Subject: Russia, Ukraine and ITU

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 07:43:52 -0400

All those concerns that Russia and China would somehow manage to use the
ITU as a vehicle to take over the Internet now look so 2013.

Putin's influence is now strictly limited to where one of his hired thugs
has a gun pointed at someone.

-- 
Website: http://hallambaker.com/

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:02:03 +0000

Philip,

I cannot express how pleased I am you chose to share this with us all.

At least, not without the risk of spawning a lengthy thread on the precise
nature of ad hominem attacks.

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 08:14:49 -0400

It was meant to go to the governance discuss list. And I checked that was
in the To line before hitting send.

These autocompletes are a security hazard.

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:23:37 +0000

> in the To line before hitting send.
You appreciate that such a graceful admission quite spoils the fun I had in
crafting such a snarky reply?

> These autocompletes are a security hazard.
Very much so. It's amazing what you get in your inbox when you've a name
like "Dave".

I wonder if it's worth writing something on them, alongside potential
mitigations.

For corporate cases, implementing a security policy with labelling to
ensure internal information doesn't leak externally by accident would be a
good start, but for personal cases I really don't have much to offer.