, then Geo-duplication and then Management.  Using
   A->G->M, LTASP has been created to solve mid-range and below, long-
   term archiving requirements of the small-medium enterprise.  Where
   tape has been deployed in the past, LTASP now offers an alternative
   solution designed to be more robust and manageable in the long term
   than network attached storage devices or simple disk storage alone.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-brasher-ltasp-05

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/dbrasher

http://interlinux.org.uk

Best Regards

Damian L Brasher