Subject: [sidr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-algorithm-agility-08.txt> (Algorithm Agility Procedure for RPKI.) to Proposed Standard

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 13:20:39 -0500

The tech report cited in Eric's message is not a critique of the SIDR 
algorithm agility
document that is the subject if this last call. The tech report is a 
critique of the overall
SIDR repository system and object retrieval paradigm, with an emphasis 
on the speed with which
relying parties (principally ISPs) will be able to acquire RPKI data. 
The RPKI repository
system is defined in RFC 6481; the RP object retrieval approach is 
described in RFC 6480.
The tech report includes assumptions about the addition of many 
instances of additional objects
(router certs) to the RPKI repository system, but these assumptions are 
based on I-Ds that are in process in SIDR, and thus may be the more 
appropriate focus of the report, in terms of responses.

The tech report includes no specific criticisms of the algorithm agility 
mechanism described by the I-D in IETF LC, nor does it suggest any 
changes to this doc. An extensive discussion of the tech report took 
place on the SIDR list, in early December. That discussion also did not 
suggest any proposed changes to the algorithm agility doc. Thus the 
authors do not plan to make any changes as a result of this comment 
being posted during IETF LC.

Steve Kent (on behalf of Roque Gagliano and Sean Turner)