Subject: [EAI] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-eai-utf8headers-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internationalized Email Headers
	Author(s)	: J. Yeh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-eai-utf8headers-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-11-6
	
Full internationalization of electronic mail requires not only the
   capability to transmit non-ASCII content, to encode selected
   information in specific header fields, and to use non-ASCII
   characters in envelope addresses.  It also requires being able to
   express those addresses and information based on them in mail header
   fields.  This document specifies the use of Unicode encoded in UTF-8,
   rather than ASCII, as the base form for Internet email header field
   bodies.  This form is permitted in transmission only if authorized by
   an SMTP extension, as specified in an associated specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-utf8headers-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-eai-utf8headers-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-utf8headers-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima