Subject: [EAI] Decisions from IETF 71

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:42:07 +0200

All decisions at face-to-face meetings need to be confirmed on the 
mailing list.

Here's a list of things that I think are uncontroversial; anyone who 
thinks they need further discussion needs to speak up now!

- Downgrade draft: -07 version will have a 2-week WG Last Call, and then 
be sent to the
  IESG for processing.

  - Worry point: Whether this can be done independently of mailto and 
mailinglist

- POP/IMAP: One more round of revisions is expected, then we do WG Last 
Call.
  That is, we believe all the issues are on the table now, and editors 
know how to resolve them.

- Scenarios: Useful bits will be folded into a -framework-bis document, 
once that is created.
  Current document will not be carried forward.

- email-clients and downgraded-display: Will be added to the revised 
charter for the WG.

- New charter: Will be based on using the spring to finish up the 
current document set,
  starting an effort to make a standards-track document set in the fall 
of 2008, and have
  a standards-track proposal to the IESG by the end of 2008.

I'll send another mail with "stuff that we still need to talk about".

                  Harald

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:31:56 +0200

Harald Alvestrand wrote:

> - Scenarios: Useful bits will be folded into a -framework-bis
> document, once that is created.  Current document will not be
> carried forward.

The minutes and this article are the first time that I heard of
a proposal to create a revised framework.  Adding the scenarios
to this revision might be a good idea.

> I'll send another mail with "stuff that we still need to talk

Proposal:  mailto-bis, Mailto-bis, ..., MAILTO-BIS, and then the
same trick with mailto-eai.  The minutes mention an idea to use
a new scheme for mailto-eai.  I'm not spontaneuosly convinced 
that this is a good idea.  

 Frank