Subject: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-04

From: Shucheng LIU <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 14:10:03 -0700

Reviewer: Shucheng LIU
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed review of draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-04 as part of the
Operational directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents
being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written with the
intent of improving the operational aspects of the IETF drafts.
Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included in AD
reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

   "This document specifies IS-IS auto-configuration mechanisms.  The
key
   components are IS-IS System ID self-generation, duplication
detection
   and duplication resolution.  These mechanisms provide limited
IS-IS
   functions, and so are suitable for networks where plug-and-play
   configuration is expected."

My overall view of the document is Ready for publication.

I read this draft long ago in its earlier version (probably
draft-liu-isis-auto-conf-06) and happy to see that issues (e.g. the
confusing sentence such as “octets of all 0”) are already fixed.  

Some small ones below.

page 3:
> It SHOULD not be changed due to device status change (such as
interface > enable/disable, interface plug in/off, device reboot,
firmware update etc.)

The term “due to” is confusing. It might be change to “It SHOULD not
be changed until the device status change”  or “It SHOULD not be
changed as the device status change” according to the meaning.

Page 8 
> As specified in this document, there are two distinguisher need to
be > self-generated, which is System ID and Router-Fingerprint.  

s/which is/which are

Page 9
>  In a network device, normally there are resources which provide an
> extremely high probability of uniqueness thus could be used as seeds
to > derive distinguisher (e.g. hashing or generating pseudo-random
numbers), > such as:

Suggest to split the sentence to make it more readable.