Subject: Re: Meritocracy, diversity, and leaning on the people you know

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 10:26:56 +0200

Dear Ted,

I agree with you totally, hope that your suggestion is considered for
progress in our participation (me as newcomer feedback). Our choices
in life is all about awareness,

I just wanted to add that any individual while *participation* with
any body/person in or out IETF, s/he will try to evaluation that
relationship and will gain experience/knowledge of such body
reputation, then s/he will think could I trust the system for *my
progress in participating*. For example, I was trying to get a chance
to enter an old WG, but still difficult to be counted/acknowledged, I
now decided to give my review of their work in IESG call by ignoring
WGLC because of their reputation. Thanking you,

Best Regards
Abdussalam

++++++++++++++++++++
From: Ted Hardie <ted.ietf at gmail.com>
To: IETF <ietf at ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 11:13:41 -0700

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg78758.html

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 11:50:22 +0200

Hi Hector,

Thanks for your input. I add that we/I need to write down these ideas
(related to IETF Structure progress and IETF Diversity) into an I-D,
because if not they can be forgotten. Restructuring is always an
important task for old WGs/bodies. The community changes every day so
organisations follow that change to interact with community. We need
diversity not to increase goers or attendance, we need diversity in
IETF to increase *participation* and *uses of standards* by the world
community of Internet.

AB

From: Hector Santos <hsantos at isdg.net>
To: Ted Hardie <ted.ietf at gmail.com>
Cc: IETF <ietf at ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 10:12:40 -0400

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg78773.html