Subject: Fw: Feedback Requested: Proposed IEEE RAC OUI Tier Restructuring

From: t.p. <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 10:02:46 +0000

I wonder if anyone else has read and understood this.  I have read it,
but, pdf of a slide show that it is, I could not claim to understand
it - perhaps there is text available that would make it clearer.  I do
see the bit that is like the old, IP, Classful address structure, that
the IETF tried and found wanting, but what that classful structure is
actually used for (and whether or not it will be found wanting), I
cannot tell.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "IAB Chair" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:37 AM
Subject: Feedback Requested: Proposed IEEE RAC OUI Tier Restructuring

The IEEE Registration Authority Committee (RAC) has requested IETF
feedback on a proposal for restructuring of the Organizational Unique
Identifier (OUI) within the IEEE 802 Medium Access Control (MAC)
Address.  Information on the proposal is available here:

http://www.ietf.org/iesg/ieee/20120725/RAC_Virtualization_July2012.pdf

http://ieee802.org/secmail/msg15524.html

Comments should be sent to Glenn Parsons <[email-masked]> and cc’d to
[email-masked].