Subject: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-siprec-architecture-11

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 11:59:40 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-siprec-architecture-11
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2014-01-03
IETF LC End Date: 2013-10-01
IESG Telechat date: 2014-01-09

Summary:  

Thank you for addressing the issues raised in my previous review.
This document is ready for publication as an Informational RFC.

Major Concerns:  None.

Minor Concerns:  None.

Editorial Comments:

The changes to Section 3.2.4 to resolve my earlier comment have
introduced a clarity problem.  I suggest a minor rewording to fix it.

3.2.4.  Media Stream Mixing

   In a basic session involving only audio there are typically two
   audio/RTP streams between the two UAs involved transporting media in
   each direction.  When recording this media, the two streams may be
   mixed or not mixed at the SRC before being transmitted to the SRS.
   In the case when they are not mixed, two separate streams are sent
   to the SRS.  In the mixed case, a single mixed media stream is sent
   to the SRS.  However, in the case when the media streams are not
   mixed, the SDP offer sent to the SRS must describe two separate
   media streams.

---

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 14:49:30 +0000

Hi Russ,

Personally I can see that your suggested change to the text would result in more clarity.

I would be happy to make this change.

Regards
Andy

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Russ Housley [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 03 January 2014 17:00
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-siprec-architecture-11
>