Subject: Request for IETF Mentoring Program Volunteers

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:56:24 -0800

Hi all,

In London we will once again be running the IETF Mentoring Program. We
will be pairing IETF participants who are new or otherwise in need of
guidance with existing IETF participants. Unlike at previous meetings,
anyone will be able to sign up for a mentor regardless of how many
meetings they have attended. The goal is to provide a resource for
participants that can assist them with integrating into the IETF
community.  Mentors and newcomers will be paired prior to IETF 89.

We're seeking IETF participants to volunteer to be mentors. As a mentor,
we would ask that you be willing to assist your mentoring participant
before, during, and (hopefully) after IETF 89.  The actual level of
interaction will be driven by an agreement between the mentor and the
mentoring participant. Additionally, we would need a brief description of
your areas of expertise, technical interests, and conversational languages.

 A description of the Mentor Program (including a FAQ describing
how to volunteer to be a mentor) is available:

http://www.ietf.org/resources/mentoring-program.html.

 Anyone interested in being a mentor who has not previously signed up
should follow the sign-up instructions contained in the above URL. If you
have previously signed up as a mentor, you do not need to sign up and you
should have received an email requesting that you confirm whether you will
be available to mentor in London.

Please consider volunteering. The more volunteers we have, the stronger
the program will be!

Regards,
IETF Chair