Subject: IETF Trust Chair -- 25 Oct 2012

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:38:58 -0700

The Trustees of the IETF Trust took two actions today:
1.  Removed the current IETF Trust Chair
2.  Elected a new IETF Trust Chair

The Trustees passed the following resolution removing Marshal Eubanks as Trust Chair:

RESOLUTION
After consideration of the lack of participation by the Trust Chair in Trust matters for a 
period in excess of two months, and the failure of the Chair to respond to repeated 
attempts to contact him, the Trustees hereby remove Marshall Eubanks as the IETF 
Trust Chair effective 25 October at 10:15 AM EDT.

The resolution passed with seven of the nine votes, with two absentees, which included
Marshall.  

The Trustees took this action pursuant to the authority in the Trust Administrative 
Procedures (adopted 4-17-08) <http://trustee.ietf.org/docs/Trust_Procedures_2008.pdf>, which states:

	The Chair serves at the pleasure of the Trustees and may be removed from that
	position at any time by the Trustees.

Notice of the Trust meeting and its Agenda that specifically included Trust Chair 
Removal Vote was sent to all Trustees  on October 12, 2012.

Following this action the Trustees elected Ole Jacobsen as the Chair of the IETF Trust 
for the remainder of the term of Marshall Eubanks, that is, until March 13, 2013.  
We appreciate Ole's volunteering for this position.

The Trustees thank Marshall for his contribution to the Trust as a Trustee and as an
 active, effective Chair from March 2009 through August 4, 2012.  His contribution 
will be missed.

Ray Pelletier
Trustee

---

From: David Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:00:39 -0700 (PDT)

Does the resolve the issue, or only move Marshall from the role of Trust 
Chair to Trustee?

---

From: Pelletier Ray <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 19:02:50 -0400

> Does the resolve the issue, or only move Marshall from the role of Trust 

The latter. Marshall is still a Trustee. 

Ray