Subject: IETF Specification for FREE SPEECH BOX, a device designed for covert access of the Internet to post key information

From: TGLASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 12:59:34 -0800

Since the IETF is moving into use of its protocols and standards I want 
to propose an interesting potential here - its for the creation of a WG 
who's work product would be a system to provide covert web-based access 
to a thing called a Free Speech Platform.

The system will integrate other IETF protocols as an example of 
something that can be done in the interest of ensuring the freedom of 
speech.

todd

-- 
-------------

Personal Email - Disclaimers Apply

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 14:09:17 -0500 (EST)

> From: TGLASSEY <[email-masked]>
> 

The obvious question is whether there is a significant number of
people interested on working on it.

The less obvious question is whether there would be any standards
generated, as opposed to generating a software system.  (Software
system projects are not done by the IETF, but there are other
organizations that do that.)

Dale

---

From: TGLASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 13:19:10 -0800

> organizations that do that.)
The French for instance mandate legal access to the Internet. In the 
real world that means an electrical process and access to ports 80 and 
443 based http at a minimum one would think.

The issue here is really more of whether the IETF wants to extend its 
footprint into systems as some WG's have started forays into.

-- 
-------------