Subject: Gen-ART LC review of draft-leiba-3967upd-downref-00

From: Peter Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 14:15:44 -0700

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft.  The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just like any other
last call comment.  For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>

Document: draft-leiba-3967upd-downref-00
Reviewer: Peter Yee
Review Date: November 10, 2016
IETF LC End Date: November 15, 2016
IESG Telechat date: TBD

Summary: This draft is basically ready for publication as a Best Current
Practice, but has a nit that should be fixed before publication. [Ready
with nits]

The draft lessens the absolute requirement to provide downref indications
in IETF Last Calls and provides the IESG with flexibility in the handling
of repeated last calls in the face of newly noted downrefs in Standards
Track and BCP drafts.  Continued usage of the existing downref
requirements can still be done at the IESG’s discretion.

Comment:

I’m aware of the update you’ve made to your working draft based on Brian
Carpenter’s input and agree with how it has been incorporated.

Nit:

Page 2, Section 2, 2nd paragraph, 1st sentence: change “case by case” to
“case-by-case”.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:40:15 +0900

Hi, Peter, and thanks for the review.

> Page 2, Section 2, 2nd paragraph, 1st sentence: change “case by case” to

I'm embarrassed by that, because I'm usually careful about it.  I
think I must have done some rephrasing (from "do it case by case" to
"do it on a case-by-case basis"), and neglected to add the hyphens.
They're now in my working version.

Barry