Subject: [EAI] Editorial change suggestions -- smtpext-08

From: Yangwoo Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:14:02 +0900

Basically, I support this draft to be published. Below are a few minor / 
editorial / nitpicky change suggestions. Authors may accept them as much 
as they like.

(1) Abstract

 >   This document specifies the use of SMTP extension for
 >   internationalized email address delivery. 

This document specifies the use of an SMTP extension for
delivery of email messages with internationalized email addresses.

(2) First paragraph of 1. Introduction

 > which clients can make decisions for further processing; please see
 > more in [EAI-framework].

More of what? More discussion?

(3) First paragraph of 1. Introduction

 >   architecturally desirable approach.  This document specifies an SMTP
 >   extension to permit internationalized email addresses in envelopes,
 >   and UTF-8 in headers.  The protocol described here is an MTA solution

and unicode characters (encoded in UTF-8) in headers.

(4) End of section 2.2

 >       address in the envelope is in ASCII or if an ALT-Address

ALT-ADDRESS

(5) First paragraph of section 2.3

 >   RFC 2821, section 4.1.2, defines the syntax of a mailbox entirely in
 >   terms of ASCII characters, using the production for "Mailbox" and

.. a mailbox entirely in ASCII characters, ...

(6) First paragraph of section 2.5

 >   [EAI-utf8header] specifies "UTF8SMTP message" which requires UTF8SMTP
 >   support.

... which requires UTF8SMTP service extension.

(7) Last paragraph of section 2.7

 >   Support and use of this extension requires support for 8BITMIME.  It
 >   means that 8BITMIME MUST be advertised by the UTF8SMTP capable SMTP
 >   server.

This requirement is already said in section 2.1. Could be removed.

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima