Subject: FW: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-09.txt

From: "Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 10:48:45 +0200

Hello,
Please note to the updated version of the MPLS-TP OAM analysis document.

The changes were made to resolve comments that were received during IETF
Last Call.
*         A clarification was added in the abstract to show that
"MPLS-TP" and "MPLS based transport networks" are essentially the same.
*         The reference at the last bullet of section 2 to
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-itu-t-identifiers was corrected.
*         The first paragraph of the Acknowledgement section (which
documented the historical process) was removed. 
*         The acknowledgment to Huub van Helvoort was removed from the
acknowledgment section. Note however that Huub asked to keep his name in
the list of contributing authors. Hence the appearance of his name in
section 1.2 is not by mistake. 
*         Additional acknowledgment. 
We used the opportunity to update the introduction to Tables 2 and 3 to
show that the tables refer to IETF RFCs (and not to drafts). During the
work on the document there were references to Internet drafts in
progress. The final version refers to OAM tools that are defined in
RFCs. This was updated in the previous version for Table 1 but by
mistake not for Tables 2 and 3. 
We would like to thank to those that reviewed the document and provided
useful comments to improve the document. 
Best regards,
Nurit and Luyuan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
ext [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:20 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-09.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label
Switching Working Group of the IETF.
 
      Title           : An Overview of the OAM Tool Set for MPLS based
Transport Networks
      Author(s)       : Nurit Sprecher
                          Luyuan Fang
      Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-09.txt
      Pages           : 22
      Date            : 2012-04-17
 
   This document provides an overview of the OAM toolset for MPLS based
   Transport Networks (MPLS-TP).  The toolset consists of a
comprehensive
   set of fault management and performance monitoring capabilities
   (operating in the data-plane) which are appropriate for transport
   networks as required in RFC 5860 and support the network and services
   at different nested levels.  This overview includes a brief recap of
   MPLS-TP OAM requirements and functions, and of generic mechanisms
   created in the MPLS data plane to allow the OAM packets run in-band
   and share their fate with data packets.  The protocol definitions for
   each of the MPLS-TP OAM tools are defined in separate documents (RFCs
   or Working Group drafts) which are referenced by this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-09.t
xt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-09.
txt> 
 
Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/> 
 
This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-09.tx
t
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-09.t
xt> 
 
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls>