Subject: Fwd: SecureSessionV1Server

From: Robert Withers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 23:21:09 -0400

Please find a squeak implementation of the frame design I published here 
some months ago.

Robert

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	SecureSessionV1Server
Date: 	Sat, 9 Apr 2016 22:55:51 -0400
From: 	Robert Withers <[email-masked]>
To: 	The general-purpose Squeak developers list 
<[email-masked]>, Pharo Development List 
<[email-masked]>, Cryptography Mailing List 
<[email-masked]>

Over the course of several months, I've been working on the
implementation of SecureSessionV1 to adopt new protocol and message
frame definitions. As to the original connection protocol and frames, I
preserved it as a backwards compatible Vintage implementation. This
change simplified a fair bit of code and will allow for some further
modifications.

I apologize for my habit in using the code and unit tests to document
the system, an old habit to try for a self-describing domain language of
secure sessions. Please look in SecureSession-Tests for examples in
using both the Vintage and V1 protocols. The key classes for the Vintage
version remain SecureSessionServer and SecureSessionTerminal, while the
V1 version use SecureSessionV1Server and SecureSessionV1Terminal.

Here are some helpful links..

The V1 Frame Design is http://jmp.sh/1Uo0dr7, though I should note there
are changes to the DataHeader, which holds the mac and the plaintextLength.

The code is found in http://www.squeaksource.com/Cryptography and the
SecureSession package requires the Cryptography package and for a
notable speed improvements the Cryptography plugins build for your VM.

- Robert