Subject: ANRP award presentations at IETF-98

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 08:33:27 +0000

Hi,

we are extremely pleased to report that for the 2017 award period of
the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP), 39 eligible nominations
were received. Each submission was reviewed by several members of the
selection committee selection committee according to a diverse set of
criteria, including scientific excellence and substance, timeliness,
relevance, and potential impact on the Internet.

Based on this review, six submissions are awarded an Applied
Networking Research Prize in 2017. Two prize winners will present
their work at the IRTF Open Meeting during IETF-98 in Chicago, IL,
USA. The ANRPs for IETF-98 go to:

*** Yossi Gilad *** for the “path-end validation” extension to the
RPKI:

    Avichai Cohen, Yossi Gilad, Amir Herzberg, and Michael Schapira.
    Jumpstarting BGP Security with Path-End Validation. Proc.
    ACM SIGCOMM, Florianopolis, Brazil, August 2016.

*** Alistair King *** for a framework to enable efficient processing
of large amounts of distributed and/or live BGP data:

    Chiara Orsini, Alistair King, Danilo Giordano, Vasileios Giotsas,
    and Alberto Dainotti. BGPStream: A Software Framework for Live and
    Historical BGP Data Analysis. Proc. ACM IMC, Santa Monica, CA,
    USA, November 2016.

Please subscribe to the IRTF-Announce mailing list in order to receive
future calls for ANRP nominations and join ISOC to stay informed of
other networking research initiatives:

  https://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce
  https://isoc.org/join

More information about the ANRP is at https://irtf.org/anrp.

Regards,

Lars Eggert, IRTF Chair            https://irtf.org/anrp
Mat Ford, Internet Society         https://isoc.org/research/

2017 ANRP Selection Committee

Mark Allman, ICIR
Lou Berger, LabN
KC Claffy, CAIDA
Lars Eggert, NetApp
Stephen Farrell, Trinity College Dublin
Nick Feamster, Princeton
Mat Ford, ISOC
Lisandro Granville, UFRGS
Volker Hilt, Bell Labs
Suresh Krishnan, Ericsson
Allison Mankin, Salesforce
Al Morton, AT&T Laboratories
Jörg Ott, TU München
Colin Perkins, University of Glasgow
Aiko Pras, University of Twente
Jürgen Schönwälder, Jacobs University Bremen
Joe Touch, USC/ISI
Rolf Winter, Hochschule Augsburg
Lixia Zhang, UCLA