Subject: Some mailing lists moved from imc.org to ietf.org

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:07:16 -0400

A number of IETF-related mailing lists in the Applications Area have
for some years been hosted by Paul Hoffman at imc.org.  Most of them
belonged to working groups at one time, and have remained active since
the working groups closed, holding discussions of related activities
and technology.  Because of that history and current activity, it
makes sense to keep the lists, and it also makes sense to re-host them
at ietf.org.  I discussed this with Paul, and he was also interested
in making the switch.

The Secretariat has, therefore, moved the lists to ietf.org.  By
"moved", I mean that the subscribers to the old lists were subscribed
to the new ones, *and* the archives were copied over as well -- many
thanks to Steve Young for doing his best to clean out the spam and
only archive the real stuff.

The new lists have the same purpose as the old ones, and Paul has set
things up to point people to the new ones when they try to access the
old.  This should look, to all the users, like a pretty seamless
transition, requiring only an update of any email filters to use the
new list designations (see below).

In addition to thanking Steve for handling the move, I thank Paul
Hoffman for having set these up quickly when they were needed, and for
hosting them for many years.

The lists that were moved are these:

[email-masked], List-ID: <imapext.ietf.org>  (was [email-masked])
  Discussion of IMAP extensions

[email-masked], List-ID: <ietf-822.ietf.org>  (was [email-masked])
  Discussion of issues related to Internet Message Format [RFC 822,
  RFC 2822, RFC 5322]

[email-masked], List-ID: <ietf-smtp.ietf.org>  (was [email-masked])
  Discussion of issues related to Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
  (SMTP) [RFC 821, RFC 2821, RFC 5321]

[email-masked], List-ID: <pop3ext.ietf.org>  (was [email-masked])
  Discussion of extensions and updates to Post Office Protocol (POP3)

[email-masked], List-ID: <xml-mime.ietf.org>  (was [email-masked])
  Discussion of XML media types and issues relating to their use in MIME.

[email-masked], List-ID: <openpgp.ietf.org>  (was [email-masked])
  Ongoing discussion of OpenPGP issues.

[email-masked], List-ID: <usefor.ietf.org>  (was [email-masked])
  Ongoing discussion of usefor issues.

The mailman page for any list is at
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/LISTNAME

---
Barry, Applications AD