Subject: Reminder of CFC FOR ITOJUN SERVICE AWARD

From: Jun Murai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:04:38 +0900

Dear IETFers,
Here is a reminder of CFC on  Itojun Service Award.
We have less than a month for this call.

Thanks,
Jun Murai

==
ANNOUNCING: CALL FOR CANDIDATES FOR ITOJUN SERVICE AWARD

The Itojun Service Award is presented every year to an individual or a
group who has made outstanding contributions in service to the IPv6
community.   The deadline for nominations for this year's award is 13
July 2012.  The award will be presented at the 85th meeting of the
IETF to be held in November 2012 in Atlanta, USA.

About the Award

The Itojun Service Award was established by the friends of Itojun and
administered by the Internet Society (ISOC), recognises and
commemorates the extraordinary dedication exercised by Itojun over the
course of IPv6 development.  The award includes a presentation
crystal, a US$3,000 honorarium, and a travel grant.

The award is focused on pragmatic technical contributions, especially
through development or operation, with the spirit of servicing the
Internet.  With respect to the spirit, the selection committee seeks
contributors to the Internet as a whole; open source developers are a
common example of such contributors, although this is not a
requirement for expected nominees.  While the committee primarily
consider practical contributions such as software development or
network operation, higher level efforts that help those direct
contributions will also be appreciated in this regard.  The
contribution should be substantial, but could be immature or ongoing;
this award aims to encourage the contributor to keep their efforts,
rather than just recognizing well established work.  Finally,
contributions of a group of individuals will be accepted as deployment
work is often done by a large project, not just a single outstanding
individual.

The award is named after Dr. Jun-ichiro "Itojun" Hagino, who passed
away in 2007, aged just 37.  Itojun worked as a Senior Researcher at
Internet Initiative Japan Inc. (IIJ), was a member of the board of the
Widely Integrated Distributed Environment (WIDE) project, and from
1998 to 2006 served on the groundbreaking KAME project in Japan as the