Subject: Genart telechat review of draft-nottingham-rfc5988bis-07

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 09:46:40 -0700

Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-nottingham-rfc5988bis-07
Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review Date: 2017-07-24
IETF LC End Date: 2017-05-26
IESG Telechat date: 2017-08-03

Summary: Ready except for some confusing IANA text - please see below.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments: 

I find the following text very confusing:

   IANA will direct any incoming requests regarding the registry to this
   document and, if defined, the processes established by the expert(s);
   typically, this will mean referring them to the registry Web page.
   Note that the expert(s) are allowed (as per Section 2.1.1.1) to
   define additional fields to be collected in the registry.

You cannot direct a request to a document, and I am not sure you collect things
in registry. It would be useful to take another look at the above text.

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 09:45:22 +1000

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for that. That part of IANA considerations is gone, after some consultation with IANA in Prague.

Cheers,

> On 25 Jul 2017, at 2:46 am, Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Reviewer: Stewart Bryant

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/