Subject: Review of draft-elie-nntp-tls-recommendations-03

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 08:24:04 -0800

Reviewer: Jouni Korhonen
Review result: Ready

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-elie-nntp-tls-recommendations-??
Reviewer: Jouni Korhonen
Review Date: 2017-01-04
IETF LC End Date: 2016-12-26
IESG Telechat date: 2017-01-19

Summary: Ready

(I did review the -00 version and my comment have been already
addressed in -01)

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments: 

For the consistency Section 1.2. Author's note should probably be also
tagged and explained how the RFC Editor is supposed to handle it. I
assume Section 1.2. will be removed from the final publication.

---

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 21:36:00 +0100

Hi Jouni,

> (I did review the -00 version and my comment have been already

Thanks for your verification :)

> assume Section 1.2. will be removed from the final publication.

RFC Editor cannot handle it with their current tools.  Actual 
publication of RFCs in the new formats allowing UTF-8 is about 18 months 
away according to the timeline listed on the RSE slides
from IETF 97.  That's why Section 1.2 is still here and not scheduled to 
be removed (like Section 1.3 of 
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-murchison-nntp-compress-06>).

-- 
Julien ÉLIE

« La femme est beaucoup plus portée que l'homme aux actes imprudents
   et irréfléchis. » (Démocrite)

---

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 21:00:55 +0100

Hi Jouni,

Thanks for your latest review of -04!

FYI, as you mentioned it in -03, the Author's Note Section will be 
removed by the RFC Editor.  It is what they have just done for the 
following draft currently in AUTH48:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-murchison-nntp-compress/

-- 
Julien ÉLIE

« – Dis, je crois avoir entendu parler gothique par là !
   – Tu as des visions, Pamplemus ! » (Astérix)