Subject: [EAI] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5738 (2076)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 02:35:04 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5738,
"IMAP Support for UTF-8".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5738&eid=2076

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 8, 4th para

Original Text
-------------
|  Up-conversion of MIME header encoding of the following headers MUST
   also be implemented: Subject, Date ([RFC5322] comments only),
   Comments, Keywords, and Content-Description.

Corrected Text
--------------
|  Up-conversion of MIME header encoding of the following header fields
   MUST also be implemented: Subject, Date ([RFC5322] comments only),
   Comments, Keywords, and Content-Description.

Notes
-----
Rationale: precise use of IETF standard terminology.

Note:  Further nits in this RFC (keep for update):

-  Section 5, last line

      ... Section 2.3 of SASLprep RFC 4013 [RFC4013].

   should better say: 

      ... Section 2.3 of SASLprep (RFC 4013 [RFC4013]).

-  Section 10 (2 instances):

      This adds ...

   should better say:

      This RFC adds ...

-  Section 12.1 -- unexpected line break in Ref. [RFC2231] :

   [RFC2231]  Freed, N. and K. Moore, "MIME Parameter Value and Encoded
              Word Extensions:
              Character Sets, Languages, and Continuations", RFC 2231,
              November 1997.

   should say:

   [RFC2231]  Freed, N. and K. Moore, "MIME Parameter Value and Encoded
              Word Extensions: Character Sets, Languages, and
              Continuations", RFC 2231, November 1997.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5738 (draft-ietf-eai-imap-utf8-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : IMAP Support for UTF-8
Publication Date    : March 2010
Author(s)           : P. Resnick, C. Newman
Category            : EXPERIMENTAL
Source              : Email Address Internationalization
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG