Subject: IETF 100 Early Bird Deadline Today!

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 07:24:30 -0700

IETF 100 
Singapore
November 11-17, 2017
Host: Cisco

IETF 100 Information: https://ietf.org/meeting/100/index.html

1. Early Bird Deadline
	The early bird deadline for registration is Friday, November 3rd.
	Be sure to register and pay before the deadline passes!

	Register online at: https://ietf.org/meeting/register.html

2. Thursday Speaker Series Topic — 3 years on: Open Standards, Open Source, Open Loop

	At IETF 91, many outrageous claims were emphatically made
	about the relationship between Open Standards and Open Source.
	Three years later, let’s take a look at how much progress has
	been made, if any; and discuss successes and failures.
	Communities of developers and engineers have fully formed Open
	Source efforts and are building large, effective communities
	without any documented standardization as a part of their
	strategy. How should SDOs interact with developers, communities
	and deployers of Open Source? There are claims and perhaps proof
	that Open Source now fully defines the industries "de facto
	Standards." Does the process of standardization and the contents
	and lifecycle of a standard need to fundamentally change?

	Logistics:
	• Room: Canning
	• Date: Thursday, November 16, 2017
	• Time: 12:30 – 13:15
	• Lunch will NOT be provided. 

	Speaker Biography:

	Dave Ward, Senior Vice President, Chief Architect & CTO - Engineering

	Dave is Chief Architect at Cisco Systems, responsible for
	architectural governance, defining strategy, development of new
	technology and leading use-inspired research. Working via tight
	partnerships with customers, partners, developers and academia he
	is also leading co-development and co-innovation initiatives. He
	has been the Routing Area Director at the IETF and chair of four
	Working Groups: IS-IS, HIP, BFD and Softwires and worked with the
	ITU-T, ONF and several Open Source consortia. David was also a
	Juniper Fellow and Chief Architect working on the operating
	system and next-generation routing systems. Dave has a small
	vineyard in the Santa Cruz Mountains and an heirloom tomato farm
	along the St. Croix River in Somerset, Wisconsin.

3. Code Sprint	

	The IETF 100 Code Sprint in Singapore will, as
	always, let you work on fixing those things about the datatracker
	which you most urgently desire to do something about.

	When: Saturday, November 11 from 09:30 to 18:00
	Where: Raffles City Convention Center, Room Ord
	Signup: https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF100SprintSignUp
	More information: https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF100Sprint

4. Hackathon
	
	The IETF is holding a Hackathon at IETF 100 to encourage
	developers to discuss, collaborate and develop utilities, ideas,
	sample code and solutions that show practical implementations of
	IETF standards.

	When: Saturday November 11 and Sunday November 12
	Where: Raffles City Convention Center, Room Moor/Morrison
	Signup: https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf100/hackathonregistration.py
	More information: http://ietf.org/hackathon/100-hackathon.html 
	Keep up to date by subscribing to: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon

	The Hackathon is free to attend and open to all. Extend
	the invitation to colleagues outside the IETF!

	Descriptions and information regarding the technologies
	for the hackathon are located on the IETF 100 Meeting Wiki:
	https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/100hackathon

	Don’t see anything that interests you? Feel free to add
	your preferred technology to the list, sign up as its
	Champion and show up to work on it. Note: you must login to
	the wiki to add content. If you do add a new technology, we
	strongly suggest that you send an email to [email-masked]
	to let others know. You may generate interest in your
	technology, and find other people who want to contribute to
	it.

	To request a wiki account, please click on the “login”
	button on the bottom right corner of the page, and choose
	“register.” If you need a new password please click on the
	“login” button on the bottom right corner of the page and
	choose “Send new password.”

5. Side Meetings

	The IESG is continuing the side meeting experiment in
	Singapore with some slight modifications based on the comments
	received from the experiment in Prague. For IETF 100, two rooms
	are available for first-come first-served (FCFS) signup online.
	The larger of the two (Hullet) will hold approximately 40 people
	and will be configured with a U-shaped table. The smaller room
	(Butterworth) will be configured as a boardroom and will hold
	approximately 12 people; please note that this smaller room was
	previously the onsite signup room, so there will be no onsite
	signup room at IETF 100. Both Hullet and Butterworth rooms will
	have projectors.

	You can sign up for either room by visiting the IETF meeting
	wiki and navigating to Side Meetings via the Table of Contents.
	See:
	https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietf100# side_meetings 	
	You will need to login to the wiki in order to reserve a
	room. If you’ve registered for an IETF meeting in the recent
	past, an account has been automatically created for you. If you
	have trouble logging into the wiki, you can choose to reset your
	password.

	The coveted morning, lunch and evening slots are not
	currently available for reservation, but will be made available
	at the start of IETF 100.

	Please include your name, email and a short description of
	the meeting when reserving the room, and please limit yourself to
	no more than a total of three hours during the IETF meeting week.
	In addition, please remember that meetings held in these rooms
	are subject to the IETF Meeting Policy:
	https://www.ietf.org/meeting/meeting-rooms-policy.html.

Important Dates: https://ietf.org/meeting/important-dates.html#ietf100