Subject: Re: [EAI] Deciding what to do with IRIs in List-* headers

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 00:51:13 +0200

Harald Alvestrand skrev:
> Hello,
>
> at our Dublin meeting, the issue of how to handle headers with URLs 
> that contain non-ASCII characters (that is, they are IRIs in an URI 
> slot) came up - in the context of List-* headers.
>
> I see two possible ways forward:
>
> 1 - Don't address the issue at this time. Let such headers be turned 
> into Downgraded-* headers, effectively hidden from the user's MUA. Add 
> a comment that this will happen. This is the fastest path to getting 
> -downgrade submitted.
>
> 2 - Add a new mechanism to -downgrade section 5
Given that I haven't heard anything resembling enthusiasm for solution 
2, I'm taking the group consensus to be that we should stay with the 
current text in -downgrade; any List-* header containing non-ASCII 
characters will be turned into Downgraded-List-* headers.

Decision made. With that out of the way, I think it's time for the WG 
Last Call on -downgrade.

                      Harald
_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:54:01 +0900 (JST)

> From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>

I submitted downgrade-09.
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-09.txt

Differences from 08 to 09 are two.

1. add one sentence to the end of
   section "5.1.  Downgrading method for each header field"

   Any List-* header field containing non-ASCII characters will be
   turned into Downgraded-List-* header fields.

2. refer to RFC 5335, 5336, 5337

Regards,

--
Kazunori Fujiwara, JPRS <[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima