Subject: Re: REMINDER: Call for Comment on 'Affirmation of the Modern Paradigm for Standards'

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 08:57:28 +0200

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 07:09:22AM -0700,
 IAB Chair <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 155 lines which said:

> This is an IETF-wide Call for Comment on 'Affirmation of the Modern
> Paradigm for Standards'.

What's the point of this Call for Comment? Was there any chance that
the text could be modified (after all, it would require agreement of
all organisations).

The way ticket #193 was closed without any explanation seems to
indicate that, no, there never was any chance for a change:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iab/trac/ticket/193

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 09:18:38 -0400

> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iab/trac/ticket/193

The ticket is about this document:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-iab-modern-paradigm-01.txt

The document captures the affirmation that took place on 29 August 2012.  The document needs to contain the words that were affirmed.  Any changes are a future activity, not associated with this document.

Russ

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 15:23:35 +0200

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 09:18:38AM -0400,
 Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 27 lines which said:

> The document captures the affirmation that took place on 29 August
> 2012.  The document needs to contain the words that were affirmed.
> Any changes are a future activity, not associated with this
> document.

Precisely my point: why a Call for Comments if the document can no
longer be modified?