Subject: Applied Networking Research Prize awards for IETF-81

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:36:45 +0300

Hi,

we are extremely pleased to report that for this very first award
of the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP), 24 nominations
were received. Each submission was reviewed by 2-4 members of the
selection committee according to a diverse set of criteria, including
scientific excellence and substance, timeliness, relevance, and
potential impact on the Internet. 

Based on this review, two submissions were awarded an Applied
Networking Research Prize:

*** Mattia Rossi *** for his research into reducing BGP traffic:

  Geoff Huston, Mattia Rossi and Grenville Armitage. A Technique
  for Reducing BGP Update Announcements through Path Exploration
  Damping. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC),
  Vol. 28, No. 8, pp. 1271–1286, October 2010.

*** Beichuan Zhang *** for his research into “green” traffic engineering:

  Mingui Zhang, Cheng Yi, Bin Liu and Beichuan Zhang. GreenTE:
  Power-Aware Traffic Engineering. Proc. IEEE International Conference
  on Network Protocols (ICNP), pp. 21–30, October 2010.

Both researchers have been invited to present their findings in the
IRTF Open Meeting during IETF-81, July 24-29, 2011 in Quebec City,
Canada. Join them there!

There will be a call for ANRP nominations this summer that will target
IETF-82 in Taipei, Taiwan in November 2011. For 2012, we are
considering to switch to a yearly nomination/award cycle, with a
call for nominations in late 2011 that will cover all three IETF
meetings planned for 2012. Read more about the ANRP at
http://irtf.org/anrp.

Please subscribe to the IRTF-Announce mailing list in order to
receive future calls for ANRP nominations and join ISOC to stay
informed of other networking research initiatives:

  http://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce
  http://isoc.org/join

Regards,

Lars Eggert, IRTF Chair
Mat Ford, Internet Society
http://irtf.org/anrp

-- 

ANRP Selection Committee

Mark Allman, ICIR
Lou Berger, LabN
Ross Callon, Juniper
Lars Eggert, Nokia
Olivier Festor, INRIA
Mat Ford, ISOC
Andrei Gurtov, HIIT
Al Morton, AT&T
Bruce Nordman, LBL
Jörg Ott, Aalto University
Stefano Previdi, Cisco
Martin Stiemerling, NEC