Subject: Discussion of BCP79 on the IPR-WG List

From: Jorge Contreras <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 07:55:16 -0600

All - I wanted to bring to your attention that a new I-D relating to the
IETF's patent policy (BCP79) has been released and is being discussed on
the IPR-WG mailing list.  I am taking the liberty of letting everyone know,
since the IPR-WG list hasn't been particularly active over the past few
years, and this is an important policy document that the community should
be aware of.

I look forward to the discussion!

Jorge Contreras

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 16:32:55 -0000

Just to help this along a bit...
 
The IPR WG was concluded in November 2008. However, the mailing list remained
active for the discussion of IPR issues: subscribe via
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg.
 
The list archive is at
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipr-wg/current/maillist.html, and Jorge
appears to be referring to "Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology"
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bradner-rfc3979bis/
 
Thanks, 
Adrian

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jorge
Contreras
Sent: 19 January 2013 13:55
To: IETF discussion list
Subject: Discussion of BCP79 on the IPR-WG List
 
All - I wanted to bring to your attention that a new I-D relating to the IETF's
patent policy (BCP79) has been released and is being discussed on the IPR-WG
mailing list.  I am taking the liberty of letting everyone know, since the
IPR-WG list hasn't been particularly active over the past few years, and this is
an important policy document that the community should be aware of.

Jorge Contreras