Subject: [EAI] ISSUE: draft-ietf-eai-utf8headers-07 - Content-Description

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:56:55 -0700

Hello,

Section 4.3 provides for UTF-8 being allowed in "Content-Description" 
header fields.  Does that mean that a "Content-Description" header 
for an image/ type, for example, found within a multipart/ can have 
UTF-8 text?

Regards,
-sm

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:27:16 +0100

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:56:55 +0100, SM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> header fields.  Does that mean that a "Content-Description" header for  
> an image/ type, for example, found within a multipart/ can have UTF-8  
> text?

Yes, that was the intention. The body of a Content-Description is  
<unstructured>, so it can easily be downgraded using RFC 2047.

It would clearly be useful for an image being sent from one Chinese  
speaker to another to have the Content-Description describing the image  
written in Chinese.

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131                       
   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:35:36 -0700

Hi Charles,
><unstructured>, so it can easily be downgraded using RFC 2047.

Thanks for the explanation.

Regards,
-sm

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:57:49 +0200

I believe this has been clarified sufficiently in later discussion.