Subject: US Presidential Innovations Fellow Round 3 Launch

From: Geoff Mulligan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 15:33:41 -0700

Folks,
   Only a few folks were able to attend the briefing on SmartAmerica (my 
PIF project) and the launch of the Round 3 Presidential Innovations 
Fellow (PIF) program.

Here is a link to what the program is about if you weren't at the meeting.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/03/06/presidential-innovation-fellows-round-3-serve-create-innovate

If you have any questions, contact me.

Geoff

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 14:10:03 +0000

Hi Geoff,

I thought that this IETF list  is not for marketing projects which are out
of theIETF scope  (ietf89attendees  list may be ok). May be in future all
world government organisations start marketing their projects on this
important list.

 I will comment that some governments' leaders may agree on monitoring many
humans/machines in the Internet Community with no good reason and
no respect of privacy. Those governments's leaders then may need the
community to help in its monitoring without getting its own
community consensus. Therefore, IETF should not be part in marketing other
projects.

However, IMHO IETF welcomes all governments of the world to participate in
the IETF scope, IETF projects, and for the best of the internet community
benefit and the future of best practice of human privacy.

The above comment is only my opinion/understanding, and may be IETF does
allow marketing about external projects, but I did not agree on such
policy.

AB

On Friday, March 7, 2014, Geoff Mulligan wrote:

> PIF project) and the launch of the Round 3 Presidential Innovations Fellow
> (PIF) program.

If the program is private then it seems it is for its managers benefit. If
the program is open and its results is openly public then it is for
community benefit as well. IETF is not private but openly for
public. I understand that this session was about a government-program for
only USA participants to apply for.

> http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/03/06/presidential-
> innovation-fellows-round-3-serve-create-innovate
>