Subject: LACNIC to Co-Host IETF 95 in Buenos Aires

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 13:11:43 -0800

The IAOC is pleased to announce that LACNIC will be a Co-Host for
IETF 95 in Buenos Aires. Carlos Martinez, Chief Technology Officer
at LACNIC, announced LACNIC's participation during the Plenary at
IETF 94 in Yokohama. The first IETF meeting to be held in Latin
America and the Caribbean will take place on April 3 - 8, 2016 at the
Hotel Hilton Buenos Aires.

In the words of Martinez, "We at LACNIC believe the IETF's work is
essential for maintaining a secure, stable, open and continuously
growing Internet. The Buenos Aires meeting is the result of the work
carried out with other regional organizations and recognizes the
region's growing importance in technological innovation and the
Internet.”

It is also worth noting that in 2016 the IETF will be celebrating 30
years of standards development “to make the Internet work better.”

Ray
IETF Administrative Director

2016

IETF 95	Buenos Aires	April 3 - 8
IETF 96	Berlin		July 17 - 22
IETF 97	Seoul		November 13 - 18