Subject: [EAI] WG last call expires Friday

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 19:46:57 -0500

Hi.

Just as a reminder, we agreed in Beijing that WG Last Call on 

SMTP-bis (draft-ietf-eai-rfc5336bis-04) and
Header-bis (draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-03)

would expire this Friday, 26 November and that 

 DSN-bis (draft-ietf-eai-rfc5337bis-dsn)

would be on the same schedule if Tony managed to get issues
resolved among the authors and a draft posted by early last week.

While DSN-bis is not ready, the status of the other two is
unchanged.  I'd appreciate comments, even if they are "looks ok"
from those who agreed to review those documents (and any others
who did review them) posted to this list as soon as possible.
Unless substantive comments are received that indicates that
they should be held up, Joseph and I will hand the off to Alexey
for IESG processing and IETF Last Call at the beginning of next
week.

Note also that 

	POP-bis (draft-ietf-eai-rfc5721bis)   and
	IMAP-bis (draft-ietf-eai-rfc5738bis)

are right behind the three above, with comments expected by
December 3.  Message downgrading
(draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade) should be right behind them,
going into WG Last Call as soon as Pete posts the summary of
discussions in Beijing to the list and a new version, consistent
with the result of those discussions, is published.

We should still be on schedule to get all six of those documents
finished up and in the IESG's hands significantly before the end
of the calendar year.

If any of you have substantive technical objections, this is the
time to speak up.

    john