Subject: IETF meeting scribe...

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 20:18:28 +0000

I wonder how well this would do at catching people’s names at the mic?

http://blogs.microsoft.com/next/2016/10/18/historic-achievement-microsoft-researchers-reach-human-parity-conversational-speech-recognition/

Tim

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 16:34:01 -0400

hum, sounds like an IETF hackathon opportunity...

;-)

---

From: John Leslie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 21:20:58 -0400

>> I wonder how well this would do at catching people???s names at the mic? 
>>

> hum, sounds like an IETF hackathon opportunity...

   Worth a try...

   Sounds like it would need to be fed "word" entries for the names of
likely speakers: perhaps a registered attendee list would suffice...

--
John Leslie <[email-masked]>

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 22:10:14 -0500

"AD impersonating a nerd ahead" warning goes here ...

> likely speakers: perhaps a registered attendee list would suffice...

And because much of the attendee list for any given IETF meeting will
likely overlap the attendee lists for the previous few IETFs (taken as a
group), I'd expect that the input list would become more complete over time.

I was a scribe for the IESG and for various working groups for several
years, and I would have loved help with this!

Spencer