Subject: Welcome to if-mib

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 17:19:02 -0700 (PDT)

--

Welcome to the if-mib mailing list!

Please save this message for future reference.  Thank you.

If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list,
send the following command in email to
<[email-masked]>:

    unsubscribe

Or you can send mail to <[email-masked]> with the following
command in the body of your email message:

    unsubscribe if-mib

or from another account, besides [email-masked]:

    unsubscribe if-mib [email-masked]

If you ever need to get in contact with the owner of the list,
(if you have trouble unsubscribing, or have questions about the
list itself) send email to <[email-masked]> .
This is the general rule for most mailing lists when you need
to contact a human.

 Here's the general information for the list you've subscribed to,
 in case you don't already have it:

- -----------------------

Interfaces MIB (ifmib)
- ----------------------

 Charter

 Chair(s):
     Ted Brunner  <[email-masked]>

 Network Management Area Director(s)

 Mailing lists:
     General Discussion:[email-masked]
     To Subscribe:      [email-masked]
        In Body:        subscribe if-mib your_email_address
     Archive:

Description of Working Group:
     The Interfaces MIB working group is reactivated and chartered
     to accomplish one task: to prepare a recommendation to the IESG
     evaluating RFC 1573 with respect to the standards track.

     The recommendation will document implementation, interoperability,
     and deployment experience.  If this experiences suggests that
     changes should be made to the documents, new drafts may be
     prepared.

     The recommendation will report one of four outcomes: that the RFC
     should be advanced
     from proposed to draft status, without changes (if no problems are
     found); that a draft prepared by the working group, should replace
     the RFC, and be designated a draft standard (if only minor changes
     are made); that a draft prepared by the working group, should
     replace the RFC, and be designated a proposed standard (if major
     changes or feature enhancements are made); or, that the RFC should
     be designated as historic (if this technology is problematic).

 Goals and Milestones:

Done (Jun 95)   Begin discussion of RFC 1573.
                Issue a call for implementation and operations experience.

Done (Jul 95)   Meeting in Stockholm

Done (Nov 95)   Post a internet-draft of the revised interfaces mib.

Done (Dec 95)   Meeting in Dallas

Done (May 96)   Post a internet-draft of the interface test mib.

Done (Jun 96)   Meeting in Montreal

                Submit the interfaces MIB to the IESG for consideration
                as a Draft/Proposed Standard.

 Internet Drafts:
draft-ietf-ifmib-mib-05.txt
draft-ietf-ifmib-testmib-03.txt

 Request For Comments:
   rfc1573 Evolution of the Interfaces Group of MIB-II