Subject: [EAI] Comments on draft-ietf-eai-rfc5336bis-03

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:02:39 -0700

Hello,

I have a few comments about draft-ietf-eai-rfc5336bis-03.  In the 
Abstract Section:

   "Communication with systems that do not implement this
    specification is specified in another document."

I suggest removing that sentence.

In the Introduction Section:

   "An internationalized email address includes two parts, the local part
    and the domain part.  The ways email addresses are used by protocols
    are different from the ways domain names are used.  The most critical
    difference is that emails are delivered through a chain of clients
    and servers, while domain names are resolved by name servers looking
    up those names in their own tables."

The difference between email addresses and domain names is that the 
domain part of email addresses can be resolved using DNS at any point 
during message transit whereas the local-part can only be interpreted 
and assigned semantics by the host specified in the domain part of the address.

I suggest removing the "In addition to this,".

In Section 3.2:

   'If the original client submits a message to a Message Submission
    Server ("MSA") [RFC4409], it is the responsibility of the MSA that
    all domain labels are valid; otherwise, it is the original client's
    responsibility.'

I suggest a rewrite:

   When a Message User Agent submits a message to a Message Submission
   Server ("MSA") [RFC4409], it is the responsibility of the MSA to
   ensure that all domain labels are valid.

I did not include "original client's responsibility" as it is not 
clear where the responsibility lies.

   "A UTF8SMTPbis aware MUA/MSA sending to a legacy SMTP server [RFC5321]
    and [RFC5322] MAY convert the ASCII@non-ASCII addresse"

There is a typo for "address".

In Section 4, could the "UTF-8 header message can't be transferred" 
be changed to:

   UTF-8 header message cannot be transferred

Regards,
-sm

---

From: "Jiankang YAO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:33:32 +0800

I will update it .
thanks.

Jiankang Yao
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "SM" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2010 12:02 AM
Subject: [EAI] Comments on draft-ietf-eai-rfc5336bis-03

> _______________________________________________
> IMA mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima