Subject: dot3Tests

From: John Flick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 18:45:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

In working on the update to the Ethernet-like MIB, I'm not sure how to
handle the references to the ifTestTable.  The updated IF-MIB
deprecates this table.  There was a replacement being defined in a
separate document (draft-ietf-ifmib-testmib-xx.txt), but I am not sure
what the status of this document is.  Meanwhile, I am faced with
updating this document containing test types, with no current test
mechanism to refer to.

In addition, I noticed the description of dot3TestTdr in RFC 1650
refers to the dot3TestTdrValue object for holding the result.  This
object existed in RFC 1284, but was removed from RFC 1398 and is not
present in RFC 1650.  Where should the result go?

John

---

From: "Ted Brunner 503.627.1317" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 09:56:28 -0800

John-

> what the status of this document is.  

The interface WG is now in the process of considering proposing the
test mib move forward to "proposed standard" to join the new
interface mib.  And dispite the slippery sound of that
last statement I hope things will move along quickly,
given that rfc2233 is out.  I don't see any major road blocks
if the working groups chooses to move forward.

Ted Brunner			Video and Networking Division
				Tektronix
				MS 50-490
[email-masked]		14150 SW Karl Braun
503.627.1317			Beaverton OR 97005

---

From: "Ted Brunner 503.627.1317" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 09:56:28 -0800

John-