Subject: IETF Website Revamp SOW; Suggestion

From: Juliao Braga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:06:06 -0300

Dear Ray,

I would like to suggest the intensive use of RDFa [1], as much as
possible, coupled to HTML code of the new IETF Website (as a first
step). This will allow the semantic interpretation (by a program) of the
Website. Thus we will have the following additional features:

i. Improve integration between IETF people by the possibility of
implementing mechanisms as or similar to the FOAF (Friend Of A Friend), [2];
ii. Automatic interpretation (in near future) of what is happening in
the various WGs and how documents are evolving;
iii. Facilitate future incursions, also intensively, on change the
format of existing data repositories into semantic repositories;
iv. Promote the creation a repository of a common vocabulary (or terms)
to the IETF, [3], to be used (also) in addition to the protocols and
mechanisms that use standards formulated by the IETF. An example, often
used as a namespace in many applications, can be viewed at [4];
v. Many others...

In summary, the suggestion implements the ideas initially proposed by
Tim Berners-Lee, [5], and other related references.

References:

[1]. RDFa 1.1 Primer - Second Edition =>
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-rdfa-primer/

[2]. FOAF Vocabulary Specification 0.99 => http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/

[3]. Vocabularies (W3C) => http://www.w3.org/standards/semanticweb/ontology

[4]. Dublin Core Metadata Iniciative => http://dublincore.org/

[5]. Linked data - design issues =>
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html

[]s, Julião

---

From: Juliao Braga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:39:02 -0300

As supplementary information, Linked Data resources (ie, RDFa), does not
affect the Website design neither the tradicional / original HTML code.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 16:52:45 -0400

Ray,

Juliao's comments about RDFa, raises the question: are you talking about
"www.ietf.org" or "*.ietf.org" (meaning, including the datatracker).

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [