Subject: Applied Networking Research Prize 2014 presentation s at IETF-89

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 11:40:28 +0000

Hi,

we are extremely pleased to report that for the 2014 award period
of the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP), 46 eligible
nominations were received. Each submission was reviewed by four
members of the selection committee according to a diverse set of
criteria, including scientific excellence and substance, timeliness,
relevance, and potential impact on the Internet.

Based on this review, six submissions were awarded an Applied
Networking Research Prize for 2014. The first two prize winners
will present their work at IETF-89 in London, UK. The ANRP awards
for IETF-89 go to:

*** Kenny Paterson *** for finding and documenting new attacks
against TLS and DTLS:

    N. J. Al Fardan and K. G. Paterson. Lucky Thirteen: Breaking
    the TLS and DTLS Record Protocols. Proc. IEEE Symposium on
    Security and Privacy, pp. 526-540, San Francisco, CA, USA,
    May 2013.

*** Keith Winstein *** for designing a transport protocol for
interactive applications that desire high throughput and low delay:

    Keith Winstein, Anirudh Sivaraman, and Hari Balakrishnan
    Stochastic Forecasts Achieve High Throughput and Low Delay
    over Cellular Networks. Proc. 10th USENIX Symposium on
    Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), Lombard,
    IL, USA, April 2013.

Kenny and Keith have been invited to present his findings in the IRTF
Open Meeting during IETF-89 in London, UK. Join them there!

The call for ANRP nominations for the 2015 awards cycle will open in the
fall of 2014. Read more about the ANRP at http://irtf.org/anrp.

Please subscribe to the IRTF-Announce mailing list in order to receive
future calls for ANRP nominations and join ISOC to stay informed of
other networking research initiatives:

http://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce
http://isoc.org/join

Regards,

Lars Eggert, IRTF Chair            http://irtf.org/anrp
Mat Ford, Internet Society         http://isoc.org/research

--

2014 ANRP Selection Committee

Mark Allman, ICIR
Marcelo Bagnulo, UC3M
Lou Berger, LabN
Olivier Bonaventure, UCL Louvain
Ross Callon, Juniper
KC Claffy, CAIDA
Lars Eggert, NetApp
Stephen Farrell, Trinity College Dublin
Olivier Festor, INRIA
Mat Ford, ISOC
Lisandro Granville, UFRGS
Volker Hilt, Bell Labs
Suresh Krishnan, Ericsson
Dan Massey, Colorado State
Al Morton, AT&T Laboratories
Jörg Ott, Aalto University
Colin Perkins, University of Glasgow
Stefano Previdi, Cisco
Jürgen Schönwälder, Jacobs University Bremen
Joe Touch, USC/ISI
Rolf Winter, Hochschule Augsburg
Yang Richard Yang, Yale
Lixia Zhang, UCLA