Subject: [Ila] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-idloc-fast-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 10:28:40 -0700

Hello,

This draft is an alternative proposal for to optimize anchorless
mobility in identifier-locator protocols. Similar to the hICN
proposal, this espouses the idea of carrying path information in data
packets instead of relying on mapping databases or mapping caches in
the datapath. Data packets carry a locator in FAST tickets (IPv6
options) to use in the return path to the mobile device. This requires
some end host implementation (FAST), however it eliminates the need to
do a mapping database lookup or mapping cache lookup in the datapath.
Also, this protocol independent of the transport layer so it works
with any transport protocol and doesn't require any transport state to
be maintained in the network.

Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:04 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-idloc-fast-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-idloc-fast-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-idloc-fast
Revision:       00
Title:          Lightweight Identifier-Locator Mapping Using FAST
Document date:  2018-06-26
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          16
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-idloc-fast-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-idloc-fast/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-idloc-fast-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-idloc-fast

Abstract:
   This proposal provides a method to implement identifier to locator
   mapping in the datapath without the need to access an in-network
   mapping database or cache. Mappings are encoded in Firewall and
   Service Tickets (FAST) tickets as locator information. When a packet
   is sent by a mobile node, a ticket is attached that providers the
   locator to use in the return path. Peer nodes receive packets with
   these tickets, cache the tickets in a flow context, and then attach
   them to packets they send as reflected tickets. When a packet with a
   reflected ticket enters an identifier-locator domain, the ticket is
   parsed to extract the locator. That locator is then used to send the
   packet to the appropriate destination over a network overlay.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat