Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ifmib-ifmib2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:03:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Interfaces MIB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Interfaces Group MIB
	Author(s)	: F. Kastenholz, K. McCloghrie
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ifmib-ifmib2-00.txt
	Pages		: 78
	Date		: 22-Jul-98
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base
(MIB) for use with network management protocols in the Internet
community.  In particular, it describes managed objects used for
managing Network Interfaces.
 
This memo discusses the 'interfaces' group of MIB-II [17],
especially the experience gained from the definition of numerous
media-specific MIB modules for use in conjunction with the
'interfaces' group for managing various sub-layers beneath the
internetwork-layer.  It specifies clarifications to, and
extensions of, the architectural issues within the MIB-II model of
the 'interfaces' group.  This memo obsoletes RFC 2233, the
previous version of the Interfaces Group MIB.
 
The key words 'MUST' and 'MUST NOT' in this document are to be
interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [16].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ifmib-ifmib2-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ifmib-ifmib2-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ifmib-ifmib2-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.