Subject: [EAI] RFC 5335 on Internationalized Email Headers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 17:07:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5335

        Title:      Internationalized Email Headers 
        Author:     Y. Abel, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       September 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 27945
        Updates:    RFC2045, RFC2822

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eai-utf8headers-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5335.txt

Full internationalization of electronic mail requires not only the
capabilities to transmit non-ASCII content, to encode selected
information in specific header fields, and to use non-ASCII
characters in envelope addresses.  It also requires being able to
express those addresses and the information based on them in mail
header fields.  This document specifies an experimental variant of
Internet mail that permits the use of Unicode encoded in UTF-8,
rather than ASCII, as the base form for Internet email header field.
This form is permitted in transmission only if authorized by an SMTP
extension, as specified in an associated specification.  This
specification Updates section 6.4 of RFC 2045 to conform with the
requirements.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

This document is a product of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima