Subject: Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-rtgwg-mofrr-06

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:25:18 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

This review is in response to a request for early Gen-ART review.

Document: draft-ietf-rtgwg-mofrr-06
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2015-04-17
IETF LC End Date: 2015-04-30
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Almost Ready

Major Concerns:

None

Minor Concerns:

Please add POP to the list of terms in Section 1.2.

The introduction to Section 6 really only talks about Section 6.1.
Perhaps Sections 6 and 6.1 should be merged.  If they are merged, it
could look like this: 

   6.  MoFRR Applicability to Dual-Plane Topology

   MoFRR applicability is topology dependent.  The applicability is the
   same as LFA FRR which is discussed in [RFC6571].

   MoFRR works best in dual-planes topologies as illustrated in the
   figures below.  MoFRR may be enabled on any router in the network.
   In the figures below, MoFRR is shown enabled on the Provider Edge
   (PE) routers to illustrate one way in which the technology may be
   deployed.

   . . . 

If this suggestion is taken, Sections 6.2, 6.3, and 6.4 could become
top-level sections of their own.

Other Comments:

The figures are referenced in many ways: FIG3, Fig3, and Fig 3.
Please pick one style and use it throughout the document.

Section 1, 2nd paragraph: add a period at the end of the paragraph.

Section 1.2, LFA definition: add a period after the first sentence.

Section 4, intro paragraph: Delete "  See below;" from the end.

Section 5, 1st paragraph: s/section explore some/section explores some/