Subject: [EAI] I-D Action:draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 19:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internationalized Email Headers
	Author(s)       :  . Yang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-08.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-01-24

Internet mail was originally limited to 7-bit ASCII.  Recent
enhancements support Unicode's UTF-8 encoding in portions of a
message.  Full internationalization of electronic mail requires
additional enhancement, including support for UTF-8 in user-oriented
header fields, such as in the To, From, and Subject fields.  This
document specifies an enhancement to Internet mail that permits
native UTF-8 support in the header and body of a message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:06:46 +0000

>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-08.txt
This is not cool. I didn't authorize this version, I don't believe 
chairs have authorized it either.

This version contains changes that are not yet officially agreed by the 
WG and also includes changes that weren't even discussed in the WG.

I would ask editors to rollback the changes, unless chairs tell me that 
this version was actually authorized by at least one of them.

Thanks,
Alexey

-- 
IETF Application Area Director, <http://www.ietf.org/iesg/members.html>
Internet Messaging Team Lead, <http://www.isode.com>
JID: same as my email address

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 08:58:10 -0500

--On Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:06 +0000 Alexey Melnikov
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
>> Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the
>> Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.
>> 
>> 
>...
> This version contains changes that are not yet officially
> agreed by the WG and also includes changes that weren't even
> discussed in the WG.
> 
> I would ask editors to rollback the changes, unless chairs
> tell me that this version was actually authorized by at least
> one of them.

At least this co-chair was as surprised as you were.  I thought
we had an agreement that no more drafts were to be posted
without an official announcement of consensus on the points
covered.  I'm assuming that Joseph will start posting such
announcements relatively soon, but I haven't seen them.

This is perhaps also an appropriate time to remind everyone that
Editors are appointed by WG Chairs with the advice and consent
of ADs, not by other editors.

    john

---

From: "Abel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:07:04 +0800

Dear Alexey,

I am very sorry that I updated the -08 draft yesterday directly
and not authorized by chairs or your review at this stage.
I apologized to you, chairs, and everyone affected by this in
this working group. You must have been disappointed by my
mistake. Hope that we can kindly solve this problem

Shawn and I agreed to rollback, and Shawn have sent a rollback
request. Again, we want to say sorry to each of you sincerely.

Yours truly,

Abel

-----原始郵件----- 
From: Alexey Melnikov
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:06 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [EAI] I-D Action:draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-08.txt

Thanks,
Alexey

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima