Subject: [EAI] Question in http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/ietf-logs/eai/2006-11-09.html

From: Kari Hurtta <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Nov 2006 11:27:13 +0200

[16:43:04] <pguenther> johnk: another proposal for the marker header: use MIME-Version: 2.0
[16:43:41] <pguenther> pete: worried about why we have this header
[16:44:04] <pguenther> johnk: we've been here this before, so why not be here before with the old one
[16:45:24] <pguenther> chris: will anyone actually implement this as other than MUST generate, MUST ignore?

On my MUA MIME-Version header field is checked. If it is other than '1.0' (when comments
are removed), then just metamail is called.  Ie.  'Unkown mime version, I will call
external program for this'.

[16:46:00] <pguenther> harald: does anyone have a *use* for this marker?
[16:47:02] <pguenther> does anyone recall why that header was added?

MIME-Version: 2.0

may be usefull, if there is UTF-8 header fileds on MIME structure -- specially
on other place than on top mail header.

/ Kari Hurtta

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima