Subject: Re: travel guide for the next IETF...

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Jan 2013 02:25:42 -0000

>> yeah, I know, but I gotta say to the IEEE.... SERIOUSLY?
>
>Apparently the IEEE folks love it, have been there before.

Look at the reviews on Tripadvisor or Google, and for the most part
they're quite positive.  We're an odd group, much more price sensitive
than most conventioneers, and way more demanding about food options.

Having said that, I'm renting a car and staying at the Sheraton about
2 miles away for $16/day plus a surprisingly small number of points.
If you ask nicely, you can drive around with me and look for places to
eat.

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Jan 2013 02:56:31 -0000

Oh, if you were considering a visit to one of the nearby theme parks,
check out their latest hi-tech innovation:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/business/media/at-disney-parks-a-bracelet-meant-to-build-loyalty-and-sales.html

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 22:41:39 -0500

--On Tuesday, January 08, 2013 02:56 +0000 John Levine
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Oh, if you were considering a visit to one of the nearby theme
> parks, check out their latest hi-tech innovation:
> 
> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/business/media/at-disney-par
> ks-a-bracelet-meant-to-build-loyalty-and-sales.html

Maybe FedEx and Memphis would lend us some geese, so we could
pretend they are ducks and practice getting them lined up.
Otherwise, we may just need to provide the leadership with mouse
ears.  Again.

   john