Subject: And so it begins? SPF failure on self

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 00:42:15 -0400 (EDT)

Using my redhat.com address, I replied to a draft alias email address
that includes myself, and the ietf mail server rejected the message
to me (or at least I hope the others still got it)

Is this a new ietf.org mail "feature" or did something on my redhat.com
end change?

Is there a way to make the email processing server at ietf.org a little
smarter to not check SPF for outgoing mails that were expanded by
itself?

Paul

---

From: George Michaelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 14:45:36 +1000

Maybe, since we all have admission-test tokens for our subscriptions,
we could be allowed to whitelist things we know we live behind? I
think any spammer motivated enough to subscribe to an IETF list *and*
drive the whitelist engine, deserves our attention..

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 00:06:09 -0700

Hi Paul,

For information about the facilitators experiment, please see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg97290.html

>Is this a new ietf.org mail "feature" or did something on my redhat.com

I suggest opening a ticket about the above by sending a message to 
[email-masked]

Regards,
S. Moonesamy