Subject: Organ events at IETF 94 FAQ

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 13:41:23 -0800 (PST)

Organ Events on November 4, 2015 FAQs
-------------------------------------

Q: When is it?  There are two different events. One at 12 Noon and 
another at 1900. (Doors open 1130 and 1830 respectively).

Q: What is it?  At noon there is a concert by Rodney Gehrke and in the 
evening he is joined by Kaori Goto, Mineko Kojima and Naki Sung 
Kripfgans for a second concert and organ demonstration.

Q: What music will be played?
See: http://www.yokohama-organdemo.org/#!lunchtime-program/c66t
And: http://www.yokohama-organdemo.org/#!evening-program/l6yml

Q: "Organ demonstration" what is that? It's a quick introduction to 
one of the most technically advanced musical instruments known to man. 
You will get to take a peek inside as well as look at several models 
and the parts that make up such an instrument. You will love it 
especially if you are an engineer.

Q: Where is it?  Yokohama Minato Mirai Hall is located just across the 
bridge into the Queen's Mall shopping Center that I am sure you have 
already explored. The hall is the firs building attached to the 
shopping center on your right as you enter the mall. Go to ground 
level and enter through the mall entrance or the main doors on the 
street side.

Q: Do I have to register?  No.

Q: Do I have to buy a ticket? No, it is free and open to the public.

Q: Should I wear my IETF badge? You can, but it's not required for 
entry.

Q: Can I take pictures? Yes but NOT during the concert when someone is 
actually playing, and you should not use flash. During the 
demonstration there will be many fun things to photograph and an 
opportunity to do so.

Q: How many people can you seat? Currently 1,044 if we exceed that 
number we have to pay more, but we'd love to have such a problem :-) 
The concert hall can hold a total of 2,020 people.

Q: When is it again? 12 noon on Wednesday, November 4th, and then 
after the plenary at 1900.

Q: I can't make it, will you record any of it. Yes. Audio will be 
recorded in various formats. Check our website for updates about that: 
http://www.yokohama-organdemo.org/

Q: I have more questions, who do I ask?  [email-masked]
You should also check the website which has MUCH more detailed 
information.

See you wednesday!

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal
Cell:    +1 415-370-4628
Japan Cell [docomo]: (090) 3337-9311
http://www.yokohama-organdemo.org/

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 08:31:46 +0900

Q: can I play organ on my PC to get a feel of what it sounds like?

Alex

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 00:43:37 +0000

> Q: can I play organ on my PC to get a feel of what it sounds like?

There is a program called Hauptwerk that you might like, but you need a keyboard.