Subject: The Implemetation and Running Code MAY be tested [RFC2026]

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:08:14 +0100

It is generally expected that "independent implementations" will
interoperate.  In particular, see RFC 2026, "Internet Standards
Process", which includes the following:

2026>
    Thus, a candidate specification must be implemented and tested for
    correct operation and interoperability by multiple independent
    parties and utilized in increasingly demanding environments, before
    it can be adopted as an Internet Standard.

AB> Does this make specifications recommended or required to interop
test, the must was not capital?

2026>
    In general, an Internet Standard is a specification that is stable
    and well-understood, is technically competent, has multiple,
    independent, and interoperable implementations with substantial
    operational experience, enjoys significant public support, and is
    recognizably useful in some or all parts of the Internet.

AB> I was told that independent implementation = independent and
different implementation, is that true?

AB>Does independent mean, that number of implementors read the
specification separately and implemented without contact or
dependance? or that the implementation does not have to work with
other implementation of same spec?

AB> Does independent mean separately or jointly each of the following
were implemented;
       - implemented in different languages but same implementor,
       - implemented by different implementors and same code langauge,
       - the number of implementations (with same implementor) were
then modified but does not contradict the specification.

Please advise,

AB