Subject: An update on IETF 100 planning

From: "Leslie Daigle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 11:02:09 -0400

At Wednesday’s plenary meeting, we were pleased to announce that 
contracts are finalized and the IETF 100 meeting is set to take place in 
Singapore.

As a first comment from the floor, an issue was identified:   Singapore 
has laws that discriminate against LGBTQ people, which were raised as a 
concern by some members of our community.

The IAOC and its Meetings Committee were unaware of these laws when the 
meeting location was selected.

At this point, there are 2 separate issues to be addressed:  1/ 
reviewing the current committed plan for IETF 100  and 2/ reviewing our 
meeting planning procedures to ensure that we have input at appropriate 
points to ensure issues are identified and addressed before contracts 
are signed and announcements made.

Dealing with IETF 100 is the first order of business.  The IAOC is 
gathering information about the situation — including the full cost of 
canceling existing contracts, so that the IETF community can have a 
fuller picture from which to provide guidance for our next steps.

More as we have it.

Leslie.
IAOC Chair.

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie Daigle
Principal, ThinkingCat Enterprises LLC
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------