Subject: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-ancp-pon-02

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 18:34:54 +0300

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Sorry for the late review due to IET meeting.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-ancp-pon-02

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2012-4-1

IETF LC End Date: 2012-3-30

IESG Telechat date:

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

In section 4 "However, the broadcast capability on the PON enables the AN
(OLT) to send one copy on the PON as opposed to N  copies of a multicast
channel on the PON serving N premises being  receivers" I think the "being"
before the last word should be deleted

General editorial comment is about page breaks which can be better like
section 7 title is at the end of a page and the text is in the next page.
Also some of the figures and their descriptions are split between pages.

---

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 01:14:30 +0300

Hi Nabil,

I am OK with your proposed text

Roni

From: Bitar, Nabil N [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:09 PM
To: Roni Even; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; 'IETF'
Subject: Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-ancp-pon-02

Hi,

Thanks for the comments. Please see inline.

Thanks,

Nabil

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 11:34:54 -0400
To: "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, 'IETF' <[email-masked]>
Subject: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-ancp-pon-02

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2012-4-1

IESG Telechat date:

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

<NB> are you OK saying: "However, the broadcast capability on the PON
enables the AN (OLT) to send one copy on the PON as opposed to one copy to
each receiver on the PON 

<NB> will address that.

---

From: "Bitar, Nabil N" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:09:01 -0400

Hi,

Thanks,
Nabil

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 11:34:54 -0400
To: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, 'IETF' <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-ancp-pon-02

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.
Sorry for the late review due to IET meeting.
Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may receive.

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2012–4–1

IETF LC End Date: 2012–3–30

IESG Telechat date:

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

In section 4 ”However, the broadcast capability on the PON enables the AN (OLT) to send one copy on the PON as opposed to N  copies of a multicast channel on the PON serving N premises being  receivers” I think the “being” before the last word should be deleted

<NB> are you OK saying: "However, the broadcast capability on the PON enables the AN (OLT) to send one copy on the PON as opposed to one copy to each receiver on the PON

General editorial comment is about page breaks which can be better like section 7 title is at the end of a page and the text is in the next page. Also some of the figures and their descriptions are split between pages.

<NB> will address that.

---

From: "Bitar, Nabil N" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:06:18 -0400

Thanks.

- Nabil

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:14:30 -0400
To: "Bitar, Nabil N" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, 'IETF' <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: RE: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-ancp-pon-02

Hi Nabil,

From: Bitar, Nabil N [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:09 PM
To: Roni Even; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>; 'IETF'
Subject: Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-ancp-pon-02

Hi,

Thanks,
Nabil

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2012–4–1

IESG Telechat date:

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments: