Subject: SMTP question - a session containing multiple transactions

From: Joe Hwang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:32:59 -0700

I am a newbie. Could anyone clarify about the following issue?

I am aware that once a session for SMTP is established it could be used for
multiple transactions.

Let's say that there are two SMTP servers, A and B, and A initiates a
session (TCP connect to B). After A finished one transaction (transferring
some email content from A to B), is it possible B starts transferring some
email content to A using the same TCP connect? What is the command or
process like?

Thanks,
Joe.

---

From: Nick Hilliard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:35:05 +0100

> email content to A using the same TCP connect? What is the command or

This is defined with the smtp "TURN" command.  Generally considered to be a
Really Bad Thing.  Not even sure if it's ever been implemented anywhere.

Nick