Subject: Nominations sought: Jonathan B. Postel Service Award 2016

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 11:36:29 -0700

Greetings on behalf of the Internet Society,

We are pleased to announce that candidate nominations for the 2016
Jonathan B. Postel Service Award are now open.

This prestigious annual award is presented to an individual or
organization that has made outstanding contributions in service to
the data communications community.

The signature crystal globe and a USD 20,000 prize will be presented
at the 96th Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) meeting in
Berlin, Germany (17 -22 July 2016) to the chosen candidate.

Nominations are encouraged for individuals or teams of individuals
from across the data communications industry around the world,
either by self-nomination or by third party.

Please submit your nominations using this web form and do not
hesitate to share this information with your networks:
https://www.internetsociety.org/form/postel-nominations

The deadline for nominations is 1700 UTC, 18 May 2016.

***

More About the Award ===========

The Jonathan B. Postel Service Award was established by the Internet
Society to honor a person who has made outstanding contributions in
service to the data communications community.

The award is focused on sustained and substantial technical
contributions, service to the community, and leadership. With
respect to leadership, the award committee places particular
emphasis on candidates who have supported and enabled others in
addition to their own specific actions.

The award is named for Dr. Jonathan B. Postel to recognize and
commemorate the extraordinary stewardship exercised by Jon Postel
over the course of a thirty-year career in networking.

Jon Postel served as the editor of the RFC series of notes from its
inception in 1969 until 1998. He also served as the ARPANET “numbers
Czar” and Internet Assigned Numbers Authority over the same period
of time. He was a founding member of the Internet Architecture (nee
Activities) Board and the first individual member of the Internet
Society, which he also served as a Trustee.

Find out more ===========

Find the out more on the award, nomination procedures, and online
submission forms. https://www.internetsociety.org/postel

Learn more about Jon Postel’s life and contributions.
https://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/
postel-service-award/ten-year-tribute-jon-postel

I'm ready to nominate someone!
https://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/
postel-service-award/procedures

For any questions please contact [email-masked]

Best Regards,

The Internet Society Team