Subject: [EAI] Open issues - important ones

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 23:23:33 +0200

Dear co-workers,

it is now just a few days until our scheduled meeting in Beijing.

The discussion on the list has proved that we still do not see face to 
face on a number of issues, some of the more important being:

- The way to detect that I18Mail is in use in a given message: UTF-8 
detection, special header, 8-bit detection, declaring messages without 
the header to be "out of scope" for the WG

- The way in which to convey I18Mail information in Received: headers, 
knowing that requiring a gateway to modify these is likely to be troubling

- The use of encapsulation or not in order to gateway messages through 
non-I18Mail systems

- The proper MIME type and encoding to use when forwarding I18Mail messages

We have also failed to start so far the discussion on how to deal with 
DKIM, PGP/MIME and other mail security protocols that require headers of 
messages to be unmodified.

Luckily, we have a new set of internet-drafts to base our discussion on:

 draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-00
 draft-ietf-eai-framework-00
 draft-ietf-eai-scenarios-00
 draft-ietf-eai-smtpext-00

We hope that they will soon be joined by the promised revised headers, 
IMAP and POP drafts.

Remember to send mail to the chairs telling us if you are coming to 
Beijing - so far, few people have done so, and we need to know how many 
people to prepare the logistics for.

Also please notify us if you plan to attend by videoconference or 
teleconference.
Talk to you soon!

                          Harald, for the WG chairs

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima