Subject: Meetecho overtime?

From: Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 19:59:19 +0200

Dear IETF community, Meetecho team,

Please apology if the problem is solved, but I have been confronted two 
times today with WG sessions finishing beyond the schedule with 
important decision points at the end.

I am participating remotely. The issue is that the Meetecho stream 
closes few minutes after the scheduled session end time.

As a proposal (if no other solution is already in place), I would 
suggest that the WG chairs / Meetecho operator could "extend" the 
Meetecho session by 5-minutes time slots on a per need basis to cover 
for the overtime.

Thanks.

-- 

Bien cordialement, Best regards,

*Laurent Ciavaglia*

Secure Cloud Networking

Bell Labs | Alcatel Lucent

phone: +33 160 402 636

email: [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>

linkedin: laurentciavaglia <http://fr.linkedin.com/in/laurentciavaglia/>

address: Route de Villejust | 91620 Nozay | France

---

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 20:14:52 +0200

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 19:59:19 +0200
Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Please apology if the problem is solved, but I have been confronted
> two times today with WG sessions finishing beyond the schedule with 

Hi Laurent,

what we close is just the access, that is new participants can't join
after the end time triggers. We don't interrupt ongoing sessions for
participants that are still in, though, and we don't hangup the media
streams unless the overtime reaches 10 minutes. In that case, we do
have to interrupt the session, as preparations for the following
meeting need to be made and cannot unfortunately be delayed.

Lorenzo

-- 
Lorenzo Miniero, Ph.D.

Chairman, Meetecho S.r.l.
www.meetecho.com

---

From: Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 11:29:11 +0200

Dear Lorenzo,

Thanks for the feedback (and indeed the stream remains active for some 
minutes).
I hope these situations (overtime) will stay exceptional cases.

Best regards, Laurent.

-- 

*Laurent Ciavaglia*

Secure Cloud Networking

phone: +33 160 402 636

---

From: Nicolás <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:16:30 -0300

We had the same issue in our Remote Hub for 6lo.
Also, in the regops important meeting out of the agenda, the problem was 
the same: around the expected end time of the meeting, the session was 
automatically closed for us.

Best regards, Nicolas.

El 23/07/15 a las 06:29, Laurent Ciavaglia escibió:
>> Laurent Ciavaglia<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>>

---

From: Meetecho IETF support <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 15:49:09 +0200

As we already stated several times, Meetecho sessions do not close at 
the expected end time, unless they go overtime for more than 10 minutes 
and there is another WG meeting starting right after.

The issue experienced during the 6LO session (which is common to all WG 
meetings held during Thursday's afternoon slot) was due to a major 
network outage at the IETF meeting venue, as reported here:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/93attendees/T8eK5uXhDIdmTkMn2kweaWEz5NQ

As to "the regops important meeting", we didn't support any meeting out 
of the agenda, except for the QUIC BAR BOF on Weds night.

Regards,
the Meetecho team