Subject: Grants for Cybersecurity in Africa, LAC and AP regions

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 15:35:32 -0300

Hello all,

I'm channeling my colleagues from APNIC, AfriNIC and LACNIC helping them
share some funding opportunities for projects involving IPv6 and
cybersecurity (RPKI included!)

----

This year the Seed Alliance <www.seedalliance.net> and its regional
members, FIRE, FRIDA and ISIF Asia will support technical projects
seeking to improve Internet security and stability in Africa, Latin
America and the Caribbean as well as the Asia Pacific region to allocate
US$150,000 in grants.Those interested in obtaining these grants must
submit their projects to the call for proposals launched by each
regional program.

1) Africa – Deadline: 31 May 2016. Two grants of US$25,000 each for
project that focus on Internet Security and Collaborative Security, and
established projects that focus on improving access to Internet.
For more information contact FIRE coordinator Mwendwa Kivuva at
[email-masked]
The FIRE program is managed by AFRINIC. Details about how to apply
available at http://www.fireafrica.org

2) Latin America - Deadline: 13 May, 2016. Two grants on Cybersecurity
between USD 20,000 and USD 30,000. Additional funding is also available
for one grant on IPv6 Deployment in the LAC region for US$20,000.
For more information contact FRIDA Coordinator Carolina Caeiro at
[email-masked].
The FRIDA Program is managed by LACNIC. Details about how to apply
available at http://www.programafrida.net

3) Asia Pacific – Deadline: 31 May 2016. 1 grant on Cybersecurity for
AUD 56,000. Additional funding is also available for technical projects:
AUD 92,000 to support Research on Network Operations for grants from AUD
5,000 to AUD 45,000 and 2 grants on Technical Innovation, one for AUD
30,000 for prototypes and proof of concept development support and a AUD
50,000 grant for scale-up of existing solutions.
For more information contact ISIF Asia Coordinator Sylvia Cadena at
[email-masked]
The ISIF Asia program is managed by APNIC. Details about how to apply
available at http://www.isif.asia/grant