Subject: Comcast & NBCUniversal Make Long-Term Commitment to the IETF

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 09:35:25 -0700

The IAOC is pleased to announce that Comcast and NBCUniversal have executed 
Multi-year IETF Support Agreements.  

Comcast and NBCUniversal have agreed to jointly host three IETF meetings over a 
nine-year period, from 2014 - 20122.  

Comcast and NBCUniversal have a history of extensive support of the IETF going 
back to 2008 when Comcast hosted the IETF in Philadelphia at IETF 71.  

Additional support has included:

2010:

IETF 77 Anaheim – Comcast was a supporting sponsor

IETF 78 Maastricht - Comcast was a supporting sponsor

2011:

IETF 80 Prague - Comcast was a supporting sponsor

IETF 81 Quebec City - Comcast was a supporting sponsor

IETF 82 Taipei - Comcast was a supporting sponsor

2012:

IETF 83 Paris - NBCUniversal was a supporting sponsor

IETF 85 Atlanta – Comcast was a primary co-sponsor along with other 
organizations in the North American Cable industry, Comcast sponsored the fiber 
connectivity, and Comcast was a sponsor/participant in Bits-N-Bites

2013:

IETF 86 Orlando – Comcast and NBCUniversal jointly sponsored the meeting, 
NBCUniversal sponsored the Welcome Reception, and Comcast was a 
sponsor/participant in Bits-N-Bites

IETF 87 Berlin - Comcast was a sponsor/participant in Bits-N-Bites

IETF 88, Vancouver – Comcast, via a joint North American Cable Industry sponsorship, 
provided sponsorship support, and Comcast was a sponsor/participant in Bits-N-Bites

2014

IETF 89 London - Comcast sponsored the Welcome Reception

The IAOC welcomes this significant long-term commitment to the IETF’s future and 
the recognition that is behind this commitment - that the IETF develops standards 
that are important to the operation and evolution of the Internet for the benefit of 
billions of people around the world.

Thank you Comcast and NBCUniversal!  

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director