Subject: comment on draft-crocker-id-adoption

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 16:23:16 +0100

Dave and Adrian,

I looked at section 1.1 of "What is a Working Group Draft?"

I find that the draft does not really answers that question. The draft
demonstrates how to recognize a wg draft in the IETF repository and it
also talks about the very common practice to keep the author/editor team
unchanged when the document is adopted as a working group document.
Though this strictly not necessary.

It also says that working groups use working group documents to
produce their official output.

While all this is true I think it would be more accurate to say that
"Working Group documents are documents where an IETF Working Group
exercise the revision control, i.e. other than editorial changes to
a Working Group document need to have a rough consensus by the Working
Group to be introduced."

/Loa
-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13