Subject: Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-tls-session-hash-04

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 13:15:15 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

This review is in response to a request for early Gen-ART review.

Document: draft-ietf-tls-session-hash-04
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2015-04-01
IETF LC End Date: 2015-04-13
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Ready

Major Concerns:

None

Minor Concerns:

The most recent RFC Editor style guide places normative and informative
references in top-level sections.  In this document, the normative
references should be Section 9, and the informative references should
be in a new Section 10.

Other Comments:

For absolute clarity, I suggest a small addition to Section 5.1.  It
says: "Thus, the entire encoding of the extension is 00 17 00 00."
I would add to the end of the sentence: "(in hexadecimal)".

Typo correction in Section 6.3: "sent by the server/".  Please replace
the slash with a period.