Subject: Re: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-oam-req-04.txt> (Requirements for Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) in TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)) to Informational RFC

From: gayle noble <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:43:58 -0800

Very well written!! No spelling errors! No grammatical errors! Only one
sentence, in my opinion,  could be rephrased for clarity

4.1. Data Plane

RBridges MUST have the ability to identify OAM frames destined for
them or which require processing by the OAM plane from normal data
frames.

[Might be clearer if it was [RBridges MUST have the
ability to identify OAM frames from normal data frames when the OAM
frames are destined for them or require processing by the OAM plane.]]

gayle

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:54:21 -0500

Hi Gayle,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM, gayle noble <[email-masked]> wrote:
>  RBridges MUST have the ability to identify OAM frames destined for them or
> which require processing by the OAM plane from normal data frames.
> [Might be clearer if it was [RBridges MUST have the ability to identify OAM
> frames from normal data frames when the OAM frames are destined for them or
> require processing by the OAM plane.]]

Thanks for the praise!
I think that your suggested wording could be improved by replacing the
word "identify" with the word "distinguish".

Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: gayle noble <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 08:02:10 -0800

I totally agree with that tweak >*sparkles*<
[RBridges MUST have the ability to distinguish OAM frames from normal 
data frames when the OAM frames are destined for them or require 
processing by the OAM plane.]

Perfect >*bow*<
gayle