Subject: IPv6 update for BCP5?

From: tglassey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 07:07:08 -0800

So... we probably need a IPv6 update for BCP5 (RFC1918), doesnt that 
make sense?

Todd

-- 
Regards TSG
"Ex-Cruce-Leo"

//Confidential Mailing - Please destroy this if you are not the intended recipient.

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:28:32 -0500

> So... we probably need a IPv6 update for BCP5 (RFC1918), doesnt that

My understanding is people have been using ULAs (RFC 4193) for this type 
of functionality.

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Jan 2013 20:22:16 -0000

>My understanding is people have been using ULAs (RFC 4193) for this type 

That's certainly one option.

The other is just to apply for some IPv6 address space from your local
RIR.  There's plenty of it, they don't care if you don't plan to make
it routable outside your own network.

It is definitely NOT a goal of IPv6 to create hacks to permit two
different interfaces to have the same IP address, anywhere.