Subject: [EAI] Consensus Issue #7: change definition of uAtom?

From: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:15:52 -0500

Issue #7: change definition of uAtom?

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eai/trac/ticket/7

Description 
---------------

Do we need to tweak the definition of uAtom, and if yes, how?

---------------

Please use this thread or the issue tracker for discussion. The end date of discussion is Tuesday, Jan 25 - 9pm Pacific Time and conclusion will be drawn afterwards.    

Best,
Joseph

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 06:27:20 -0500

> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eai/trac/ticket/7

If we go with the approach Dave Crocker suggested, this question
is OBE in the current form.

The real question, for either ABNF approach, is, IMO, whether CO
and C1 controls (and perhaps various other Unicode format
control and metadata characters) should be permitted in
addresses or email headers more generally.   I believe the
answer should be "no", but I believe it is much more important
that we make a decision and be clear about it.

    john