Subject: RFC Series Editor Search Announcement

From: RSOC Chair <[email-masked] >
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 03:34:50 -0700 (PDT)

RFC Series Editor
Publishing Internet Standards for the World
Position location:  Anywhere in the world.

The Internet Engineering Task Force (www.ietf.org) seeks a part-time editor to assume overall 
responsibility for the quality, continuity, and evolution of the Request for Comments (RFC) Series, the
Internet's seminal technical standards and publications series. The IETF is an international standards 
organization engaged in the development of new specifications for the Internet's infrastructure. The 
mission of the IETF is to make the Internet work better by producing high quality, relevant technical 
documents that influence the way people design, use, and manage the Internet and its protocols. 

The RFC Series Editor has both operational and policy development responsibilities, including the 
editorial management of the RFC Series and the development of policies for editing, publishing, 
archiving, and accessing RFCs. Editorial management includes supervising the RFC Production Center 
and the RFC Publisher contractors, which review, prepare and publish RFC Series documents. For a 
detailed job description please see <http://www.rfc-editor.org/rse/RSE-Position-Description.html>. 

Qualifications include a BA degree or equivalent experience; experience managing a matrixed, multi-
vendor operation; significant editorial and publishing experience desired; and familiarity with a wide 
range of Internet technologies and terminology. Requires excellent communication skills in English. 
Averages approximately 20 hours/week; requires international travel.  

The RSOC is hoping to make an appointment in October, but the position is open till filled.
Send resume, salary requirements, and references in strict confidence to [email-masked].  

Fred Baker 
Chair 
RFC Series Oversight Committee