Subject: RSYNC down ? rsync.tools.ietf.org

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 13:28:22 -0700

IETF rsync failing from Houston TX  and Portland OR.
  (http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/tools/trac/wiki/DataSources)

rsync -avz --progress rsync.tools.ietf.org::
 rsync: failed to connect to rsync.tools.ietf.org (64.170.98.42): Csed (111)
 rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(128) []

-- 

Doug Royer - (http://K7DMR.us / http://DougRoyer.US)
[email-masked]
714-989-6135

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 14:57:13 -0600

Hi Doug -

Thanks for pointing that out - I've called Henrik's attention to it.

Also note that we are serving several things from rsync.ietf.org as well:

$ rsync rsync.ietf.org::
charter            - Repository of WG Charters
concluded-wg-ietf-mail-archive    - Older list text archives
conflict-reviews    - Repository of Conflict Review documents
everything-ftp     - The entire IETF FTP Archive
iana               - IANA assignments
iana-timezone      - IANA Time Zone Datatbase (see also 
http://www.iana.org/time-zones)
id-archive         - The Internet Draft Archive (both active and expired 
drafts)
iesg-minutes       - IESG Minutes
internet-drafts    - The Internet Draft Repository (currently active drafts)
legacy-files       - Legacy material supporting long-lived URLs
mailman-archive    - Repository of Mailing List Text Archives
proceedings        - Repository of Proceedings
rfc                - Repository of RFCs
slides             - Repository of Slide Documents
status-changes     - Repository of Status Change Documents

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 21:58:30 +0100

Hi Doug,

I've restarted the daemon, should work again now.

Sorry for the bother, and thanks for the alert!

Best regards,

	Henrik