Subject: IETF in Africa

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 03:02:19 -0700

Hi Gonzalo,

I am not sure whether you are aware that ISOC operates a mailing list 
for its IETF Africa initiative.  Last Tuesday, I sent an message 
about an issue related to the initiative to a member of the ISOC 
Board of Trustees who was appointed by the IETF.  I received a 
message about being unsubscribed from the IETF Africa mailing list 
approximately six hours after that.  I sent an email to the list 
administrator to request an explanation.  I did not receive any reply 
from the list administrator.

   (a) Is there an ISOC practice where people in Africa are expected to have
       their messages approved by the regional ISOC bureau before those
       messages are sent to a member of the Board of Trustees?

   (b) Why does ISOC have a different policy [1] for its IETF in Africa mailing
       list?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. There is a public archive of the discussions for the IETF in Latin 
America and the Caribbean.

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 14:11:40 +0200

Hi,

members of ISOC staff should have already contacted you about this
issue. It seems there was a temporary problem with your subscription to
that list, as opposed to a policy. If you still have concerns, please
let me know.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

On 07/09/2017 12:02 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:
> for its IETF Africa initiative.  Last Tuesday, I sent an message about
> an issue related to the initiative to a member of the ISOC Board of
> Trustees who was appointed by the IETF.  I received a message about
> being unsubscribed from the IETF Africa mailing list approximately six
> hours after that.  I sent an email to the list administrator to request
> an explanation.  I did not receive any reply from the list administrator.
>

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 05:18:46 -0700

Hi Gonzalo,
>that list, as opposed to a policy. If you still have concerns, please

Thanks for following up on this.  The list administrator explained 
what happened and the matter has been resolved.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy