Subject: Re: Thoughts from IETF-92 correction

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 17:22:57 -0400

Small Correction E.164 voice in the US is about 140 Billion out of a total
telecom market of 580 Billion or so. That number is a decent guesstimate
based on all the major access platforms. Mobile, enterprise, cable and
traditional landline.

In addition regulatory data indicates that North Americian¹s yack away on
the phone more that any other region on Earth despite all the various
communications options available. Again that is clearly because we have
rational tariff structure unlike some areas <cough EU cough> that remain
nameless.

>
>Right. The any to any model of E.164 named realtime communications still
>works and works well and is still a great business. About 14 Billion in
>the US BTW. You buy a lot with E.164 including the Emergency Services
>networks 911 999 etc. I have had to listen to the naysayers in the IETF
>hallways whine endlessly ..phone numbers are stupid the PSTN is toast etc.
> <yawn>  Now its SIP sucks WEBRTC is the future .. <snore>
> 
>
>>