Subject: Soliciting questions, feedback, comments, and so on

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 15:44:14 +0200

Dear colleagues,

Those of you who were at the IAB technical plenary this morning will
recall that we were running short on time, and that I asked whether
anybody had something to ask the IAB before deciding whether to
proceed with the CARIS report.  All of us on the IAB take very
seriously our responsibility to be accountable to the community, and
it made me quite uncomfortable to have to make this choice; but since
nobody indicated they had any question or remark, it didn't seem that
there was a desire for an open mic.

Nevertheless, if you have a concern, question, or issue and want to
raise it, I hereby invite you to do so.  Some IAB members will be
certain to respond, and if we cannot address the concerns on the list
we'll find some way to do it in some face to face way this week.  If
we can't manage to do that in public also, we'll report back on these
lists when we're done.

Best regards,

Andrew

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: t.p. <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 09:02:58 +0100

Andrew

You have addressed your e-mail to the IETF at large so I assume that
this is a matter for the IETF at large and not just the subset in
Prague.

I was hoping to see a response of 'what is CARIS?' but no so I must ask
myself.

What is CARIS?

I do track all I-Ds with a name of draft*iab* and I cannot coerce any of
them into CARIS so I am stumped.

Tom Petch

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 10:11:20 +0200

> them into CARIS so I am stumped.

https://www.iab.org/activities/workshops/caris/

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 04:17:17 -0400

Hi Tom,

The Coordinating Attack Response at Internet Scale (CARIS) event was an
IAB/ISOC workshop held on June 19th in Berlin.  There was a formal call for
submissions posted to the usual lists and a posting on the IAB web page.
All published papers are lined from the Agenda as well if you are
interested in reading them.
https://www.iab.org/activities/workshops/caris/

I did write a blog about the workshop (before and after - ISOC did as well)
and we will get a report out soon, but that has not happened yet.
https://www.ietf.org/blog/2015/03/coordinating-incident-response-at-internet-scale-caris/
https://www.ietf.org/blog/2015/06/caris-workshop-summary-and-reflection/

Slides and a summary presentation can be found with the plenary meeting
materials from yesterday.  The program committee members and I are happy to
assist with any questions and have involvement with follow up action items
as well.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/93/agenda.html (follow link for
meeting materials).

Thank you,
Kathleen

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 10:38:28 +0200

> I was hoping to see a response of 'what is CARIS?' but no so I must ask

It's a workshop.  https://www.iab.org/activities/workshops/caris/

> them into CARIS so I am stumped.

There will be such a document soon, because the workshop report will
show up soon.

Best regards,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]