Subject: [IEE] Current list of EAI related drafts

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:42:03 +0100

The following list of drafts are related to EAI (the proto-WG formerly 
known as IEE and IMA):

Problem/framing:

draft-alvestrand-i18mail-scenarios
draft-klensin-ima-constraints

Solution:

draft-klensin-ima-framework
draft-yeh-ima-utf8headers
draft-yao-ima-smtpext
draft-yoneya-ima-downgrade (if -01 comes through)
draft-newman-ima-pop

I wrote the first one on the list to attempt to answer Keith Moore's 
question that I interpreted as "what do you mean when you say 'email 
works'". If the IESG chooses to ask me to function as chair for this WG, 
it needs another editor.

The second one is intended as an input piece, not as WG output.

Please send a note if I've overlooked one!

                 Harald

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: Yoshiro YONEYA <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 06:23:47 +0900

Dear Folks,

draft-yoneya-ima-downgrade-01 has published.

-- 
Yoshiro YONEYA <[email-masked]>

> Please send a note if I've overlooked one!

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yoneya-ima-downgrade-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:50:02 -0500
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Downgrading mechanism for Internationalized eMail Address (IMA)
	Author(s)	: Y. Yoneya, K. Fujiwara
	Filename	: draft-yoneya-ima-downgrade-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-3-9
	
Traditional mail system handles only US-ASCII characters in SMTP
envelope and mail headers.  The Internationalized eMail Address (IMA)
is implemented by allowing UTF-8 characters in SMTP envelope and mail
headers.  To deliver IMA through IMA incompliant environment, some
sort of converting mechanism (i.e. downgrading) is required.  This
document describes requirements for downgrading, SMTP session
downgrade, header downgrade and implementation consideration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yoneya-ima-downgrade-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yoneya-ima-downgrade-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yoneya-ima-downgrade-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima