Subject: Recall petition for Mr. Marshall Eubanks

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:21:53 -0400

Fellow IETF'rs
below is a recall petition that I plan on submitting soon if there is 
enough support.

If you agree with this petition please either comment on this posting, 
or send me email of support noting if you are NomCom eligible (I'm 
arbitrarily limiting the submitted signers of the petition to people 
that have demonstrated recent IETF attendance and participation)

The reason I'm starting this recall petition is that I think no other 
way will vacate the positions that Marchall holds before the end of the 
year, I have purposely held of starting this process in the hope that 
Marshall on his own resigned but that has not happened even after he has 
been publicly exposed for over a week.

I'm disappointed that a person that took on a responsibility that he his 
not able/willing to fulfill anymore, has not had the courtesy to take a 
few minutes to draft and send a letter of resignation or an explanation.

Olafur

-------- Recall Petition ------------

Lynn St. Amour ISOC president,

   In accordance with the rules in RFC 3777 Section 7, I request that 
you start recall proceedings  against Mr. Marshall Eubanks as member of 
the IAOC as well as IETF Trustee, due to his total disappearance from 
the IAOC and IETF Trust for over 3 months, and either inability or 
refusal to resign.

Evidence to this effect was presented by Bob Hinden [1], as well as 
further evidence that the IETF Trust ousted Mr. Eubanks as  chair of the 
IETF Trust[2] , due to his prolonged absence in that body as well .

   I as an IETF member in good standing (having attended over 50 
meetings since 1987, including 9 of the last 10 meetings), regrettably 
request that you start the recall procedure. Below are listed statements 
of support for this recall petition from  more than 20 other NomCom 
eligible IETF participants.

Thanks

       Olafur Gudmundsson

[1] 
https://www.ietf.org/ibin/c5i?mid=6&rid=49&gid=0&k1=934&k2=11277&tid=1351092666
[2] 
https://www.ietf.org/ibin/c5i?mid=6&rid=49&gid=0&k1=933&k2=65510&tid=1351272565

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:15:13 -0800

> below is a recall petition that I plan on submitting soon if there is

I regret having to do it this way, but since it seems to be necessary
and there is no agreed-upon alternative, I support this.

Melinda

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:22:15 -0400

Warren Kumari
------
Please excuse typing, etc -- This was sent from a device with a tiny keyboard.

On Oct 31, 2012, at 9:15 PM, Melinda Shore <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I regret having to do it this way,

+1

> but since it seems to be necessary

As do I.

:-(

W