Subject: FW: I-D Action: draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-03.txt

From: "Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:47:48 +0200

Hi,
Please note the new version of draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-consideration
(03) that was just submitted. 
In this version we attempted to satisfy the Last Call comments we got.
Diffs can be used to see the changes from version 01
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerati
ons/history/). Among the major changes are the following:
*        Former sections 4 and 5 became appendices. The descriptions of
some of the examples were refined based on input we got from the
reviewers. In particular the example of SONET/SDH was updated with
corrected facts that were provided by Huub. 
*        A clarification to the use of the term "transport" in the
context of this document was added.
*        A reference to RFC1958 (which is the context in which the
document should be read) was added in the introduction.
*        A reference to RFC 5921 was added in the introduction. 
*        More acronyms, references and acknowledgments were added. 
*        Etc.
Note that we are working with the AD (Adrian Farrel) to send emails to
respond to a number of people who commented on the list.
We would like to thank all those that reviewed the document and provided
useful comments that helped us improve the quality of the document. 
Best regards,
Nurit and K.Y.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 7:21 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 
      Title           : The Reasons for Selecting a Single Solution for
MPLS-TP OAM
      Author(s)       : Nurit Sprecher
                          Kyung-Yeop Hong
      Filename        : draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-03.txt
      Pages           : 31
      Date            : 2012-04-30
 
   The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is a profile of the MPLS
   technology for use in transport network deployments.  The work on
   MPLS-TP has extended the MPLS technology with additional
   architectural elements and functions that can be used in any MPLS
   deployment.  MPLS-TP is a set of functions and features selected from
   the extended MPLS toolset and applied in a consistent way to meet the
   needs and requirements of operators of packet transport networks.
 
   During the process of development of the profile, additions to the
   MPLS toolset have been made to ensure that the tools available met
   the requirements.  These additions were motivated by MPLS-TP, but
   form part of the wider MPLS toolset such that any of them could be
   used in any MPLS deployment.
 
   One major set of additions provides enhanced support for Operations,
   Administration, and Maintenance (OAM).  This enables fault management
   and performance monitoring to the level needed in a transport
   network.  Many solutions and protocol extensions have been proposed
   to address the requirements for MPLS-TP OAM, and this document sets
   out the reasons for selecting a single, coherent set of solutions for
   standardization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considera
tions-03.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-consider
ations-03.txt> 
 
Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/> 
 
This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerat
ions-03.txt
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considera
tions-03.txt> 
 
The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-consideratio
ns/
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerati
ons/> 
 
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce> 
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
<http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html> 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt>