Subject: [EAI] about section 3 and 4 of smtpext

From: "YAO Jiankang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 23:25:46 +0800

based on recent discussions, it seems that we should drop Sections 3.3 and section 4.

It seems that it is still reasonable to keep Sections 3.1 (LMTP) and 3.2 (DSNs).

Yao Jiankang
CNNIC
_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:34:11 -0400

> It seems that it is still reasonable to keep Sections 3.1

Not, in my opinion, without some significant rewriting.  Moving
things to an appendix that starts, e.g., "this appendix updates
and provides additional information that should have been in RFC
4952" would be ok, but smptext should not contain arbitrary
material that should be in Framework.   To do so creates reading
loops and risks creating general confusion about which one is
authoritative.

Just my opinion, of course.

   john