Subject: 2012 ISOC Board of Trustees Election Results (IETF List)

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:28:35 +0000

On behalf of the Internet Society¹s Election Committee, I wish to extend
our appreciation and thanks to all of the nominees and final candidates
for the Board of Trustees. We are quite honoured to have such
well-qualified people so interested in serving the Internet Society!

The election results were certified on 24 May 2012 and the challenge
period concluded 10 June 2012. The process ran smoothly and the Election
Committee does not have any issues or concerns to report. The new Trustees
will be seated at the Internet Society Board Meeting in Vancouver, Canada,
on 4 August 2012.

CHAPTERS
In the Chapter membership election, we had three candidates:
1. Gihan Dias
2. Sala Tamanikaiwaimaro
3. Rudi Vansnick

55 out of the 86 Chapters voted, which is a vote participation rate of
63.95%. In the previous election, the vote participation was 79.49%.

Rudy Vansnick received the highest number of the votes and has been
elected for a three-year term.

ORGANISATIONS
In the Organisation membership election, we had six candidates:
1. Keith Davidson
2. Marshall Eubanks
3. David Farber
4. Demi Getschko
5. Byron Holland
6. Bevil Wooding

52 of the 109 Organisation Members, or 47.71%, voted. They had the
opportunity to vote for up to two candidates, with votes weighted by the
class of membership. In the previous election the vote participation was
50.47%, on a group size of 107 organizations.

Keith Davidson and David Farber, receiving the largest weighted vote
counts, have been elected for three-year terms.

INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE (IETF)
Using the process documented in RFC 3677, the IAB has re-appointed Eric
Burger as the IETF appointee to the ISOC Board.

We congratulate all of the new and returning trustees and look forward to
working with them soon on the Board of Trustees. We also thank all
nominees and final candidates for their participation, as well as ISOC
staff for their support of this critical process.

Respectfully submitted,

Jason Livingood, Chair
Alain Aina and Theresa Swinehart, Election Committee Members