Subject: IETF 97 - Early Bird Cutoff Friday, November 4th

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 11:12:53 -0700

IETF 97
Seoul, South Korea
November 13-18, 2016
Host: Huawei
Co-Hosts: CNNIC and KISA

IETF 97 Information: http://ietf.org/meeting/97/index.html
Register online at: http://ietf.org/meeting/register.html

1.  Registration - EARLY BIRD DEADLINE 2016-11-04
2.  Code Sprint
3.  Hackathon
4.  Thursday Tech Talk Speaker Series
5.  IETF 97 Meeting Wiki

1. Registration:
	A. Early-Bird Registration: USD 700.00, if paid in full prior to
	23:59 UTC 4 November 2016
	B. After Early-Bird cutoff: USD 875.00
	C. Full-time Student Registrations: USD 150.00 (with proper ID)
	D. One Day Pass Registration: USD 375.00
	E. Registration Cancellation   
	Cutoff for registration cancellation is Monday, 7 November 2016 at UTC 23:59. 
	Cancellations are subject to a 10% (ten percent) cancellation fee if requested by 
	that date and time.
	F. Online Registration and Payment ends Friday, 11 November,
	2016, 17:00 local Seoul time
	G. On-site Registration begins on Sunday, 13 November 2016 at 10:00 local Seoul time.

2. Code Sprint:
	
	The IETF 97 Code Sprint in Seoul will, as
	always, let you work on fixing those things about the datatracker
	which you most urgently desire to do something about.

	When: Saturday, November 12 from 09:30 to 18:00 
	Where: Conrad Seoul, Park Studio
	Information: https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF97Sprint
	Sign-Up: https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF97SprintSignUp 
	Mailing List: ​https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codesprints

	For information on setting up your environment, code
	checkout and commit, etc., see:
	http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/SprintCoderSetup

	The Sprint will be run according to the IETFSprintHowto:
	http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETFSprintHowto

3. Hackathon
	
	The IETF is holding a Hackathon at IETF 97 to encourage
      developers to discuss, collaborate and develop utilities, ideas,
      sample code and solutions that show practical implementations of
      IETF standards.

	When: Saturday November 12 and Sunday November 13
	Where: Conrad Seoul, Park Ballroom 1 and 2
	Sponsored By: Huawei 
	Signup for the Hackathon: https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf97/hackathonregistration.py 
	More information can be found here: http://ietf.org/hackathon/97-hackathon.html 
	Keep up to date by subscribing to: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon

	The Hackathon is free to attend and open to all. Extend
	the invitation to colleagues outside the IETF!

	Descriptions and information regarding the technologies
	for the hackathon are located on the IETF 97 Meeting Wiki:
	https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/97hackathon

	Don’t see anything that interests you? Feel free to add
	your preferred technology to the list, sign up as its
	Champion and show up to work on it. Note: you must login to
	the wiki to add content. If you do add a new technology, we
	strongly suggest that you send an email to [email-masked]
	to let others know. You may generate interest in your
	technology, and find other people who want to contribute to
	it.

	To request a wiki account, please click on the “login”
	button on the bottom right corner of the page, and choose
	“register.” If you need a new password please click on the
	“login” button on the bottom right corner of the page and
	choose “Send new password.”
	
4. Thursday Tech Talk Speaker Series
	Date: Thursday, November 17th
	Time: 12:30 - 13:15
	Room: Grand Ballroom 2
	(Note: Lunch not provided)

	Speaker: Andrew G. Malis, Huawei Distinguished Engineer

	Topic: QUasi Assured Network Transport (QUANT)

	Topic Description: 
	With more and more fixed and mobile services requiring
	ultra low latency and/or assured bandwidth, such as
	Vehicles-To-Vehicles, interactive 4/8K video, and augmented
	and virtual reality, a number of Standards Development
	Organizations have already started related initiatives.
	Examples of these include Flex Ethernet (OIF), Time Sensitive
	Networking (IEEE802.1TSN), DetNet (IETF), Broadband Assured
	Services (BBF), and so on, which are mostly
	link/port/node-based technologies and can be used to build
	local or campus-scale and special-purposed networks. The
	burning question is if it is feasible to provide low latency
	and/or assured bandwidth end-to-end services over wide area
	packet networks, including the Internet, with mixed traffic
	and technologies. What are the contributing factors that
	cause latency across packet networks? What can we learn from
	how low-latency services are provided across specific
	technologies?

	This talk will take a look at the current state of the art,
	introduce the use cases, and sow the seeds for some ideas about
	how to optimize WAN latency.

5. IETF 97 Meeting Wiki

	The IETF 97 meeting wiki (Your Wiki) has been created to 
	exchange information regarding IETF 97.

	Your IETF 97 (Seoul) wiki can be found here:
	http://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietf97 and
	is also accessible from the Seoul meeting page
	(http://www.ietf.org/meeting/97/index.html) on the IETF
	website.

	To create an account, click ‘Login’ at the bottom of the
	wiki and then ‘Register’. If you have forgotten your
	password, you may reset it with the "Send new password" link.

---

From: Shibendu Debbarma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 07:00:34 +0530

Hi ietf,

I missed the IETF early bird cutoff. I will pay registration fee on spot.
Can i pay the registration fee mix of USD cash and some amount through my
credit card. Or may be by Korean curreny.

Thank you

Regards
Shibendu Debbarma
India

On 3 Nov 2016 23:44, "IETF Secretariat" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>         Signup for the Hackathon: https://www.ietf.org/
> registration/ietf97/hackathonregistration.py
> _______________________________________________
> 97all mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/97all
>