Subject: [EAI] Heads-up on WG Last Call

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:52:40 +0200

As of this week, the following new I-Ds are out:

- Sep  4 20:32 internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-utf8headers-07.txt
- Sep  4 20:15 internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-smtpext-08.txt
- Sep  2 17:08 internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-dsn-03.txt

This chair has not prepared enough to emit the Last Call today, but we 
aim to emit the WG Last Call on these 3 documents Monday of next week.

This will be a 2-week Last Call for publication as Experimental, ending 
on September 24.

                           Harald, for the chairs

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:58:19 +0100

> - Sep  2 17:08 internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-dsn-03.txt

But we still await the downgrade document to complete the set. Since there  
are so many interactions between them, I would prefer to wait until the  
set is complete before going to WG last call (I presume the next downgrade  
document cannot be far away).

Also, I raised an issue regarding whether the headers returned with a DSN  
should be a text type rather than a message type. Chris disagreed, but he  
did agree that it ought to be formally recognised as an issue. I therefore  
request that be done.

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131                       
   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5

---

From: "YAO Jiankang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:06:05 +0800

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
To: "IMA" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: [EAI] Heads-up on WG Last Call

> document cannot be far away).

We'd better do our work step by step. The first step is to finish these 3 documents WG Last call.
The second step is to deal with other documents such as downgrade, pop and others.
We can not finish all in a single day.

YAO Jiankang
CNNIC

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 07:50:48 +0200

Charles Lindsey wrote:
> But we still await the downgrade document to complete the set. Since 
> there are so many interactions between them, I would prefer to wait 
> until the set is complete before going to WG last call (I presume the 
> next downgrade document cannot be far away).
I have formed the opposite opinion; the total number of pages for review 
in the 3 documents listed is great enough, and the distance to 
-downgrade is big enough, that it makes sense to ask for their review 
separately.
Of course, you're free to raise issues about their interaction with 
-downgrade as long as those issues could affect the text of these documents.
>
> Also, I raised an issue regarding whether the headers returned with a 
> DSN should be a text type rather than a message type. Chris disagreed, 
> but he did agree that it ought to be formally recognised as an issue. 
> I therefore request that be done. 
On which date did you send the message with "ISSUE:" to the mailing list?

                    Harald