Subject: Re: Responses to questions about the new IETF privacy statement

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 00:28:24 -0700

Hello,
At 03:08 PM 19-10-2017, John R Levine wrote:
>The IAOC published a new privacy statement last month, which is now 
>available at
>https://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/IETFPrivacyStatement2017-07-12.pdf
>
>We got a few questions on the draft version.

The initial request for comments about the privacy statement was in 
February 2015.  The responses to the questions cannot be described as 
timely [1].

There was a comment from the current IETF Chair about retention 
policies.  The latest version of the privacy statement does not say 
anything about that.

What information is shared with the Internet Society for marketing purposes?

There is the following on Page 2: "If you provide Personal Data to 
the Parties, you acknowledge and agree that such Personal Data may be 
transferred from your current location to others in any country in 
the world".  Who are those "others"?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. I don't think that John is responsible for that.