Subject: Extended deadline July 15 - CFP: IEEE Green Standardization and Industry Issues at Globecom 2015

From: Jinsong Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 19:26:18 +0000 (UTC)

CALL FOR PAPERS
IEEE International Workshop on Green Standardization and IndustryIssues for ICT and Relevant Technologies (GSICT)Organized in conjunction with IEEE Global Communications Conference(GLOBECOM 2015)
http://www.ieee-gsict.org/2015/ 
[Paper submission link]
https://www.edas.info/newPaper.php?c=20677
[Important Dates on US Time EDT]– Extended paper submission deadline: July 15, 2015– Paper Acceptance Notification: September 1, 2015– Camera Ready papers due: October 1, 2015
[Scope and Topics]
This workshop is to collect results and visions of standards,regulations, policies, industry issues and efforts on global greenrevolutions relevant to information and communication technologies(ICT) and other relevant issues, including both the impact of ICT onthe environments and the impact of environments on ICT. This workshopwill exchange views on issues of strategic importance such asenvironmental protections, resource efficiency, climate changes, andenergy efficiency, and how ICT can help boost the transition to anenvironmentally-friendly economy. Environmental sustainability for theICT sector has impacted and will continue impacting the industry’sreaction to the outcomes of the United Nations Conference onSustainable Development (Rio+20). The current world would not survivewithout information and communication technologies, whose widespreaduse has changed people’s lives dramatically and boosted economicgrowth. However, the very success of these technologies has made thema growing contributor to various environmental impacts. At the sametime, they may offer ways of reducing negative environmental impactsin other industries such as water resource management, air pollutionreduction, energy generation, building and transport. This workshopmay also provide guidance on green ICT procurement, detailing greenprinciples to be applied when procuring goods, products and services.Another issue considered in this workshop is greening ICT supplychains relating to conflict minerals, and the way the ICT industry ismanaging its supply chain in that context. This workshop may alsoinvestigate the overall sustainability of lifestyle choices, a numberof companies may have responded by providing consumers withinformation on the eco-impact of the products they buy and use.
The IEEE International Workshop on Green Standardization and IndustryIssues for ICT and Relevant Technologies (GSICT) would be initiated asa forum for scientists, engineers, standardization professionals,policy makers, researchers, practitioners, and students to presenttheir latest research results, visions, ideas, developments, surveysin green standardization and industry issues in ICT and relevanttechnologies that can support existing and future developments andefforts and promote global green revolutions.
Researchers and professionals are encouraged to submit originalrelevant contributions in all major areas, which include, but notlimited to:
– Green standardizations for systems, devices, interfaces, adapters– Green algorithms, protocols, approaches, solutions for anyindustrial ICT standards and relevant systems– Green issues, activities, efforts, approaches, and applications in industries– Visions, ideas, roadmaps, and solutions on green standardization andindustry issues for ICT and relevant technologies– Test suites for assessment of green standardizations and solutions– Green battery solutions– Green standardization and industry issues for computing andinformation technologies– Green standardization and industry issues for electronics– Green standardization and industry issues for Internet of things– Green standardization and industry issues for smart grids– Green standardization and industry issues for communications and networking– Procedure for recycling materials in information and communicationtechnology goods– Measurement methods to characterize rare metals in information andcommunication technology goods– Best practices for green data centers and cloud computing– Energy and resource efficiency metrics and measurement– Standardizations for green offices and buildings– Overview and general principles of methodologies for assessing theenvironmental impact of information and communication technologies– Methodology for environmental life cycle assessment– Methodology for energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissionsimpact assessment of information and communication technologies inorganizations– Framework for information and communication technologies andadaptation to the effects of climate change– Life-cycle management of ICT goods– Surveys on any topics of green standardization and industry issues
[Submission Procedure]
Submitted papers must represent original material which is notcurrently under review in any other conference or journal and has notbeen previously published. Paper length should not exceed 7-pages (6pages without extra page charge) standard IEEE conference two-columnformat (including all text, figures, and references). Please see theAuthor Information page for submission guidelines in the IEEE GLOBECOM2015 web site http://globecom2015.ieee-globecom.org/. All submittedpapers will go through a peer review process. All accepted andpresented papers will be included in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2015proceedings and IEEE digital library. IEEE reserves the right toexclude an accepted and registered but not presented paper from theIEEE digital library.

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 22:09:39 +0200

As indicated a few days ago, posting CfP to this exploder unless
explicitly authorized is against the AUP.

As a consequence, by means of this email, in my role of sergeant-at-arms,
I¹m instructing the Secretariat, to restrict posting rights to any email
accounts related to Jinsong Wu, which was warned about avoiding  this kind
of posting.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: ietf <[email-masked]> on behalf of Jinsong Wu
<[email-masked]>
Responder a: Jinsong Wu <[email-masked]>
Fecha: jueves, 2 de julio de 2015, 21:26
Para: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Asunto: Extended deadline July 15 - CFP: IEEE Green Standardization and
Industry Issues at Globecom 2015

>CALL FOR PAPERS
>
>IEEE International Workshop on Green Standardization and Industry
>Issues for ICT and Relevant Technologies (GSICT)
>Organized in conjunction with IEEE Global Communications Conference
>(GLOBECOM 2015)
>
>[Important Dates on US Time EDT]
> Extended paper submission deadline: July 15, 2015
> Paper Acceptance Notification: September 1, 2015
> Camera Ready papers due: October 1, 2015
>
>[Scope and Topics]
>
>This workshop is to collect results and visions of standards,
>regulations, policies, industry issues and efforts on global green
>revolutions relevant to information and communication technologies
>(ICT) and other relevant issues, including both the impact of ICT on
>the environments and the impact of environments on ICT. This workshop
>will exchange views on issues of strategic importance such as
>environmental protections, resource efficiency, climate changes, and
>energy efficiency, and how ICT can help boost the transition to an
>environmentally-friendly economy. Environmental sustainability for the
>ICT sector has impacted and will continue impacting the industry¹s
>reaction to the outcomes of the United Nations Conference on
>Sustainable Development (Rio+20). The current world would not survive
>without information and communication technologies, whose widespread
>use has changed people¹s lives dramatically and boosted economic
>growth. However, the very success of these technologies has made them
>a growing contributor to various environmental impacts. At the same
>time, they may offer ways of reducing negative environmental impacts
>in other industries such as water resource management, air pollution
>reduction, energy generation, building and transport. This workshop
>may also provide guidance on green ICT procurement, detailing green
>principles to be applied when procuring goods, products and services.
>Another issue considered in this workshop is greening ICT supply
>chains relating to conflict minerals, and the way the ICT industry is
>managing its supply chain in that context. This workshop may also
>investigate the overall sustainability of lifestyle choices, a number
>of companies may have responded by providing consumers with
>information on the eco-impact of the products they buy and use.
>
>The IEEE International Workshop on Green Standardization and Industry
>Issues for ICT and Relevant Technologies (GSICT) would be initiated as
>a forum for scientists, engineers, standardization professionals,
>policy makers, researchers, practitioners, and students to present
>their latest research results, visions, ideas, developments, surveys
>in green standardization and industry issues in ICT and relevant
>technologies that can support existing and future developments and
>efforts and promote global green revolutions.
>
>Researchers and professionals are encouraged to submit original
>relevant contributions in all major areas, which include, but not
>limited to:
>
> Green standardizations for systems, devices, interfaces, adapters
> Green algorithms, protocols, approaches, solutions for any
>industrial ICT standards and relevant systems
> Green issues, activities, efforts, approaches, and applications in
>industries
> Visions, ideas, roadmaps, and solutions on green standardization and
>industry issues for ICT and relevant technologies
> Test suites for assessment of green standardizations and solutions
> Green battery solutions
> Green standardization and industry issues for computing and
>information technologies
> Green standardization and industry issues for electronics
> Green standardization and industry issues for Internet of things
> Green standardization and industry issues for smart grids
> Green standardization and industry issues for communications and
>networking
> Procedure for recycling materials in information and communication
>technology goods
> Measurement methods to characterize rare metals in information and
>communication technology goods
> Best practices for green data centers and cloud computing
> Energy and resource efficiency metrics and measurement
> Standardizations for green offices and buildings
> Overview and general principles of methodologies for assessing the
>environmental impact of information and communication technologies
> Methodology for environmental life cycle assessment
> Methodology for energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
>impact assessment of information and communication technologies in
>organizations
> Framework for information and communication technologies and
>adaptation to the effects of climate change
> Life-cycle management of ICT goods
> Surveys on any topics of green standardization and industry issues
>
>[Submission Procedure]
>
>Submitted papers must represent original material which is not
>currently under review in any other conference or journal and has not
>been previously published. Paper length should not exceed 7-pages (6
>pages without extra page charge) standard IEEE conference two-column
>format (including all text, figures, and references). Please see the
>Author Information page for submission guidelines in the IEEE GLOBECOM
>2015 web site http://globecom2015.ieee-globecom.org/. All submitted
>papers will go through a peer review process. All accepted and
>presented papers will be included in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2015
>proceedings and IEEE digital library. IEEE reserves the right to
>exclude an accepted and registered but not presented paper from the
>IEEE digital library.

---

From: Jinsong Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 16:41:48 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Jordi,

This post is with1. an updated deadline, which is different from that of the previous post2. an changed workshop name, which is different from that of the previous post3. an updated and extended scope,  which are quite different from those of the previous post
Could you be careful when you implement any relevant policies?
Regards,Jinsong Wu
      From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
 To: [email-masked] 
Cc: Jinsong Wu <[email-masked]>; "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> 
 Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2015 5:09 PM
 Subject: Re: Extended deadline July 15 - CFP: IEEE Green Standardization and Industry Issues at Globecom 2015

Regards,
Jordi

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 21:31:02 +0200

Dear Jinsong,

Are you aware of the RFC 3005 ? Have you ever read it ?

Any participant to this list MUST be aware of it.

Even if you haven’t, there is no excuse. I’m not sure if my translation
from a native Spanish sentence is correct enough for your understanding,
anyway, I must say: “ignorance of the law is not an excuse for its
compliance”.

Moreover, you have been kindly warned in advance. You had an opportunity
to ask if you were not sure with the first warning, you just didn’t
reacted at all.

I’m sorry to be so strict, but again, there is no excuse, and please,
understand that I’m acting as sergeant-at-arms, nothing personal.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: ietf <[email-masked]> on behalf of Jinsong Wu
<[email-masked]>
Responder a: Jinsong Wu <[email-masked]>
Fecha: martes, 7 de julio de 2015, 18:41
Para: Jordi Palet Martinez <[email-masked]>,
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
CC: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Asunto: Re: Extended deadline July 15 - CFP: IEEE Green Standardization
and Industry Issues at Globecom 2015

>Dear Jordi,
>
>
>This post is with
>1. an updated deadline, which is different from that of the previous post
>2. an changed workshop name, which is different from that of the previous
>post
>3. an updated and extended scope,  which are quite different from those
>of the previous post
>
>Jinsong Wu
>     ________________________________________
>>2015 web site http://globecom2015.ieee-globecom.org/.
>><http://globecom2015.ieee-globecom.org/>All submitted