Subject: keeping old links alive, ietf.org opening page

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 20:33:54 -0500 (EST)

I was just reading a widely published document that contained a link to
the TLS working group at at:

 	http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/tls-charter.html

In giant letters on the page that opens, I got:

 	DNS-over-HTTPS (DoH) Operational and Privacy Issues

That's all that I saw on my 13" laptop screen.....

My first comment is, I thought (hoped?) that we would leave in enough
redirects so that these kind of old links would survive and get
redirected?

My second comment is, the ietf.org main page should really focus more
on the IETF. Sure it can have a hot topic to on the main page, but not
to the point where all I see on the entire laptop screen is one current
item the IETF is dealing with.

Paul

---

From: Tony Finch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 18:25:19 +0000

> 	http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/tls-charter.html

Now it redirects to https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg//tls-charter.html
which is a 404 - it should be https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/tls/about/
I think.

Tony.
-- 
f.anthony.n.finch  <[email-masked]>  http://dotat.at/
responsible stewardship of the earth and its resources