Subject: [Gen-art] Review: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6021-bis-01

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 18:24:22 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6021-bis-01
     Common YANG Data Types
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date: 19-April-2013
IETF LC End Date: 1-May-2013
IESG Telechat date: N/A

Summary: This document is nearly ready for publication as a Standards 
Track RFC

Major issues:
     (The following may well be a non-issue.)
     In the revision of the ietf-inet-types, the patterns for the new 
ip4-address-no-zone and ipv6-address-no-zone are drastically simplified 
from the ipv4-address and ipv6-address patterns.  The new 
ipv4-address-no-zone allows any sequence of decimal digits an periods, 
while the original was carefully defined as dotted quads of 0..255. 
Similarly, te ipv6-address-no-zone allows any arbitrary sequence of hex 
digits and colons.  The original patterns were very careful to match 
rules for validity.  Is there a reason for the change.

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments: