Subject: IETF Website Revamp SOW Review Round Two

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 09:20:09 -0700

The IETF Website Revamp SOW has been modified in response to the input received from
the community during the comment period.  The IAOC would like the community’s feedback 
on this second draft of the SOW for redesigning the public-facing IETF website (www.ietf.org) 
before pursuing a Request for Proposals (RFP).

The current draft states that the website will be redesigned with these audiences and aims in mind:

a.	Active IETF Participants 
Individuals who are already actively participating in the IETF: 
The redesigned IETF website should be a more effective tool for "getting the work of the IETF 
done". 

b.	New or Potential IETF Participants 
Individuals who could participate in and contribute to the IETF: 
The revamped IETF website should help candidate participants become active contributors. 

c.	Non-participants looking to find out more about the IETF 
These individuals include policy makers, managers of current or potential IETF participants, and 
C-level executives from the organizations of IETF participants: The revamped website should 
provide members of this audience a better understanding of the IETF's role as the Internet's premier 
standards organization.

The website redesign project will collect information to provide a better understanding of how each 
of these audiences currently use the site, and how proposed changes will make the site more effective 
for all of them. Design decisions should prefer approaches that support IETF participants' work to 
produce excellent technical standards for the Internet.

The complete draft Statement of Work is available at:
<https://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/IETF-Website-SOW-02.pdf>

A Diff file reflecting the changes from the pervious version is available at:
<https://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/Diff-v2-v1-Website-Revamp-SOW.pdf>

The IAOC appreciates any input from the community and will consider all input received by 30 
May 2014.

All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary and may be used in the 
development of the SOW.  

Thanks for your continuing advice and support.

Ray Pelletier 
IETF Administrative Director